Sasquatch or no with BL?

MDHODGES77
Feb 10, 2021

Rank IV

Feb 10, 2021

I am able to place order now and really desire the manual trans. To wait for Sasquatch and manual means '22 model and inability to place order until order banks open for next year. I, however built the BL with the mud terrain and 17" black gloss wheels and honestly might think that look is better than sas. To be honest, does anybody really need the 35's and beadlock capable wheels? Thanks for the input.
Bronco Gal, Speed Devil
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2021

No Ragerts

Feb 10, 2021

I am able to place order now and really desire the manual trans. To wait for Sasquatch and manual means '22 model and inability to place order until order banks open for next year. I, however built the BL with the mud terrain and 17" black gloss wheels and honestly might think that look is better than sas. To be honest, does anybody really need the 35's and beadlock capable wheels? Thanks for the input.
Larger wheels & tires are readily available in the aftermarket - don’t let that be your gating factor.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Rgwinn, Bronco Gal

Rank IV

Feb 10, 2021

Yeah I went back and took SAS off my build after seeing 33" side by side. Only bad thing for me is Auto Transmission bumps me into the 4.46 rear axel. MT you get the 4.7
Jakob1972, Hobgoblin

Rank IV

Feb 10, 2021

Larger wheels & tires are readily available in the aftermarket - don’t let that be your gating factor.
Good call!
Speed Devil, Smoothmove

No Ragerts

Feb 10, 2021

Yeah I went back and took SAS off my build after seeing 33" side by side. Only bad thing for me is Auto Transmission bumps me into the 4.46 rear axel. MT you get the 4.7
That’s a negligible difference that you won’t even notice. Don’t let that be your gating factor either.

The Dr is in - $0.05 per session. LOL
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
ATC Enthusiast, KennyMac

Rank IV

Feb 10, 2021

That’s a negligible difference that you won’t even notice. Don’t let that be your gating factor either.

The Dr is in - $0.05 per session. LOL
I got over it lol...I thought about down grading to the 2.3L MT but I am fond of AT.
Jakob1972, Bschurr

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

I happen to love the look of the Badlands specific bead lock wheels with the Goodyear MT 33s. Especially on a 2-door! When in doubt, I come back to this pic.

CbC 1.jpg
richtor, TK1215

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

I am now leaning toward going with the upgraded BL wheels. When you add the Goodyear’s MTs it brings the price closer to the SAS pricing.

The stance seems to look slightly better with the MTs. I looked them up and compared to the BFG KO2s and they are just about .4 inches different. The MTs are about 33.1” and the KO2s slightly under 33”.

Trying to balance out things, I think I will go with the upgraded wheels and when it is time for new tires I will go with something a bit larger. Keeps costs out of the gate in check and allows for future customization.
KennyMac, VLADS4X

Rank IV

Feb 10, 2021

I happen to love the look of the Badlands specific bead lock wheels with the Goodyear MT 33s. Especially on a 2-door! When in doubt, I come back to this pic.

View attachment 8861
Awesome! Thank you for the pic. That helps confirm my decision!
Jakob1972, Bschurr

No Ragerts

Feb 10, 2021

View attachment 8861
What color is that 2 door beauty?
Jakob1972, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

What color is that 2 door beauty?
That is Carbonized Gray! My all time favorite.

75F83E06-0AC4-45D3-8EF2-65458DB5A128.jpeg
TK1215, Sdakotabronco

No Ragerts

Feb 10, 2021

View attachment 8865
Yes!!!! That’s what I ordered as well @BuzzyBud

I plan to add some vinyl graphics color matched to the BL logo yellow.
Sdakotabronco, Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

I am now leaning toward going with the upgraded BL wheels. When you add the Goodyear’s MTs it brings the price closer to the SAS pricing.

The stance seems to look slightly better with the MTs. I looked them up and compared to the BFG KO2s and they are just about .4 inches different. The MTs are about 33.1” and the KO2s slightly under 33”.

Trying to balance out things, I think I will go with the upgraded wheels and when it is time for new tires I will go with something a bit larger. Keeps costs out of the gate in check and allows for future customization.
That is exactly my plan! I'm going with the upgraded BL wheels with the stock A/T tires. I prefer the look of the upgraded wheels and then I can change out tires if I need/want to when the time comes.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Bronc96, Hobgoblin

Rank IV

Feb 10, 2021

View attachment 8865
Awesome! Looks great! I’m a stickler for the shadow black. Could not go wrong with the carbonized grey though!
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Feb 10, 2021

That is exactly my plan! I'm going with the upgraded BL wheels with the stock A/T tires. I prefer the look of the upgraded wheels and then I can change out tires if I need/want to when the time comes.
Awesome!!

Rank III

Feb 10, 2021

I view the SAS on a BL as a bit of a waste. You don't get much besides different suspension, tires and rims. The suspension change in height is minimal. If you only want the rims and tires, $2500 can go a very long way for you and it will be one of a kind. This would also allow you to sell your stock rims and possibly tires for a savings or have different set to use.
Gutter Clown, Bronc96

Gladesmen

Feb 10, 2021

I view the SAS on a BL as a bit of a waste. You don't get much besides different suspension, tires and rims. The suspension change in height is minimal. If you only want the rims and tires, $2500 can go a very long way for you and it will be one of a kind. This would also allow you to sell your stock rims and possibly tires for a savings or have different set to use.
Yep my plan exactly. Going with a no-squatch BL and going to add some fuel wheels and general tires probably in the 20”range and 33” or 35” tires.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Bschurr, Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

I’m a stickler for the shadow black.

I love Shadow Black. That is the color of my F150 which will continue to be my daily driver. I guess the Bronco could have been Shadow Black as well, but Carb Gray became my Bronco specific favorite. I guess it is nice to have both colors!

F150.jpg
TyFitzO, TK1215

Rank IV

Feb 11, 2021

I love Shadow Black. That is the color of my F150 which will continue to be my daily driver. I guess the Bronco could have been Shadow Black as well, but Carb Gray became my Bronco specific favorite. I guess it is nice to have both colors!

View attachment 8870
Looks terrific!!
BuzzyBud

Road trip!!!

Feb 16, 2021

I’m pretty sure you can select the 4.7 as an option if you choose the automatic. When you scroll down the axles, select 4.7 instead of the 4.46.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.