Speedometer Adjustment

Kstiff
Apr 23, 2022

Rank V

Apr 23, 2022

I have seen several videos about using Forscan to change tire size information so the speedometer etc. Are correct. But, @MitchellWatts of TC Customs indicated the entire dash has to be removed to make the adjustment. Any advice?
Poindexter_d
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2022

No Ragerts

Apr 23, 2022

I have seen several videos about using Forscan to change tire size information so the speedometer etc. Are correct. But, @MitchellWatts of TC Customs indicated the entire dash has to be removed to make the adjustment. Any advice?
Here’s a dash removal video - NBD
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 23, 2022

If Forscan is used, nothing has to be taken apart. Did he say that in a video?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
SlashRacer

Rank V

Apr 23, 2022

If Forscan is used, nothing has to be taken apart. Did he say that in a video?
Yep, they said they wouldn't send one out without doing "it right." That included removing the dash. I can't imagine why you would remove the dash if forscan works!

Rank VI

Apr 24, 2022

Yep, they said they wouldn't send one out without doing "it right." That included removing the dash. I can't imagine why you would remove the dash if forscan works!
Probably because his shop is a hypertec dealer and they get to bill for the part and the labor doing it that way. He is running a business after all.
22 Black Diamond 2dr non sas w tow and roof rails.

Rank IV

Jul 02, 2022

Would this void the warranty in any way?

Rank V

Jul 02, 2022

Would this void the warranty in any way?
I would want the Ford dealer to do it so it wouldn't impact the warranty.

Rank IV

Jul 02, 2022

I’ve been to two ford dealerships in my area and they both said that Ford has not come out with any software to recalibrate the speedometer yet. The second dealership I went to said that my best bet would be to find a shop that could do an aftermarket calibration.

Rank V

Jul 02, 2022

I’ve been to two ford dealerships in my area and they both said that Ford has not come out with any software to recalibrate the speedometer yet. The second dealership I went to said that my best bet would be to find a shop that could do an aftermarket calibration.
Buy a Hypertech odometer. Dealer can install it. Problem solved
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992

Rank VI

Jul 06, 2022

Forscan to do it is not a big deal. It’s just an edit of the as built table. It does not hurt your warranty. I‘ve done it on my Mustang GT350 to change to R spec 30 series tires vs 35 that was factory. It was a .5” diameter difference and threw the speedometer off a few mph at 80. It corrected it and is undetectable to the dealer. The dealer is clueless how to change it. Don’t waste money on something you don’t need. Just do the forscan edit.