Soft Top Issues. Is The Bestop Trektop Good?

jakecall
Apr 30, 2022

Rank 0

Apr 30, 2022

I just recently picked up a Ford Bronco Outer Banks with High Package and Sasquatch Package. My former vehicle was a Honda Civic so as you know, that's a big upgrade in size.

I was riding with the soft top folded halfway over and it comes time to back the vehicle in the garage, I completely hit the top of the garage with the soft top and broke the fiberglass-looking part of the soft top. The frame itself is fine, but that wide piece at the front that the latches attach to is broken in some areas.

I can only imagine how much it would cost for Ford to fix this and I don't even know if I can replace the whole soft top due to the demand.

I've been looking at the Bestop Trektop which goes for about $1,850 + $500 install. Is this top worth it? Are there any flaws to it?

Trying to keep my spending for the top as low as possible since I just bought the car 4 days ago.
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2022

Expensive Taste

Apr 30, 2022

Best Top makes very high quality soft tops. Just be aware the functionality is a bit different and it does not completely fold down in the back.
Deano Bronc, AcesandEights

Rank VI

Apr 30, 2022

I will echo TD's comment. Bestop makes the highest quality soft top you can buy for a Bronco; although, as stated, it may work differently than the OE soft top. Bestop has been making the soft top for Jeep for well over 200 years (that's an exaggeration), so they know everything there is to know about making soft tops for our kind of vehicles. You won't be sorry when it comes to the quality; although, again, it may work differently in how it goes up/down/back, etc.

Bottom line, buy the Bestop and be happy knowing you have a better top than the original equipment.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
BeerMe, Babytruck

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

May 01, 2022

I really like the factory top for its functionality you may want to Chek with your dealer for a replacement cost before you decide

Rank IV

May 01, 2022

I will echo TD's comment. Bestop makes the highest quality soft top you can buy for a Bronco; although, as stated, it may work differently than the OE soft top. Bestop has been making the soft top for Jeep for well over 200 years (that's an exaggeration), so they know everything there is to know about making soft tops for our kind of vehicles. You won't be sorry when it comes to the quality; although, again, it may work differently in how it goes up/down/back, etc.

Bottom line, buy the Bestop and be happy knowing you have a better top than the original equipment.
I am looking at getting this top for the warmer months. I will be putting my hard top back on for the winter months. Will I have an issue putting it back on I noticed there is a gasket that you install when you put the Bestop on and didn’t know if that would cause a problem.

Rank III

May 07, 2022

I love my Bestop Trektop. It's held up to tornadoes and intense rain. No leaks or issues.

Attachments

BWepps

Rank III

May 09, 2022

I am looking at getting this top for the warmer months. I will be putting my hard top back on for the winter months. Will I have an issue putting it back on I noticed there is a gasket that you install when you put the Bestop on and didn’t know if that would cause a problem.

This is my plan and my concern too.

Rank IV

May 09, 2022

This is my plan and my concern too.
I emailed Bestop I’ll let you know what I find out.

Rank I

May 16, 2022

I emailed Bestop I’ll let you know what I find out.
any luck getting a response? I'm curious how hard it would be to switch back and forth between the factory hard top and the trektop
MJXRAY

Rank IV

May 16, 2022

any luck getting a response? I'm curious how hard it would be to switch back and forth between the factory hard top and the trektop
I did! They said it is perfectly compatible with the hard top.
You don’t have to take the soft top completely apart when you remove it if you have space to store it. The gasket that you put down for the soft top and the protective stickers do not come off and they don’t interfere with the hard top. So great news!
radashes

Rank VI

May 16, 2022

The bestop soft top quality is good but it does not fold all the way back like the OEM top. You’re going to have the same problem with the garage.

Rank V

May 17, 2022

I love my Bestop Trektop. It's held up to tornadoes and intense rain. No leaks or issues.
can you Safari style in the best top ?

Rank III

May 17, 2022

can you Safari style in the best top ?

Yes

Rank 0

May 22, 2022

The bestop soft top quality is good but it does not fold all the way back like the OEM top. You’re going to have the same problem with the garage.

The issue arose when I backed in the garage with the top folded halfway back. Careless mistake, should of closed. Car fits fine with the top folded down.