Exterior protection

twsboard
Dec 14, 2021

Rank III

Dec 14, 2021

As I moved from Texas to Colorado, snow storms bring road salt/sand and I want to get protected. Thoughts on ceramic coating vs clear bra. TIA
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2021

Libations MOD

Dec 14, 2021

Snow?? CO has forgotten what snowstorms are! LOL I think I put my truck in 4x4 3 times last year LOL
But CO has really moved away from the sand and especially salt, it's MAG that is commonly used now. I have never done anything to my vehicles except wash them more often during the winters and really got a good place that does undercarriage.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Darrel, Chaos

Rank VI

Dec 15, 2021

As I moved from Texas to Colorado, snow storms bring road salt/sand and I want to get protected. Thoughts on ceramic coating vs clear bra. TIA
Can't add much except our Bronco is at the dealer getting the ceramic paint protection. Will pick it up tomorrow.
Kathleen
OBX, 4D, Soft top, 2.7, Cyber Orange, Lux, Tow, BO Leather; Order 4/3, Prod Week 11/29, Blend Date 12/1, Delivery 12/11/21
BroncOitis

No Ragerts

Dec 15, 2021

PPF (Paint Protection Film or clear bra) is great for physical protection and ceramic coating is for finish protection. The best of both worlds would include a PPF that is then ceramic coated.

I had my Bronco professionally ceramic coated immediately upon delivery & any dirt simply rinses right off.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
skipwal, BroncOitis

Rank V

Dec 15, 2021

PPF (Paint Protection Film or clear bra) is great for physical protection and ceramic coating is for finish protection. The best of both worlds would include a PPF that is then ceramic coated.

I had my Bronco professionally ceramic coated immediately upon delivery & any dirt simply rinses right off.
Pretty pricey, right?

No Ragerts

Dec 15, 2021

Pretty pricey, right?
Sure, the initial investment is a few bucks but I am a huge hand wash guy and the peace of mind for the convenience and long term preservation of the appearance is important to me. Plus, I don’t have to clean brake dust off the rims or wax the vehicle for 5 years!

a quick blast with the foam canon & blow dry with the master blaster & she’s good to go!

1E4094D2-B6E3-4A18-B46F-E89A287FDED0.jpeg
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
skipwal, NiceBronco

Libations MOD

Dec 15, 2021

Sure, the initial investment is a few bucks but I am a huge hand wash guy and the peace of mind for the convenience and long term preservation of the appearance is important to me. Plus, I don’t have to clean brake dust off the rims or wax the vehicle for 5 years!

a quick blast with the foam canon & blow dry with the master blaster & she’s good to go!

View attachment 23778
barricades meet OSHA standards!!
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Bschurr

No Ragerts

Dec 15, 2021

barricades meet OSHA standards!!
Safety first! LOL

I am the last house on a private dead end road & the adjacent property is for sale which has created an increase in unwanted vehicle activity on my oasis - pass the barricade that advises “Private Property - No Trespassing” and prepare to pay the price!!
PAWBronco, BroncOitis

Rank V

Dec 23, 2021

Does Ceramic last longer then the protection you get from Ziebart or other non ceramic? I saw a video that said it lasts for years. Ball park what does something like this cost?

Thanks,
Dave
BroncOitis

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Dec 23, 2021

Same here! Thinking about getting the Ceramic Coating done, because waxing every 6 months gets a little old. Just wondering where would someone get Ceramic Coating done at, and like Dave said what would be a round about figure to pay for something like that?
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.

Rank V

Dec 23, 2021

Got mine wrapped in Lumar Valor last week. $3750 after tax. Has 12 year warranty, hydrophobic and self healing.

No Ragerts

Dec 23, 2021

Does Ceramic last longer then the protection you get from Ziebart or other non ceramic? I saw a video that said it lasts for years. Ball park what does something like this cost?

Thanks,
Dave

Same here! Thinking about getting the Ceramic Coating done, because waxing every 6 months gets a little old. Just wondering where would someone get Ceramic Coating done at, and like Dave said what would be a round about figure to pay for something like that?

There are different ceramic products and even within products, there are different levels of protection from 1 year to 7 years. Typically there is an annual checkup and potential reapplication of a touch up layer. Any good auto detail or hand car wash should be able to provide ceramic coating. Costs will vary by product & longevity. And, like anything else, read up and do your homework on products & installers and check references.
BroncOitis

Rank V

Dec 23, 2021

There are different ceramic products and even within products, there are different levels of protection from 1 year to 7 years. Typically there is an annual checkup and potential reapplication of a touch up layer. Any good auto detail or hand car wash should be able to provide ceramic coating. Costs will vary by product & longevity. And, like anything else, read up and do your homework on products & installers and check references.
So we are back to the one common answer....It Depends!! :0)
Bschurr

Rank V

Dec 23, 2021

Got mine wrapped in Lumar Valor last week. $3750 after tax. Has 12 year warranty, hydrophobic and self healing.
So what is this wrap product?

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2021

I got Ceramic paint protection from my dealer. It has a 7 year guarantee. If a scratch won't polish out, they repaint and repeat the Ceramic protection. Interior was protected, too. If my leather stains or tears and can't be repaired, it will be replaced.

$1500.
Kathleen
OBX, 4D, Soft top, 2.7, Cyber Orange, Lux, Tow, BO Leather; Order 4/3, Prod Week 11/29, Blend Date 12/1, Delivery 12/11/21
BroncOitis, the poacher

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2021

BTW. Paint looks like glass.
Kathleen

Rank V

Dec 23, 2021

So what is this wrap product?

https://llumar.com/na/en/automotive...MIlNvR4Jn69AIVVuvjBx3CPwZQEAAYASAAEgKf6vD_BwE

Rank V

Dec 23, 2021

I’m in the salt/brine belt and for sure will undercoat the underside.

I’ve used Krown in the past but I did a DIY with Woolwax on my F-150. Blaster came out with a longer lasting formula too.

So when the Bronco arrives I’ll be spraying the underside for sure. It’s messy when you work on it but better than rust.

I have PPF on my 2009 car and has really helped with stone chips. I did the same on my F-150.

Next thing to try is DIY ceramic coat.

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Dec 23, 2021

The talk today is about PPF, Lumar, and Ceramic Coating, when I was younger there was a product called "Liquid Glass" and I use to put this on my off road vehicle once a year. I can say "I've never had a vehicle shine like what that product did" and I got Liquid Glass from "JCwhitney" catalog, however did not look to see if they still carried this product or not. Wondering if any one else has or is using Liquid Glass and what their thoughts were on it?
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.

Rank V

Dec 23, 2021

I got Ceramic paint protection from my dealer. It has a 7 year guarantee. If a scratch won't polish out, they repaint and repeat the Ceramic protection. Interior was protected, too. If my leather stains or tears and can't be repaired, it will be replaced.

$1500.
Hi Kathleen...I assume you mean Ford dealer?
BroncOitis