Self installed Aero Sport II hood protector, air deflectors and Ford privacy curtain

Johnperrion
Apr 08, 2021

Rank IV

Apr 08, 2021

Where me and Penny spent our morning :)

IMG_2871[1].JPG IMG_2923[1].JPG

I used my 42,000 Ford Reward points and spent $98 to get the three items listed above.

Install was pretty straight forward. I did the hood before the windows, and I think that doing it the other way would be better. I would suggest you get some "practice" with the procedure on the rear passenger window to start. It really is just a matter of lining up the edges, trusting your eyes and committing. It also helps a ton to bend a corner into the tape. I did not do that on the hood, quickly learned my lesson and did it for the windows. Day and night difference.
There are two pads, an alcohol pad, and then an adhesive pad that it recommends using gloves for.
The adhesive pads were a disaster for me. lol I had three pads and a total self fail on the first two attempts, but my third and final go was good. So now I will monitor how well the pieces hold and see how much of a diff that adhesive pad really makes lol.
The gloves I had on made it so hard to grab onto the cloth that by the time I finally grabbed it and opened it, most of the adhesive, which is primarily in a liquid state, had evaporated. Then on the hood I decided to lay out the cloth and wipe. Terrible idea. I slapped that bad boy on there and the adhesive glue kinda splatted in that one spot and then when I went to rub along the edge line of the front of my hood... the cloth was dry by the quarter pole. Smooooth John
Hood install wasn't too bad, just a matter or laying it on there then lining it up. Please bend the tape like I did on the windows so you don't end up picking out the tape like I had to do. Once you have a grip on the tape its just a matter of pulling it off, while pushing down on the piece to adhere it.
Attempt number two at the adhesive pad? I'm gonna go with more embarrassing... I have moved on to the air deflectors and because I learned my lesson I make sure my gloves are snug to my fingers so I will get good grip, I cut open the pack, grab the cloth out quickly, I fumble a bit with getting it unfolded cause my gloves are too damn big but get it unfolded relatively wet. I begin to wipe the adhesive on the frame outlining the top of both my front and back driver door. I get all the way to the end and the cloth is still wet and so I have enough for a pass back and I feel pretty good, so I go to grab my pieces and I line the first one up over the frame above the driver side door and I'm about to pull off the red tape and adhere it to the frame above my driver door when all of a sudden Penny(that's my dog), she says to me "Hey if you attach that right there, how ya gonna open the door?"
I stop. I stare... (do you know what I did wrong??)
You attach the deflectors to THE DOOR! Not the frame above it! I was about to have a real bad time ha ha ha. But my lucky Penny saved the day and was thusly rewarded with all the belly rubs and treats.
So once I figure out that I should be attaching to the door I simply open the door and use my eyeballs to line it right on up. Passenger side install went great. People with OCD/perfectionists may notice my hood didn't line up perfectly. I just consider that character.
Privacy screen was super simple to set up. Just open tailgate to what ever height you can drape it around it, attach to roof rails, stake to ground and you are good. I'd say you got 85-95% privacy. If you are neurotic and really squeeze out every angle... maybe could get it to 98% the problem lies with the clip to the wheel well.

IMG_E3008[1].JPG
Follow our adventures on Instagram!

Thread starterSimilar threads
Follow our continuing adventures on Instagram at Buck_N_Penny !
Fire8w1, RCH313
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 08, 2021

Rank IV

Apr 09, 2021

Looks like Rhino Rack says this set up will fit.... Kinda wish I would have seen it first.

https://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/pro...ortex-stealthbar-black-2-bar-roof-rack_ja7969
Follow our continuing adventures on Instagram at Buck_N_Penny !
Fire8w1