So, Tube doors from the performance shop!

RETmed14!

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 14, 2022
Nebraska, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Brunow
As i wait and watch patiently for my build, I have been trying to look up and see if anyone else has the tube doors Ford offers for the Bronco. My main question if anyone knows is this, Is it unlawful to operate your Bronco on street with the tube doors on ?

mike8675309

Rank V

Promoter III

Nov 24, 2021
Minnesota
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harms
As i wait and watch patiently for my build, I have been trying to look up and see if anyone else has the tube doors Ford offers for the Bronco. My main question if anyone knows is this, Is it unlawful to operate your Bronco on street with the tube doors on ?
You have to check where you live. Most municipalities only are concerned about mirrors with no requirements for doors.

Obviously, your vehicle is much safer on the road with the doors on. I expect my doors will stay on when daily driving, even if I have the roof off. I can only control how well I drive, I can't control others.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Check your local laws, every state is different

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Never heard of a door law, Jeeps (CJs) have no doors when you take the top off we rode around all the time no top or doors.

Last edited:

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Never heard of a door law, Jeeps (CJs) have no doors when you take the top off we rode around all the time no top or doors.
Many states have laws on doors and side mirrors now is it really enforced, probably not. Does it give PC for a stop, absolutely.
Colorado Statute: 42-4-226

RETmed14!

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 14, 2022
Nebraska, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Brunow
You have to check where you live. Most municipalities only are concerned about mirrors with no requirements for doors.

Obviously, your vehicle is much safer on the road with the doors on. I expect my doors will stay on when daily driving, even if I have the roof off. I can only control how well I drive, I can't control others.
And with this just like a helmet law I guess,, should be let those who ride decide ! :)

Reactions: KennyMac

mike8675309

Rank V

Promoter III

Nov 24, 2021
Minnesota
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harms
I'm in CT.
Does that law apply to the Amish horse drawn carts?
Pennsylvania law requires the factory equipment to be installed. If it came from a factory with doors, it has to have doors. you can google to find the inanity of that law in Pennsylvania. Jeep owners are very unhappy.

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Pennsylvania law requires the factory equipment to be installed. If it came from a factory with doors, it has to have doors. you can google to find the inanity of that law in Pennsylvania. Jeep owners are very unhappy.
I don't give a shit about PAs laws, I'm in CT

• Haha
Reactions: ResidualGenius

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

CT doesn't have a law saying you can't, but there seems evidence that the police like to harass those that do.
Never seen any evidence of it, I've been here a long time..

We do have a seat belt law, that will get you pulled over and ticketed unless your Jeep didn't come with belts.

Reactions: 14U

Bronco STEVE

Rank III

Champion III

Jul 22, 2021
First Name
STEVEN
Last Name
PALOMBI
Member #

Here in NJ it isn't. I see people all over running without any doors on jeeps.....

RETmed14!

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 14, 2022
Nebraska, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Brunow
The Ford Performance Tube doors are factory order,,lol,,,,,

Reactions: Chief1301