Seat Belt mechanism stuck?

SureOK
May 23, 2022

Rank III

May 23, 2022

Has anybody had this happen? We were doing normal weekend driving and parked it. When my Wife was getting out of the front passenger seat the clicking 'lock' engaged on the seatbelt mechanism. I thought it was odd, since she was taking the belt OFF instead of putting it ON, and so it shouldn't have engaged the lock...but it clicked as it wound in, but we were getting out so we didn't think about it too much. Got in later and it won't release, it's stuck all the way retracted...

I've tried pulling/pushing a number of different ways and it just won't unlock. Calling the dealer later today.
Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2022

Rank V

May 23, 2022

Has anybody had this happen? We were doing normal weekend driving and parked it. When my Wife was getting out of the front passenger seat the clicking 'lock' engaged on the seatbelt mechanism. I thought it was odd, since she was taking the belt OFF instead of putting it ON, and so it shouldn't have engaged the lock...but it clicked as it wound in, but we were getting out so we didn't think about it too much. Got in later and it won't release, it's stuck all the way retracted...

I've tried pulling/pushing a number of different ways and it just won't unlock. Calling the dealer later today.

Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's locking/unlocking concerns on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Rank III

Jun 01, 2022

To put a bow on this -

Went to the dealership and got a loaner, FedEx has somehow managed to not deliver the part despite having it 'on the truck' twice, but the dealer is completing mine using a belt out of a unit they have for sale and will take the wait on the new belt themselves, which I appreciate. I'll be getting the Bronco back today.
NT AUTOMOTIVE

Wassupwitdat!??

Jun 20, 2022

Having seatbelt trouble here too

I'm having the same problem with my 2021 Big Bend.
My wife has experienced difficulty getting the seatbelt lock to work properly a couple of times - most recently yesterday.
She gets in, tries to push the tab into the seatbelt lock and it won't go in.
(At first we though a coin may have fallen into it...but that's not the case)

It appears that the locking clip is already engaged inside (hmmm) and pressing the release over & over doesn't seem to do anything either.
My wife finally got it to work by repeatedly pressing the release and pushing the tab into the lock at the same time.

Taking it back to the dealership tomorrow.
:cautious:Yeeesh!
'21 / BB / 4 Dr / 2.3 / Softie / Antimatter Blue