Stolen?

BadSas
Mar 09, 2022

Rank II

Mar 09, 2022

What is your plan in order to prevent your Bronco from being stolen?

Rank VI

Mar 09, 2022

You don't get a rental until they build you a new car. You get a rental until the claim is paid, or some pre-determined length of time, say thirty days. Also, insurance companies don't "replace" your vehicle, they issue you a payment. You sit without a car for "at least a year", but with a check/money in the bank. The insurance company don't cringe pr care.

Why would you be any more worried about a Bronco being stolen than any other vehicle? To an insurance company it is about risk and the Bronco doesn't seem to have any more risk. It sounds like you worry too much.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
cindylou, ChetC

Life is a Highway

Mar 09, 2022

You don't get a rental until they build you a new car. You get a rental until the claim is paid, or some pre-determined length of time, say thirty days. Also, insurance companies don't "replace" your vehicle, they issue you a payment. You sit without a car for "at least a year", but with a check/money in the bank. The insurance company don't cringe pr care.

Why would you be any more worried about a Bronco being stolen than any other vehicle? To an insurance company it is about risk and the Bronco doesn't seem to have any more risk. It sounds like you worry too much.
What you said

Rank V

Mar 09, 2022

What is your plan in order to prevent your Bronco from being stolen? When at home I will keep it garaged, but out and about I’m not sure what‘s the best option. I know insurance companies must be cringing right now. If a Bronco gets stolen it will take at least a year to replace it with another exact model. I don’t think your insurance will authorize that rental car charge. Lol.

I don’t have a lot of confidence in auto alarms and I can’t afford an armed security service.
Insurance will eventually payout, but it will be less than you paid for the bronco in most cases so don't count on insurance to cover your loss/amount you owe your lender to payoff existing loan. This is where GAP coverage (Guaranteed Asset Protection) really helps whether its stolen or totalled in a crash. Along with a partial loss benefit (Theft Coverage) because among other things PLB covers your out of pocket deductible you owe your provider if your bronco is stolen and not recovered in 30 days.

Claims are a PIA. Plus what will you drive in the meantime while waiting for claim to process and yes...you will wait a long time in many cases for a new replacement vehicle which again the claim proceeds won't cover..especially a year from now. Bottom line, a stolen vehicle experience is awful, violating and something you want to avoid. Not to mention auto theft is sky high these days.

You can never have too much auto security, especially on a highly desirable vehicle like our broncos. Yes the OEM alarm system is ok and they come with GPS too which is nice and might help locate it if not disarmed by thief before its recovered. But neither will prevent the bronco from being stolen.

For whatever its worth. My company offers a couple aftermarket security products for sale on this forum. One actually helps prevent the car from being stolen (digital pedal lock) and the other I customized for our broncos, it helps police identify the rightful owner if your bronco is stolen and recovered with vin tags and vin plate removed (traceable security labels). Links to learn more about both products below if you or anyone else interested.

Digital Pedal Lock:
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...security-performance-wont-void-warranty.9080/

Traceable Security Labels:
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...rity-labels-made-exclusively-for-bronco.9406/
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992

Libations MOD

Mar 09, 2022

What is your plan in order to prevent your Bronco from being stolen? When at home I will keep it garaged, but out and about I’m not sure what‘s the best option. I know insurance companies must be cringing right now. If a Bronco gets stolen it will take at least a year to replace it with another exact model. I don’t think your insurance will authorize that rental car charge. Lol.

I don’t have a lot of confidence in auto alarms and I can’t afford an armed security service.
What do you do with any car?? Doubtful the Bronco makes the Top 10 stolen list anytime soon, too many are easier to steal and not as noticeable as a Bronco. Not sure why people are freaking out this is probably the 4th, 5th thread on this topic. Any device will keep an honest person honest, if someone wants it they will get it. Insurance will only cover the loss and cover until paid out, maybe a little longer if you are lucky.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Libations MOD

Mar 09, 2022

You can never have too much auto security, especially on a highly desirable vehicle like our broncos.
Curious where you got this from that it's a highly desirable vehicle for auto theft?? source?
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Darrel, ChetC

Rank I

Mar 09, 2022

You can track it's location with Ford Pass on your phone.
Ain't no fellow who ever regretted giving it one extra shake....
cindylou, Darrel

Rank V

Mar 09, 2022

Look at ravelco.com system. They say they never had a vehicle stolen. It is $649.00 + tax to get it installed. I'm going to put it on my F-150. There is a 7 prong plug you plug in when in the car and remove when you leave. I have read articles that show mot thieves don't try if they see the tickers on the car. F-150's are on the top of the list now. There are no dealers in MI, but is one in the Chicago area. Remember the old Fram commercial...
Mr. B, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Mar 09, 2022

You can track it's location with Ford Pass on your phone.
Track it to the chop shop or the port where it sits in a container on it's way to....
Speed Devil, Sdakotabronco

Life is a Highway

Mar 09, 2022

I have had classics, muscle cars, SUV’s modern muscle. And until the last two years have almost always had them parked outside. Other than alarm systems that came with them, I’ve only had one with a LoJack. I just can worry about what might happen. I try to be careful and aware and that’s it. If and when I happens I will worry about it then.
cindylou, Darrel

Rank V

Mar 09, 2022

Curious where you got this from that it's a highly desirable vehicle for auto theft?? source?
I agree. It seems counter intuitive. From what I have read, the cars in demand by thieves are those where they have a broad market for the parts. Chop shops look for quick turnaround on parts. The Bronco doesn’t seem like it would fit that model, plus with the limited availability of the vehicle currently, it seems that it would stick out like a sore thumb.
You can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.
H20Equus, cindylou

Rank V

Mar 09, 2022

Insurance will payout replacement value. And that is higher than msrp today.
Most of the time(99.5%) that’s used car pricing which is lower than msrp or invoice. They will not replace a 1k mile used(titled) car with a brand new one. But will pay the current market rate on used vehicles.

What’s the used Bronco market like today?
cindylou, TK1215

Libations MOD

Mar 09, 2022

I agree. It seems counter intuitive. From what I have read, the cars in demand by thieves are those where they have a broad market for the parts. Chop shops look for quick turnaround on parts. The Bronco doesn’t seem like it would fit that model, plus with the limited availability of the vehicle currently, it seems that it would stick out like a sore thumb.
You nailed it there!!
Darrel

Rank IV

Mar 09, 2022

Get a manual transmission!
cristian, 73chesney

Rank IV

Mar 09, 2022

Preventing and tracking are two different subjects but I put an Apple Air Tag in mine (hidden of course).
OBX 4 Dr / Lux / Leather / Tow / Orange / Soft Top / 2.7L
Res: 7/15/20 - OD: 2/19/21 - IP: 6/23 - Built 6/27 - Rec 7/9
TechnicalDisaster

Rank V

Mar 09, 2022

Just insurance. If a thief wants something bad enough, they'll take it regardless of what you do.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Darrel, ChetC

Adventure Day

Mar 09, 2022

Preventing and tracking are two different subjects but I put an Apple Air Tag in mine (hidden of course).
I’m going to put two apple air tags in mine. So if the thief discovers one and removes it, they’ll less likely look for a second one.
BuckYeah, 73chesney

Rank V

Mar 09, 2022

Happy to help any way I can.

First. My source is being a member of a nationwide auto theft task force and over 30 years experience of my family and I inventing and selling products that deter, prevent and trace auto theft.

What I meant by "highly desireable" is most (not all) people want a bronco when they see one. Not that a bronco is necessarily an easy target to chop or hide. Whoever steals a bronco either wants to drive it for a couple hours then dump it (jealousy) or if a pro...they will try to debadge its identity the cheapest way possible and resell it on the black market. Since hundreds of thousands of broncos are being produced, it will become an easiesr target to steal as more time rolls on.

Camry's, F150s (Ford security), Accords etc. are still the easiest targets for car theft because they blend in better and more of them on the road. This has been the case over 20 years. But even chop shops are having a harder time getting parts these days for all car models. Accords also now have vehicle ID stamped into the frame underneath the passenger floormat. The easiest cheapest and quickest way to resell a stolen car is (1) remove vin tags and vin plate in windshield (2) program new key fob (3) maybe repaint whole car but that cost more to do than its worth to a thief in many cases (4) disarm GPS.

Note, 3G GPS systems already have or will be disarmed by the factory on car models built prior to 2022 bc all 3G tracking services shut down in 2022. I believe broncos onboard GPS is 4G. So that's good. But GPS still wont prevent auto theft which was the point of this thread.

The line "if a thief wants it bad enough, he will steal it" really only applies if the thief (1) has ample time to steal it (2) knows what they are doing. The more layers of security you have, the harder and longer it takes a thief to steal it. If it takes more than 3 minutes, the thief will in most cases move on to an easier target.

The OP wanted to know if other products were available that would actually help prevent his bronco from being stolen. A couple products have been shared in this thread. One was a product my company offers and its 1/3 the cost of the other Ravelco product, which Im sure is a great product too. Mine is multi feature, DIY install and it won't void the factory warranty. I'm not sure about Ravelco in terms of voiding warranty but I do know it requires professional installation and a special key to operate. Don't lose your key.

It doesn't matter to me if you buy the product I offer or the other guys product or none at all. Obviously I would appreciate any new business derived from this great forum but my goal here is simply trying to help other bronco owners protect their investment especially when another member asks the community for help on the topic of auto security vs saying something like "just file an insurance claim and hope for the best" which is not helpful nor is it ever that easy.
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
Darrel, HeyDobby

Libations MOD

Mar 09, 2022

Happy to help any way I can.

First. My source is being a member of a nationwide auto theft task force and over 30 years experience of my family and I inventing and selling products that deter, prevent and trace auto theft.

What I meant by "highly desireable" is most (not all) people want a bronco when they see one. Not that a bronco is necessarily an easy target to chop or hide. Whoever steals a bronco either wants to drive it for a couple hours then dump it (jealousy) or if a pro...they will try to debadge its identity the cheapest way possible and resell it on the black market. Since hundreds of thousands of broncos are being produced, it will become an easiesr target to steal as more time rolls on.

Camry's, F150s (Ford security), Accords etc. are still the easiest targets for car theft because they blend in better and more of them on the road. This has been the case over 20 years. But even chop shops are having a harder time getting parts these days for all car models. Accords also now have vehicle ID stamped into the frame underneath the passenger floormat. The easiest cheapest and quickest way to resell a stolen car is (1) remove vin tags and vin plate in windshield (2) program new key fob (3) maybe repaint whole car but that cost more to do than its worth to a thief in many cases (4) disarm GPS.

Note, 3G GPS systems already have or will be disarmed by the factory on car models built prior to 2022 bc all 3G tracking services shut down in 2022. I believe broncos onboard GPS is 4G. So that's good. But GPS still wont prevent auto theft which was the point of this thread.

The line "if a thief wants it bad enough, he will steal it" really only applies if the thief (1) has ample time to steal it (2) knows what they are doing. The more layers of security you have, the harder and longer it takes a thief to steal it. If it takes more than 3 minutes, the thief will in most cases move on to an easier target.

The OP wanted to know if other products were available that would actually help prevent his bronco from being stolen. A couple products have been shared in this thread. One was a product my company offers and its 1/3 the cost of the other Ravelco product, which Im sure is a great product too. Mine is multi feature, DIY install and it won't void the factory warranty. I'm not sure about Ravelco in terms of voiding warranty but I do know it requires professional installation and a special key to operate. Don't lose your key.

It doesn't matter to me if you buy the product I offer or the other guys product or none at all. Obviously I would appreciate any new business derived from this great forum but my goal here is simply trying to help other bronco owners protect their investment especially when another member asks the community for help on the topic of auto security vs saying something like "just file an insurance claim and hope for the best" which is not helpful nor is it ever that easy.
Has Ford even broke 75,000 produced yet? We all could only wish hundreds of thousands were really being produced!! That would defintly be nice to see of FMC but thats a long ways off.

Rank V

Mar 09, 2022

You nailed it there!!

Insurance will payout replacement value. And that is higher than msrp today.
Do you have that in writing. I spoke to my ins. company and that's not true.
Deano Bronc, NT AUTOMOTIVE