Tired of Ford's... "Lack of Communication"

DRWright
Jun 21, 2021

Rank VI

Jun 21, 2021

Called Ford today to find out where my vehicle is and they said my production was moved to Aug 9th but have not notified me of the changes since my production was supposed to be today the 21st.

The Rep blamed it on Covid... I'm not a happy customer because why give a production date if you don't have the parts. The whole purpose to schedule production is if you have the parts to build.

The real kicker is the Rep told me that my production date actually changed twice once for July then now August. All with no communication to me.

I've been trying to stay positive in this whole process but congrats Ford to trying hard to make unhappy customers....
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
VT802Bronco, SlashRacer

Life is a Highway

Jun 21, 2021

Sorry to here @DRWright. I almost feel bad because at least for me, I placed an October reservation and I really don’t have the same anxiety or level of frustration as you and many others have. That crap just sucks! I was hopeful that issues would start getting better and not worse. Maddening. Hang in there Brother
SlashRacer, Steve777468

Rank V

Jun 21, 2021

No line lasts forever. We all have had to deal with the last year and a half effecting all parts of our lives. Focus on the good things in your life and this process will play out eventually. It could be worse.
MY22 Badlands, Eruption Green, Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux. Res. Date 5/27/21, Ordered 10/15/21, On Ice Mountain…
SirRomey, BC33

Rank VI

Jun 21, 2021

That's kind of a big difference, seven weeks? No communication, huh. That sucks.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Steve777468, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Jun 21, 2021

They should have seen the level of interest coming. I don't know what they could have done to educate their support force but I hear of too many clueless dealerships and salespeople (mine included). Then add a lack of communication from Ford and it's easy to get frustrated. I go thru sad, mad, frustrated and then calm almost every week and in a different order each week. Hang in there! We'll all be wheeling soon!
7/14/20 Res - 2/1/22 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/9 Built - 3/15 at dealer - 3/17 Deliverd
WT, 4DR, MIC, CO, Lux, Leather, Tow
the poacher, Steve777468

Wank ER

Jun 21, 2021

Tired of Ford? I have a July 13/14 reservation date on a 65K FE. I have heard 0, zero, ziltch. Not a word. Nothing. Complaining does nothing. Trying to have compassion for someone who complains about a date move is very tough for me. We are all in the same boat. Things are moving as they can. No one is intentionally manipulating the production dates. They are what they are and you should be happy to at least have one.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
SirRomey, BC33

Rank II

Jun 21, 2021

Called Ford today to find out where my vehicle is and they said my production was moved to Aug 9th but have not notified me of the changes since my production was supposed to be today the 21st.

The Rep blamed it on Covid... I'm not a happy customer because why give a production date if you don't have the parts. The whole purpose to schedule production is if you have the parts to build.

The real kicker is the Rep told me that my production date actually changed twice once for July then now August. All with no communication to me.

I've been trying to stay positive in this whole process but congrats Ford to trying hard to make unhappy customers....
All this for $100 deposit. Just ask for you money back. I’m sure there are folks out there that would leap at the opportunity to wait for an FE this year.
G.O.A.T.
SirRomey, the poacher

Rank II

Jun 21, 2021

Hang in there bud. We're all in the same boat. I know it can be disgusting, but you'll be in that new Bronco soon. You'll then wonder why you did all that worrying. Good luck.
"I think donuts define ones copliness" - Luther "Suitcase" Simpson
Wharthog, the poacher

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Jun 21, 2021

Your story is not unique. We all know that there have been many delays, and many changes to build dates. It is what it is. I am sure that Ford's suppliers are ebbing and flowing with their deliveries to the MAP facility, and that is why dates continue to change. Learn to go with the flow, your Bronco will eventually be built, shipped and end up in your hands.
SirRomey, 14U

Rank V

Jun 21, 2021

No line lasts forever.
Spoken like a man who has never been to the Opelika, AL DMV...
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Lexi555, SlashRacer

Rank II

Jun 21, 2021

All this for $100 deposit. Just ask for you money back. I’m sure there are folks out there that would leap at the opportunity to wait for an FE this year.
Im sure there is a $900 order fee in there as well.
2021(?) Black Diamond 2.3L, 7 speed
3/19/2021 Order
TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 21, 2021

No one is intentionally manipulating the production dates. They are what they are and you should be happy to at least have one.

Agree to disagree on that part. When did the slave become beholden to the master? Ford should be happy to have you as a customer, not the other way around, and they are manipulating production dates every day, trying to make money. It is their nature.

Wank ER

Jun 21, 2021

Agree to disagree on that part. When did the slave become beholden to the master? Ford should be happy to have you as a customer, not the other way around, and they are manipulating production dates every day, trying to make money. It is their nature.
What an unfortunate terminology you chose. Its a flippin' car. Get over it.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
SirRomey, SlashRacer

Rank V

Jun 21, 2021

Hang in there. Or not. Some of us are making out like fat rats, trade in values are through the roof with no end in sight, and the ones who have their price locked in will reap the benefits. If you didn't lock in your price at the time of your order, Caveat Emptor you did not do your due diligence...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
TK1215, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Jun 21, 2021

Im sure there is a $900 order fee in there as well.
Nope, my order did not incur additional deposit or fees. $100 reservation fee was all Ford required of me. Did you pay more?
G.O.A.T.
SirRomey, TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 21, 2021

What an unfortunate terminology you chose. Its a flippin' car. Get over it.

Man is born free and everywhere is in chains. It's a social contract. Get over it.
SirRomey, the poacher

Rank VI

Jun 21, 2021

Extremely frustrating I know but the good news for you is you have a scheduled date and I’ve got nothin’ but paper and platitudes :confused:
SirRomey, 14U

Rank III

Jun 21, 2021

Same thing happened to me so I feel your pain, but at least we have our production dates. I've stated this previously but because of our orders we helped create 2,700 new jobs, so at least some good came from this madness.
Badlands 2DR, Area 51, 2.7L, MIC Top
Reservation date 7/14/20, Build Date 8/2/21(subject to change)
Lexi555, Steve777468

Rank III

Jun 21, 2021

They should have seen the level of interest coming. I don't know what they could have done to educate their support force but I hear of too many clueless dealerships and salespeople (mine included). Then add a lack of communication from Ford and it's easy to get frustrated. I go thru sad, mad, frustrated and then calm almost every week and in a different order each week. Hang in there! We'll all be wheeling soon!
Couldnt agree more. I dont think its the wait that has people so upset its the lack of proper comms and keeping dealerships in the dark. I too have my weekly rollercoaster ride of emotions lol. It'll all be worth it once we are all out on the trails.
Badlands 2DR, Area 51, 2.7L, MIC Top
Reservation date 7/14/20, Build Date 8/2/21(subject to change)
Steve777468, LR48

Rank V

Jun 21, 2021

Here's a glimpse of the other side of the world we now live in: I, like an idiot, bought a new camper early this year. Sure, they delivered, there was a camper on the lot that was pretty darn close to ideal, actually out of our top 3 we picked the one that looked like it had the fewest manufacturer defects. Trust me, some of them were pretty rough for brand new $30k+ asking price. Within 2 days of ownership, I found a leak and took it back. After 2 weeks of waiting, calling every day and escalating to the corporate level, picked it back up "fixed," hit the road on a trip only to find the leak wasn't fixed, the shower wasn't caulked, and about a dozen other problems. I assumed after sinking over $30k the dealer should be kissing my ass to make it right, but they didn't care past the sale. 3 months into ownership and over 6 weeks sitting in the service department waiting work, why couldn't they just make it right to begin with?? This is where I feel Ford is at least making it right before I take delivery. If they sold me an obviously crappy hard top that needed months in the shop, I'd rather them just not sell it to me till it's ready. So while the delays suck, i can honestly say it beats the alternative. I'd rather wait 2 more months for a quality vehicle than get it now only to spend the next 3 months in and out of the shop fixing bullcrap.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Lexi555, the poacher