Starting to get concerned...

SethPoeski
Aug 15, 2022

Rank III

Aug 15, 2022

Getting a little worried, though hopefully this was bad information.

Like so many on these forums, I've had a heavily constrained order (4 door Badlands MIC Lux etc. etc.) since October of last year. I've been pretty patient, but this tidbit has me concerned..

Girlfriend and I were doing some shopping, and on our way to one of our destinations we passed a local Ford dealer. She asked me to drop by, to see if they have any Broncos on the lot (she's now curious about getting a 2 door). They had about 10 or so, all customer orders that were being prepped for delivery. While we were browsing, a few salesmen approached, I told them how we just wanted to see package/model variation in person, which lead to discussing my order. Both salesmen told me I'm looking at "2 to 2 and a half years" until I take delivery, due to being heavily constrained. This straight up freaked me out. I'm totally fine to wait into 2023, but any longer than that and I'm out. I know others have been waiting since 2020 (which is absolutely absurd), but I'm missing tons of opportunities to travel and explore while I wait for a vehicle that I have zero idea of delivery time. To make matters worse, the last time I checked on my order through my dealer, they stated the 12-16 months they quoted me was accurate, "if not more time". Has anyone else heard anything like this? I know we're right around the corner until MY23 order conversion, which should potentially help, but if this info is true, the ordering situation has gotten considerably worse and is no longer feasible. Hoping for the best still!
2022 2023 Badlands 4D | Shadow Black | MIC | 2.7L | Sasquatch | Lux Package | MOD Bumpers | Order Date: 10/19/21
Dimo302, washope
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2022

Rank V

Aug 15, 2022

Like so many on these forums, I've had a heavily constrained order (4 door Badlands MIC Lux etc. etc.) since October of last year. I've been pretty patient, but this tidbit has me concerned..

Girlfriend and I were doing some shopping, and on our way to one of our destinations we passed a local Ford dealer. She asked me to drop by, to see if they have any Broncos on the lot (she's now curious about getting a 2 door). They had about 10 or so, all customer orders that were being prepped for delivery. While we were browsing, a few salesmen approached, I told them how we just wanted to see package/model variation in person, which lead to discussing my order. Both salesmen told me I'm looking at "2 to 2 and a half years" until I take delivery, due to being heavily constrained. This straight up freaked me out. I'm totally fine to wait into 2023, but any longer than that and I'm out. I know others have been waiting since 2020 (which is absolutely absurd), but I'm missing tons of opportunities to travel and explore while I wait for a vehicle that I have zero idea of delivery time. To make matters worse, the last time I checked on my order through my dealer, they stated the 12-16 months they quoted me was accurate, "if not more time". Has anyone else heard anything like this? I know we're right around the corner until MY23 order conversion, which should potentially help, but if this info is true, the ordering situation has gotten considerably worse and is no longer feasible. Hoping for the best still!
I feel your pain. I am coming up on 2 years of waiting. For anyone that has a soft top are you happy with it? I ordered a badlands hardtop 2.7 4 door lux
DadChris44, Bronco Hueso

Home, home on the range

Aug 15, 2022

It's hard to say at this point. Any idea anyone has would be a guess. I waited a long time for mine but it was worth it. I reserved mine August of 20, and took delivery February 24th 2022. I was very lucky. I'm hopeful 2023 will be the end of the waiting game for all.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Dimo302, Bronco Hueso

Rank V

Aug 16, 2022

I feel your pain. I am coming up on 2 years of waiting. For anyone that has a soft top are you happy with it? I ordered a badlands hardtop 2.7 4 door lux

I know there are many many more softtops on the roads compared to hard tops. Nearly every complaint comes from a softop owner though. Not sure if it's due to the sheer amount of them or they really have that many more issues. Our hardtop has been trouble free other that on day three of ownership I wrapped the front panel guide pins to keep them from clicking on our rough, dirt county roads. Just over 8k miles now.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Sdakotabronco, KennyMac

Life is a Highway

Aug 16, 2022

It is pretty much exactly the way it has been. I finally got a build week on a similar build to yours and that is 23 months since I reserved. So it will be over two years from reservation to having keys in hand. And many will be closing in on 3 years from reservation by the time they get theirs. Hopefully it will improve as they aren’t taking any new reservations. But if they can’t get the constrained parts they will build as many basic builds to push out to dealer ships.
Bronco Hueso, SethPoeski

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Aug 16, 2022

I know there are many many more softtops on the roads compared to hard tops. Nearly every complaint comes from a softop owner though. Not sure if it's due to the sheer amount of them or they really have that many more issues. Our hardtop has been trouble free other that on day three of ownership I wrapped the front panel guide pins to keep them from clicking on our rough, dirt county roads. Just over 8k miles now.
I don't own a soft top and thank God seeing them in person they seem very tinker toy. I've seen some members' rides in person and they have showed me damages and defects galore. Personally I just don't trust ragtops nor plastic windows that someone could easily cut to gain access. And those hinges eek they seem so suspect strength and quality wise.
okie4570, TK1215

Rank III

Aug 16, 2022

I don't own a soft top and thank God seeing them in person they seem very tinker toy. I've seen some members' rides in person and they have showed me damages and defects galore. Personally I just don't trust ragtops nor plastic windows that someone could easily cut to gain access. And those hinges eek they seem so suspect strength and quality wise.
Yeah, the hard top was a non-negotiable option for me. I'll be daily driving my Bronco, and do not want to deal with a soft top. My dad's jeep as a kid was a soft top, and was loud and problematic.
2022 2023 Badlands 4D | Shadow Black | MIC | 2.7L | Sasquatch | Lux Package | MOD Bumpers | Order Date: 10/19/21
okie4570, TK1215

Life is a Highway

Aug 16, 2022

I have never met a convertible that I like. Just not my bag, baby
Dimo302, KennyMac

Rank III

Aug 16, 2022

It is pretty much exactly the way it has been. I finally got a build week on a similar build to yours and that is 23 months since I reserved. So it will be over two years from reservation to having keys in hand. And many will be closing in on 3 years from reservation by the time they get theirs. Hopefully it will improve as they aren’t taking any new reservations. But if they can’t get the constrained parts they will build as many basic builds to push out to dealer ships.
I really feel the most for those of you early reservation holders. I'm really glad to hear you've gotten a build date finally, but 23 months since ordering is just.. out of control. I really hope this situation gets better.

Life is a Highway

Aug 16, 2022

I drove a soft top at the OffRoadeo. It was fine and I had no complaints. But it’s not a HT

Life is a Highway

Aug 16, 2022

I really feel the most for those of you early reservation holders. I'm really glad to hear you've gotten a build date finally, but 23 months since ordering is just.. out of control. I really hope this situation gets better.
And I don’t consider mine an early reservation. I was late in October of 2020.

Rank V

Aug 16, 2022

I have that same build, all the constraints (except I dropped the tow), reserved July '21, and I got a production date last week. Keep up the hope!!! They're still scheduling for all of October. Remember to check the backdoor site.
Badlands, 4 door, Cactus Gray, 2.7, LUX, MIC, dropped tow package 4/28/22
Res 7/7/21, ordered 8/6/21, Production week of 9/18/22, blend date 9/18/22
JIOxfordWhite, TK1215

Rank III

Aug 16, 2022

I have that same build, all the constraints (except I dropped the tow), reserved July '21, and I got a production date last week. Keep up the hope!!! They're still scheduling for all of October. Remember to check the backdoor site.
That makes me feel good! Thank you for the hope! I don't have a VIN, and placed an order with no reservation, so unfortunately the backdoor link doesn't apply to me at the moment.

Life is a Highway

Aug 16, 2022

I thought about dropping the tow because of the constraints. I really wanted it to tow a small overland trailer.
BuckYeah

Libations MOD

Aug 16, 2022

Yep took right at 2 years, see dates in signature
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
JIOxfordWhite, TK1215

Rank VI

Aug 16, 2022

How to put this simply...who knows, haha.

An additional 2-2.5 years seems unlikely to me. I'm not saying that parts contraints aren't still an issue...they are, but I don't think there are showstopper constraints like when Ford was actively telling people to drop the tow and the hard top to get built faster. If you read the build week threads on here, you'll see that every type of build are getting scheduled these days.

Also, if the salesmen were from a dealership that you don't have your order from, they would have no idea how many allocations your dealership has and where you stand in the queue.

And finally, those of us that were early reservation holders from July/Aug'20 that waited (or are waiting) 2+ years had almost of year of waiting when Ford hadn't even started their production line yet.

Oh and there's a saying around...Whenever you hear "My dealer says..." ------ DRINK!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
BroncoFred, DadChris44

Rank III

Aug 16, 2022

How to put this simply...who knows, haha.

An additional 2-2.5 years seems unlikely to me. I'm not saying that parts contraints aren't still an issue...they are, but I don't think there are showstopper constraints like when Ford was actively telling people to drop the tow and the hard top to get built faster. If you read the build week threads on here, you'll see that every type of build are getting scheduled these days.

Also, if the salesmen were from a dealership that you don't have your order from, they would have no idea how many allocations your dealership has and where you stand in the queue.

And finally, those of us that were early reservation holders from July/Aug'20 that waited (or are waiting) 2+ years had almost of year of waiting when Ford hadn't even started their production line yet.

Oh and there's a saying around...Whenever you hear "My dealer says..." ------ DRINK!
This was where I was aligned as well. I guess I should also point out, the majority of the Broncos on the lot I was at were 4 door Wildtrak or Badlands with MIC, Lux etc. so you're absolutely right, there's a lot more of the constrained builds out and about now.

Valid point about the dealership, as well! Definitely familiar with the "my dealer said" game lol.
Sdakotabronco, Jakob1972

Rank V

Aug 16, 2022

Interested in a 2 door? Base, but V6/auto, Sasquatch. My order finally got built and is being shipped, but I got tired of waiting (2 years) and bought one off the lot a few months ago. Keeping that one, but when my order comes in, I'll turn around and sell it - don't need 2 New Broncos.
BadlandsHotPepper22

Rank III

Aug 16, 2022

Interested in a 2 door? Base, but V6/auto, Sasquatch. My order finally got built and is being shipped, but I got tired of waiting (2 years) and bought one off the lot a few months ago. Keeping that one, but when my order comes in, I'll turn around and sell it - don't need 2 New Broncos.
Ah unfortunately not, I'm dead set on a 4 door Badlands haha. Thanks though!

Rank V

Aug 16, 2022

Don’t trust anything a dealership tells you, not that they are always lying, they just don’t know squat. I know more about the vehicles than just about every “salesperson” at the dealership I walk into.
“BCH BRNC“ BlkDia 2Dr/MIC/2.7/AT/Carbon Gray/Mid Pkg
Res:10/20, Orders: MY ‘21 04/21, MY ‘22 10/21, Prod 8/8, Del 8/29
BroncoFred, LR48