Soft Top anyone??

monica_mcgee
Jun 26, 2021

Rank V

Jun 26, 2021

Just curious if any of you are considering changing to the soft top or waiting a bit longer? I'm concerned about the noise level having 2 small kids (3 and 5) and traveling to see family in Texas from Tennessee. The last Jeep soft top I was in was LOUD, but that was 20 years ago!! How quiet are the soft tops these days? Help!!
Katwithcosmos, TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2021

Rank II

Jun 26, 2021

I actually really want a soft top...but I only placed a reservation on June 9th. My dealer hasn't yet placed the order for my 4 door badlands, and I'm not sure why.
TK1215, Hobgoblin

Rank V

Jun 26, 2021

The only reason I didn't get a soft top is because it didn't come with the hard top prep. I will switch to a soft top if I'm guaranteed I'll get the hard top prep.
JRHopp, TK1215

Rank I

Jun 26, 2021

Just curious if any of you are considering changing to the soft top or waiting a bit longer? I'm concerned about the noise level having 2 small kids (3 and 5) and traveling to see family in Texas from Tennessee. The last Jeep soft top I was in was LOUD, but that was 20 years ago!! How quiet are the soft tops these days? Help!!
Moving to Colorado and need a roof rack for RTT, so not an option for me. I'll just wait for the MIC top, expecting to get moved to MY22.
TK1215, monica_mcgee

Rank V

Jun 26, 2021

The only reason I didn't get a soft top is because it didn't come with the hard top prep. I will switch to a soft top if I'm guaranteed I'll get the hard top prep.

Yeah I'm kinda hoping that since mine doesn't even have a "scheduled for production" date, that will put me past the September mark. But who knows anymore!!
TK1215, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jun 26, 2021

I actually really want a soft top...but I only placed a reservation on June 9th. My dealer hasn't yet placed the order for my 4 door badlands, and I'm not sure why.
You may want to look at Kearney Mesa Ford in San Diego. They are doing fair deals and are responsive from what I have observed. That is just from a lot of blood, sweat, and tears of forum living the last year. Good luck with your order.

Libations MOD

Jun 26, 2021

Moving to Colorado and need a roof rack for RTT, so not an option for me. I'll just wait for the MIC top, expecting to get moved to MY22.
Having lived in Denver since 1996, not a chance I wouldn't have a MIC for the winters and hail seasons! So, like you, not even an option except as an AM later down the road
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Drinxxs04, aumackenzie

Rank III

Jun 26, 2021

It’s going to be a cold day before I get my BB.
In the cold, soft tops are too noisy and don’t keep the cold out. It’s like winter camping.
I’ll wait for the mic hard top.
bigbend4J, monica_mcgee

Rank III

Jun 26, 2021

In the cold, soft tops are too noisy and don’t keep the cold out. It’s like winter camping.
Need a hard top to survive Michigan winters. Even 10 minutes without would mean certain death.
TitsLaRue, monica_mcgee

Gladesmen

Jun 26, 2021

If the Bronco soft top it anything like the latest Jeep top they are pretty nice I think they are insulated. I just remember thinking I thought it was going to be much louder than this. It was spring time so I didn’t notice the cold.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
monica_mcgee

Life is a Highway

Jun 26, 2021

Yeah I'm kinda hoping that since mine doesn't even have a "scheduled for production" date, that will put me past the September mark. But who knows anymore!!
If you want the install pack notify your dealership and they will move you to the September and after group. Notify them before 7/16/21
monica_mcgee

Rank V

Jun 26, 2021

If the Bronco soft top it anything like the latest Jeep top they are pretty nice I think they are insulated. I just remember thinking I thought it was going to be much louder than this. It was spring time so I didn’t notice the cold.

How cold does your part of the country get?? I'm from Texas but just relocated to East Tennessee and haven't had a winter up here yet but I'm terrified I'll freeze!! And yes, I realize that sounds ridiculous to those of you from up north
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jun 26, 2021

Ahh thank you for the heads up!!

Rank IV

Jun 26, 2021

If you want the install pack notify your dealership and they will move you to the September and after group. Notify them before 7/16/21
I have yet to see on any forum if the dealer can add the install pack post delivery if you take possession of a soft top prior to Sept? Mine was just built and I hope to have it by mid-July. Didn't realize at the time I switched from the MOD to a soft top that it didn't come with the install pack. I only switched to the soft top to get sooner and planned on upgrading to a hard top when available.
OBX 4 Dr / Lux / Leather / Tow / Orange / Soft Top / 2.7L
Res: 7/15/20 - OD: 2/19/21 - IP: 6/23 - Built 6/27 - Rec 7/9

Rank III

Jun 26, 2021

How cold does your part of the country get?? I'm from Texas but just relocated to East Tennessee and haven't had a winter up here yet but I'm terrified I'll freeze!! And yes, I realize that sounds ridiculous to those of you from up north

Rank III

Jun 26, 2021

Born and raised in MN.
You’ll be fine.
Enjoy TN :)
BC33, BroncoPA65

Rank 0

Jun 26, 2021

Just got a call from my dealer and they bluntly said ALL hard tops will come in 2023, including carbonized grey. I live in Minnesota but I can survive 1 year with the soft top and then change it out.

These winters are going to be interesting... changing my MIC to soft top
nic, Katwithcosmos

Moab or bust!!!

Jun 26, 2021

Just got a call from my dealer and they bluntly said ALL hard tops will come in 2023, including carbonized grey. I live in Minnesota but I can survive 1 year with the soft top and then change it out.

I believe they are a bit confused. Yes, the modular painted hardtops are delayed till MY23, but the MIC tops are still an option for this year and next.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
monica_mcgee, TK1215

Libations MOD

Jun 26, 2021

I am with @Deano Bronc even the Ford email yesterday clearly stated MOD is a 23MY and MIC is still a 21MY and on
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
BroncoBill, monica_mcgee

Rank 0

Jun 26, 2021

They stated that their GM came and explained this to them. I might have to go in and speak to him myself...
I was confused at first as well
monica_mcgee, Deano Bronc