Should I grab off the lot and trade in when order finally arrives?

Hyzerflip425
Apr 26, 2022

Rank 0

Apr 26, 2022

Still waiting on my build, I've got a good amount of the deadly options (details in sig) and don't see my build happening anytime soon. It's only been 5 months, but nothing has changed order-wise. I have the option of grabbing a 2D basesquatch for not that bad of a mark-up off the lot now, I'm wondering if it's worth picking that up and trading it in when the order I want comes in. Looking for opinions on if it would be worth the hassle or should I just stay put and wait. I feel like if it's going to be a 1+ years (quite possible from what I've read here) it's worth it.
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 4D, MIC, AMB, MID, SAS
Poindexter_d
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2022

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2022

I don't think anyone on this forum can answer that question for you.

If you take a look through the forums and what kind of builds are getting selected for manufacture, commodity constraints seem to becoming less of an issue. The bigger determinant on when you get selected for build is your place in your dealer's queue and the number of allocations they receive. You'll have to ask your dealer for that information. They probably won't tell you their allocation, but if you ask them how many they delivered last month, that will give you a pretty good proxy. If you are 60'th in their queue and they delivered 20 in a month, then you can guess you are probably 3 monthly build cycles away from being selected for build.

If you get the basesquatch off the lot and trade it in/sell it when your Wildtrak comes in, you'll surely have to eat the differential of what you pay for it and what you sell it for. I don't know there is great comparable data on what that will be at this point, but only you can decide if the enjoyment you'll get out of the basequatch for however long it takes your Wildtrak to come in is worth what you'll eat on the basesquatch.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Hpr367, Babytruck

Rank V

Apr 26, 2022

Depending on what colour the one on the lot is compared to the one you ordered.

Rank V

Apr 26, 2022

Still waiting on my build, I've got a good amount of the deadly options (details in sig) and don't see my build happening anytime soon. It's only been 5 months, but nothing has changed order-wise. I have the option of grabbing a 2D basesquatch for not that bad of a mark-up off the lot now, I'm wondering if it's worth picking that up and trading it in when the order I want comes in. Looking for opinions on if it would be worth the hassle or should I just stay put and wait. I feel like if it's going to be a 1+ years (quite possible from what I've read here) it's worth it.
I agree with @tlowell01. And, more than likely, you will not get back any over MSRP you pay now in your trade. So you will have to roll any negative equity into the new Bronco. That's what we are seeing too with current people who bought with a substantial ADM and now want to sell/trade. Grab what you can if you can't wait, but I'd be happy with that for a couple years.:unsure:
Bronco Nation Member #4410
22my | Outer Banks | Carb Grey | 2.7L V6 | MIC | LUX | Tow
Babytruck, Hyzerflip425

Rank 0

Apr 26, 2022

Found out it was BS after talking about it more with a sales person. Dealership advertises like they have all these on their lot, but they're just pre-orders that are already claimed then they try to bait you into ordering one just like it.

They then claimed that Ford is making them do it, not sure how true that is.

hahaha, just going to go back and wait in line then I guess.
the poacher, Babytruck

Standing Grumpy Face

Apr 26, 2022

Found out it was BS after talking about it more with a sales person. Dealership advertises like they have all these on their lot, but they're just pre-orders that are already claimed then they try to bait you into ordering one just like it.

They then claimed that Ford is making them do it, not sure how true that is.

hahaha, just going to go back and wait in line then I guess.

All dealer orders populate to their inventory and show up on their website. So it appears as they are in stock units. They aren't doing anything wrong. Look at any dealer in the nation. If they have inbound orders they will show up as inventory.
Hyzerflip425

Rank 0

Apr 26, 2022

All dealer orders populate to their inventory and show up on their website. So it appears as they are in stock units. They aren't doing anything wrong. Look at any dealer in the nation. If they have inbound orders they will show up as inventory.

Thanks for the clarification. "Anything wrong" is open to interpretation ;)

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Apr 26, 2022

It's hard to resist temptation. A friend ordered a Bronco the quickest way possible: by removing all of the known constraints (read: desirable options) from his order. He got a Bronco relatively quickly. It's not exactly what he wanted, but he already ordered another one that has everything he wants. The problem is he feels restrained from having more fun with his "temporary" Bronco. He's concerned about compromising the resale value. So, consider that before making a decision. Will buying the Bronco you don't necessarily want satisfy one desire, but squash another in the process?
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Hyzerflip425

Rank IV

Apr 27, 2022

If a dealer makes more on "dealer order" Broncos b/c of mark-ups and the same dealer is offering MSRP on reservations that turn into orders... could the dealership never turn my reservation into an order? Could they say... Oops ordered too many for dealership again... forgot about my reservations???? Is it possible?

Rank III

May 17, 2022

I have a Badlands with every available option. I just got my build date & Vin. So there is light at the end if the tunnel. My build week is May 30th early reservation holder 1st day order My21 pushed to My22 because I didn't want to make any sacrifices. Badlands/ Sasquatch/ 2.7 Auto / Leather / Tow / Lux / etc.
Hpr367, Jakob1972

Gladesmen

May 17, 2022

I have a Badlands with every available option. I just got my build date & Vin. So there is light at the end if the tunnel. My build week is May 30th early reservation holder 1st day order My21 pushed to My22 because I didn't want to make any sacrifices. Badlands/ Sasquatch/ 2.7 Auto / Leather / Tow / Lux / etc.
Congratulations glad these things are moving. But did you just get the email today or did you just find it today? Just wondering when to expect an email for the 8-14 build week.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank VI

May 17, 2022

With the used market like it is, buying one off the lot and trading it in when your order arrives might not be a bad move. I bought a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in May 2020, I paid (signed a no-money-down 60 month loan) $45K out the door. The dealer gave me $40K "trade in," I didn't trade it in, they paid off the loan at $34K and gave me $6K check. I'm going to use that $6K to upgrade my Sport Badlands
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Deano Bronc

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

May 17, 2022

My personal opinion is, I would not get one then trade it in later.
My experience just a month ago, I bought a vehicle to satisfy me until my Bronco comes in.
I went to trade it in just to see what I would get for it so I can order something else and I was told after they got my payoff info and looked at it, I would take a $12,000⁰⁰ loss.
Now I may be stuck with this vehicle and not be able to get my Bronco without taking a hudge loss......
Maybe last year it might have worked for you, when Dealerships were begging for used vehicles, but now that is starting to slow down and by the time you get your Bronco, things may be real slow at that time and you will take a big hit....
I would just wait like most everybody is....

Good luck to you on your decision @Hyzerflip425!
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.

Rank III

May 21, 2022

Congratulations glad these things are moving. But did you just get the email today or did you just find it today? Just wondering when to expect an email for the 8-14 build week.
Actually that is a great question. Here was my experience. I reached out to my dealership to check. They looked it up and could see my build was scheduled for week of May 16. I was shocked because I never received an official Ford email. That is until I received my official Ford email last week. So moral of the story is my dealership knew about a month before I received my official Ford email. Official Ford email stated my build week was May 30th instead of May 16
Jakob1972

Rank III

May 21, 2022

Here is email

Attachments

Poindexter_d

Rank III

May 21, 2022

I cut off the top and bottom but this is what my dealership sent me at the top was build date and other personal information. At the bottom the same.

Attachments

Poindexter_d

Rank V

May 24, 2022

I'm a Day One Reservation/Order holder, still haven't heard shit from Ford about when they might decide to get around to building the Bronco I ORDERED and put down a DEPOSIT on - just a simple Base 2 door Squatch.

I got fed up waiting on Ford to pull their head out their ass, took matters into my own hands, searched around, found one that was almost identical to what I ordered (but better), went out and bought it. Did I pay more? Yes. Do I care at this point? No.

When (if) Ford ever gets around to building the one I originally ordered, I'll buy that too - and most likely turn around and sell it for a profit. If it's OK for dealers to do it, so can we.