Steel wheels?

Bfiandt901502
Feb 19, 2022

Rank IV

Feb 19, 2022

Has anyone found any black steel wheels that work on the new broncos?
Big bog
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2022

Home, home on the range

Feb 20, 2022

You mean like the ones that come standard on the Black Diamond?
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
AcesandEights, AllthePonies

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 20, 2022

Best bet is to find a set of Black Diamond take-offs. There are several companies making steelies. But they will run you over $200 each.

Rank 0

Feb 20, 2022

Take offs will probably run you that amount each if not more.

Rank III

Feb 20, 2022

Yes, The Black Diamond has them standard.

Modern Ranger steelies are exact same spec as black diamond. Can easily find for cheap. Got mine for less and $84CAD each.
AllthePonies

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 20, 2022

Take offs will probably run you that amount each if not more.

Not even. You can get a set of five Black Diamond wheels and tires with TPMS for $1000.

Rank 0

Feb 20, 2022

Not even. You can get a set of five Black Diamond wheels and tires with TPMS for $1000.
Last i checked 5 x 200 = 1000 so yeah. I never said it was only the steel wheels. I said take offs !!!???

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 20, 2022

Last i checked 5 x 200 = 1000 so yeah. I never said it was only the steel wheels. I said take offs !!!???

Yeah that's the point. You never said.

Rank IV

Feb 20, 2022

Not the black diamond ones. More like the old school ones like this. I talked to a local tire shop and they weren’t sure if there was any thing like it that would fit they haven’t messed with any of the new broncos. Sorry I should of put more description in my first post.

Attachments

Trusted and Carefree

Mar 23, 2022

Anyone have the part number for the BD steelies? Ive been futzing around trying to find it for a bit and am failing.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco

Rank VI

Mar 23, 2022

Ask local dealers for take offs

I got a set of 5 OBX wheels with brand new tires for $500 for my base
Base 4dr - Cyber Orange - 2.3 AT, Soft Top - Aux, Flr Lnrs, Keypad | Ordered 12/28/21 - W.S. 4/14/22 - Blend 4/21 - Built 4/25 - Shipped 5/19 - Final Prep 5/19
Mal

Trusted and Carefree

Mar 23, 2022

Thats plan B. I want to set up a set of steelies for snow tires. The spouse has taken a rather dim view of me buying parts for a truck I dont have yet. I was hoping I could walk into the parts counter and get these Johnny Cash style- One piece at a time- so I can kite this out and keep it below the amount that is really noticeable.
I got time to wait, maybe even to MY23. The plotting just never stops.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 23, 2022

Thats plan B. I want to set up a set of steelies for snow tires. The spouse has taken a rather dim view of me buying parts for a truck I dont have yet. I was hoping I could walk into the parts counter and get these Johnny Cash style- One piece at a time- so I can kite this out and keep it below the amount that is really noticeable.
I got time to wait, maybe even to MY23. The plotting just never stops.

Ask before it arrives like I did. I got a deal, normally $850 got $500 and it can be bundled into the price and financed
Base 4dr - Cyber Orange - 2.3 AT, Soft Top - Aux, Flr Lnrs, Keypad | Ordered 12/28/21 - W.S. 4/14/22 - Blend 4/21 - Built 4/25 - Shipped 5/19 - Final Prep 5/19
Mal

Rank V

Mar 23, 2022

Not the black diamond ones. More like the old school ones like this. I talked to a local tire shop and they weren’t sure if there was any thing like it that would fit they haven’t messed with any of the new broncos. Sorry I should of put more description in my first post.
So the lug pattern is 6x5.5" (or 6x139.7mm). Hub bore is 93.1mm - this is the same for the Rangers. You can run a bigger hub bore dia, just make sure the wheels are "lug-centric" with the tapered nuts, so the wheel will center up on the rotor when installed.

Stock offset on both the BD 17" and base 16" steelies is +55 I believe. I went with a 17x8.5" +25 on my base model, and it looks good with just the right amount of poke.

See if your local tire shop has a steelie with this lug pattern, it's not an uncommon size, so they may very well have something like you are wanting that will fit.

Rank V

Mar 23, 2022

Anyone have the part number for the BD steelies? Ive been futzing around trying to find it for a bit and am failing.
Found this from a post on 6G - this is the back of a BD wheel, doesn't look like a typical Ford p/n, but maybe you could do some googling and see... Best thing would be to see if someone with a BD would be kind enough to run their VIN through Ford Parts and grab a p/n for the wheels.
2021 Bronco - Factory Rims _ Wheels Specs 4.jpg
Mal