Signature LED's

Steve5205
Dec 04, 2021

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

I bought my Big Bend without the LED's. I didn't realize the non-LED's didn't have the signature Bronco look, which I really like. So I bought some OEM LED's on eBay. I shopped around to find someone to install them, but it seemed ridiculously expensive. So, in spite of the fact that I've never worked on a car in my life, I found a YouTube video on how to remove Bronco headlamps. Today, against all odds, in about two hours, I swapped them out. The LED's look great and it's amazing how easy it was.

2021 Big Bend / 4 Dr / Antimatter Blue / Soft Top / Manual
Reserve Date: 12/20/20 Order Date: 4/6/21 Blend Date: 8/6/21 Production Date (ReRelease): 9/24/21 Delivery date: 10/23/21
cscottp67, twsboard
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 04, 2021

No Ragerts

Dec 04, 2021

nice job!

Glad you were able to accomplish this on your own and the new found confidence will allow you to tackle future modifications. (y)
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Deano Bronc, BuckYeah

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Dec 04, 2021

Good work that's awesome!

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

Grats! Show us picks of your good work!
Here are before and afters.

Attachments

Reserve Date: 12/20/20 Order Date: 4/6/21 Blend Date: 8/6/21 Production Date (ReRelease): 9/24/21 Delivery date: 10/23/21
TK1215, twsboard

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

Nicely done.

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

nice job!

Glad you were able to accomplish this on your own and the new found confidence will allow you to tackle future modifications. (y)
You're right. I switched out the antenna too!
Jakob1972

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Dec 04, 2021

Perfect! Glad you took the initiative to do it yourself. It gives you even more pride knowing you did it yourself. And now you have a better idea of how your front clip goes together. (And so do I.)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

Perfect! Glad you took the initiative to do it yourself. It gives you even more pride knowing you did it yourself. And now you have a better idea of how your front clip goes together. (And so do I.)
I know. The video was great. The only tricky part was that when I put the new lamps in, I had to loosen one part of the housing behind the grill to get the light past it. But it simply involved one bolt on each side to give me a little extra play.
BuckYeah

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

I bought my Big Bend without the LED's. I didn't realize the non-LED's didn't have the signature Bronco look, which I really like. So I bought some OEM LED's on eBay. I shopped around to find someone to install them, but it seemed ridiculously expensive. So, in spite of the fact that I've never worked on a car in my life, I found a YouTube video on how to remove Bronco headlamps. Today, against all odds, in about two hours, I swapped them out. The LED's look great and it's amazing how easy it was.
Quick question for you, did the DRL work correctly? In my Base I can have DRL either on or off, but when on its just the headlight is on.
So I'm curious as to if it's same after the swap, or if it's actually just the ring that lights up if you got it from the factory.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

Quick question for you, did the DRL work correctly? In my Base I can have DRL either on or off, but when on its just the headlight is on.
So I'm curious as to if it's same after the swap, or if it's actually just the ring that lights up if you got it from the factory.
I'm not sure. I've never run the DRL's. If I can figure out how to turn them on, I'll let you know.

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

I'm not sure. I've never run the DRL's. If I can figure out how to turn them on, I'll let you know.

It's pretty simple. I found it in Sync 4, I think it was under settings. 1 day I was just browsing around through all the options in there.
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

So I took when I ran out.
It's under Settings/vehicle/lighting

Rank V

Dec 05, 2021

So I took when I ran out.
It's under Settings/vehicle/lighting
I set the DRL's as on, but I think you have to be in gear for them to be on. I read that on a thread in B6G as well. I was ho,e alone all day, so couldn't get anyone to check when I had my manual in gear.

“Going Places Where I’ve Never Been”

Dec 05, 2021

Congrats! I couldn't do without them, it's what I believe that really makes the Bronco stand out and say "check me out"
good choice to switch...(y)(y)
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
Steve5205

Rank VI

Dec 05, 2021

I set the DRL's as on, but I think you have to be in gear for them to be on. I read that on a thread in B6G as well. I was ho,e alone all day, so couldn't get anyone to check when I had my manual in gear.
I haven't heard of that. Should be on when the vehicle is on.
Sounds like they aren't working. Makes me wonder if the halo works at night when your headlights are on.

Rank V

Dec 05, 2021

I figured it out. The daytime running lights do not come on when the parking brake is on. The second I turn the parking brake off, the daytime running lights come on. Because my Bronco has a manual transmission, this is a hard thing to discover on your own. Thankfully my driveway is flat.

When the daytime running lights are on, it is only the halo and the bar that are lit. When the headlights are on, the halo, the bar and the headlights all come on.
Deano Bronc

Gladesmen

Dec 05, 2021

I haven't heard of that. Should be on when the vehicle is on.
Sounds like they aren't working. Makes me wonder if the halo works at night when your headlights are on.
Yeah my 09 suburban the DRLs are only on when in gear. Makes it’s a pain to check if one is out. Chevys always have one DRL that is out.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
EvlNvrDys

Rank 0

Dec 06, 2021

it looks so simple that a not-savy-car-guy like me can do it, why did they quote you so expensive?

Rank V

Dec 06, 2021

it looks so simple that a not-savy-car-guy like me can do it, why did they quote you so expensive?
I went to two places, my dealer and a local car shop I've used over the years. Neither had been inside a Bronco yet. I offered to show them the video, but they weren't interested in watching it.

And believe me, I'm a not-savy-car-guy too. It was almost that simple.