SirusXM cutting out in Northern MN

Scott Hanson
Jun 01, 2022

Rank IV

Jun 01, 2022

I have a '22 OuterBanks and while in NorthWestern MN the SirusXM cuts out constantly. Brought it in and they put in a new antenna but it continues to do the same thing...took it on a 5000 mile trip in the SW and when we got to Sioux Falls all the issues stopped...back home and they started right up. Dealership shop think the hardtop might be blocking the signal this far north. Anyone else having similar concerns. Appreciate the input.
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 01, 2022

Gladesmen

Jun 01, 2022

Are there a lot of tall trees in your neck of the woods? I notice this when we were in the Redwoods in California. This part of Texas I don’t have to worry about it.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank IV

Jun 01, 2022

Most of the trails here are for UTV/ATVs...having the issue in clear non-obstructed sky...
Jakob1972

Rank IV

Jun 07, 2022

I have a '22 OuterBanks and while in NorthWestern MN the SirusXM cuts out constantly. Brought it in and they put in a new antenna but it continues to do the same thing...took it on a 5000 mile trip in the SW and when we got to Sioux Falls all the issues stopped...back home and they started right up. Dealership shop think the hardtop might be blocking the signal this far north. Anyone else having similar concerns. Appreciate the input.
I have noticed this too, I live in eastern PA. I too think it is the top, my jeep had the xm antenna mounted on roll bar behind passenger seat and it never lost single (baring tunnels and very wide bridges) I dont know where the xm antenna is located on bronco, but curious to know if you have the MIC top 2.0???

Burrito Connoisseur

Jun 07, 2022

I have noticed this too, I live in eastern PA. I too think it is the top, my jeep had the xm antenna mounted on roll bar behind passenger seat and it never lost single (baring tunnels and very wide bridges) I dont know where the xm antenna is located on bronco, but curious to know if you have the MIC top???
Antenna is in the same spot in the Bronco, behind the passenger's head.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Road trip!!!

Jun 07, 2022

I have a hardtop and live in SW Michigan. My sirusxm cuts out near trees. I don’t have to be under them, but if they are along the road, it will cut out. I believe it is a combination of the hard top and the trees causing the issue.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Bears, Bison and Tourists!

Jun 07, 2022

SW Montana and have issues due to the tall trees but the farther north I travel some channels are worse than others. I blame the satellites for flying too low. ;)
2 Dr BL MGV High 2.3 Auto SAS MIC Tow....
7/13/20 res 1/21/21 order
Got my VIN 9/30.....Build week 11/15 Delivered 1/14/22

Rank IV

Jun 07, 2022

Antenna is in the same spot in the Bronco, behind the passenger's head.
I can tell you the MIC top seems a little more thicker then the jeep top but the jeep top was way heaver

Rank V

Jun 08, 2022

My 22 Badlands/Lux/Sasquatch/4Door/Hardtop has Sirus cutting out, too. Not too bad in Boston, but when I get out in the country (Western & Central Mass, Southern Vermont) it cuts out--a lot. Spoke with the salesman, and he had nothing to say. I asked if there was a premium antenna or anything available, and he again had nothing to say. I can't identify any pattern: dirt road, highway, cresting a hill or bottoming out--it cuts out for a couple of seconds, sometimes fifteen or so.

I rented cars in southern California a few years ago with Sirus, never had this trouble.

GASQUATCH

Jun 08, 2022

I have sirius in my 22 bronco, 21 powerboost, and 21 edge, and Sirus cuts out in all vehicles once in a while (split second), and the volume jumps up for a second. Almost like the signal is jumping from satellite to satellite...(I have no idea if that is how it really works).
I enjoy Sirius because I dont have to listen to our local mouthpieces in the morning, but the compression ration sucks for the quality, especially in my 18 speaker Unleashed system in my 21 powerboost. Over-the-air HD sounds much much better....if the DJs would just shut up!
2022 Badlands / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Auto / 2DR / MIC / Bestop Trektop / LUX / 12000# Badland winch / in Hot Pepper Red