Should Bronco Go to Easter Jeep Safari?

Should Bronco attend Easter Jeep Safari?

• Yes

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
TBD
Last Name
TBD
If the event happens this year, should Ford take Bronco to the Easter Jeep Safari?
Well, interesting question!

First off, the event is organized by Red Rock 4 Wheelers and they publish the Easter Jeep Safari 2021 magazine which is available online. On page 73 they describe what kinds of vehicles can participate. Bronco and Bronco Sport Badlands/FE vehicles all meet the requirements. Further on in the magazine, they outline what each driver needs, such as a radio, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, etc. I could not see anywhere a Bronco would be specifically excluded.

However, keep in mind this event is used by Fiat Chrysler Corporation to display new models and gather fresh ideas from the members. As outlined on page 6, this is a big deal for Jeep. On page 10 the President of Red Rock 4 Wheelers, Mike Kelso, begins his introduction with the statement, “Welcome Jeepers to our 55th annual safari!”

Has Mike Kelso spoken to Mike Levine and extended an invitation?

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

Has Mike Kelso spoken to Mike Levine and extended an invitation?
Not sure who has spoken to whom. We've just heard the rumors and where wondering what kind of conversation it would spark. It's interesting that Jeep, at least in some circles, is pretty much the Kleenex of wheeling. Obviously, not us Bronco people but to the public at large.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
TBD
Last Name
TBD
Not sure who has spoken to who. We've just heard the rumors and where wondering what kind of conversation it would spark. It's interesting that Jeep, at least in some circles, is pretty much the Kleenex of wheeling. Obviously, not us Bronco people but to the public at large.
I would expect Mike Kelso to derive some financial support from Jeep. It could put him in an awkward position if a bunch of Broncos crashes his party. ;)

AcesandEights

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
If it were collaborative, it might garner some insights into what is important to off roaders, what works and what doesn't, etc. I wouldn't "crash" someone else's party, create bad-blood, but a collaborative handshake and a few Broncos in the (too long) lines of Jeeps might be cool for all parties.

LagoCJ

Rank V

Don't delete

Jul 13, 2020
Lago Vista, TX, USA
First Name
CJ
Last Name
Frost
Member #

I think there is the 'official' side of this question, versus the 'practical' side. The Easter event is a gathering of 4 wheel enthusiasts, who bring tons of different kinds of machines to go out on the red rocks and just have crawlin' fun. This is open to everyone who has the proper equipment. Yes, this is the closest thing to an 'official' Stellantis intro event as a public jamboree or gathering could get.

I say, let's go and play. Show off the Bronc's, have some friendly competition with the Jeep folks, eat some great food, play on the rocks and make Jeep friends. Why not??

If we get some converts? Great!! If we learn some stuff from the Jeep folks, competition improves the product.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
TBD
Last Name
TBD
From reading the magazine, they are looking for sponsors to cover the cost of their dinner events. Ford could sponsor a dinner! Nice.
At the Super Celebration East, Jeep could sponsor a dinner at that event. As consumers we all get free food. Sounds good to me.

Carbnight

Rank III

Super Supporter II

Aug 5, 2020
Oakley, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Alvarez
Member #

If the event happens this year, should Ford take Bronco to the Easter Jeep Safari?
I hear a ton of good ideas and propositions here. If a handshake can be extended on behalf of Ford Nation to Mike Kelso, it paves a better off-road foundation. I like the dinner idea, and when the Nation sponsors their first big event, I hope a hand can be extended to all off-roaders and overlanders.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

When asked if the Ford Bronco brand will participate in the off-road gathering, Jiyan Cadiz, North American Icon Communications Manager said, “with so much excitement from the off-road community just days ago at KoH (King of Hammers), we are looking at several opportunities to safely and authentically connect to more enthusiasts, as well as our new Bronco Sport customers and Bronco reservation holders.”

L8Apex

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jul 6, 2020
Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Mason
It's a lose-lose situation if they go. The people that are traveling to Easter Jeep Safari are firmly entrenched in the Jeep camp. You're not bringing them over.

So you're going to spend a bunch of money promoting the brand new vehicle that will earn next to nothing in sales.

On TOP of that, Jeep always brings ridiculous prototypes and 1 off vehicles. And you know the 392 will be there. So unless your planning on the world's worst debut for the Warthog, it makes no sense.

People on both sides already know there's a rivalry brewing. And the enthusiasts on both sides are probably entrenched in their camp and I hope they can acknowledge the other's strong points. The purpose of events like these is the halo effect. To move the enthusiasts over further, so they'll grab more of the larger customer base. It makes no sense to go and try to sway the hardcore jeeper. Go after the larger base.

AcesandEights

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
I was/am a hardcore Jeep fan. I'd love to see the Bronco at an event. It's not about stealing votes for the best rig, it's about showcasing what both manufacturers bring to the table. I used to be a member of a 4wheel drive club, mostly Toyotas. The Toyotas were amazing and the guys driving them, even more amazing. We talked sh*t everyday though, laughed about it, pulled each other out of ditches and loved every aspect of it. Come at it as a mine is bigger than yours and yeah, it'll digress and become divisive. This is an opportunity to shake hands and come at off roading as a collaborative experience. It'd have to be done right, but could be a great experience for "hardcore" Jeepers.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I look at all of the off road community as a community. This “mine is bigger than yours” mentality is just part and parcel to bigger issues we have. Everyone screams to be included and to be equal. And then they go stand against the wall with their friends at the dance! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: (y)

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

It's a lose-lose situation if they go. The people that are traveling to Easter Jeep Safari are firmly entrenched in the Jeep camp. You're not bringing them over.

So you're going to spend a bunch of money promoting the brand new vehicle that will earn next to nothing in sales.

On TOP of that, Jeep always brings ridiculous prototypes and 1 off vehicles. And you know the 392 will be there. So unless your planning on the world's worst debut for the Warthog, it makes no sense.

People on both sides already know there's a rivalry brewing. And the enthusiasts on both sides are probably entrenched in their camp and I hope they can acknowledge the other's strong points. The purpose of events like these is the halo effect. To move the enthusiasts over further, so they'll grab more of the larger customer base. It makes no sense to go and try to sway the hardcore jeeper. Go after the larger base.
Ford needs to bring a Bronco with a 7.3 there.

Reactions: KennyMac

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
TBD
Last Name
TBD
When @David asked the question of whether Ford, the Corporation, should participate in the 2021 Easter Jeep Safari, it prompted within me a more important question.

How will I, as a Bronco owner, integrate within the off-road enthusiast community? My community has an established network of trails and many Jeep, Land Rover, and Toyota owners. Maybe my approach will consist of three components.
  • Understanding: My Jeep buddies love off-road adventures, and they have thousands of dollars invested in their vehicles. Sure, they cuss about certain quirks, but in many ways, those Jeeps bring them joy.
  • Participation: Many off-road enthusiasts love their sport and want to share their wisdom. They like when members come prepared to help and be helped.
  • Support: In my area, we have wooded trails which need spring clean-up. I suspect my chain saw would be a welcome sight for ongoing trail maintenance.
I hope many Bronco owners will participate in the 2022 Easter Jeep Safari as off-road enthusiasts and perhaps become active in supporting trail maintenance and all the other aspects which make us valued members of the community.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

When @David asked the question of whether Ford, the Corporation, should participate in the 2021 Easter Jeep Safari, it prompted within me a more important question.

How will I, as a Bronco owner, integrate within the off-road enthusiast community? My community has an established network of trails and many Jeep, Land Rover, and Toyota owners. Maybe my approach will consist of three components.
  • Understanding: My Jeep buddies love off-road adventures, and they have thousands of dollars invested in their vehicles. Sure, they cuss about certain quirks, but in many ways, those Jeeps bring them joy.
  • Participation: Many off-road enthusiasts love their sport and want to share their wisdom. They like when members come prepared to help and be helped.
  • Support: In my area, we have wooded trails which need spring clean-up. I suspect my chain saw would be a welcome sight for ongoing trail maintenance.
I hope many Bronco owners will participate in the 2022 Easter Jeep Safari as off-road enthusiasts and perhaps become active in supporting trail maintenance and all the other aspects which make us valued members of the community.
What are you using for a chain saw? I've been torturing a Makita 16" and its comparable to a Husky in the same size range. Unless you are cutting 16" cherry logs the batts last quite a while. The kicker is charging the batts in the woods. :unsure:

Reactions: BuzzyBud

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
TBD
Last Name
TBD
What are you using for a chain saw? I've been torturing a Makita 16" and its comparable to a Husky in the same size range. Unless you are cutting 16" cherry logs the batts last quite a while. The kicker is charging the batts in the woods. :unsure:
Using the same Makita 16", got 4 batteries. Problem solved!

Reactions: Bronco5.0