Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

I've only read statements from Ford that Squatch will be available with a manual and 2.3L for MY22 . I think a lot of people mis-interpreted that as they could get the 2.7 and just ran with it ,LOL .
I think the safety factor for the Getrag Ford is only comfortable putting the 2.3l in front of it. Just a tad too much torque in the 2.7

Mandogus

Rank II

Supporter I

Jun 14, 2021
Massachusetts
First Name
William
Last Name
Drzyzga
After going to the offroadeo New Hampshire and driving a non sas badlands, I say do what you want but the non Sas had zero issues on any of the trails. Now if you plan on doing really aggressive trails like at moab then I'd say yes.

2 Door Jim

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Aug 26, 2021
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Siegrist
Trying to make a choice and stick with it. I currently have a badlands with a Squatch pkg, and the Lux pkg, with the 2.3L.
Debating on keeping the squatch or not…I can clear 35”s taking off the crash bars…
To sass or not to sass? What’s everyone else doing??
I picked a Base with Sasquatch for the front and rear lockers. Badlands has that but its the 2.3 stick and stay bar disconnect. My 2 door build put me at $39,700 with the 2.7. Leaves me room to ad mods. Maybe even a 30" tv to bolt to the dash. Do I need it? Ill probably just look out the windshield for free.

Reactions: KennyMac

BitterBronco

Rank IV

Advocate III

May 22, 2021
Chester, CT
First Name
David
Last Name
Bitter
Member #

I think almost everyone agrees that the SAS package looks amazing compared to the non-SAS. However, if this is your daily driver then I would be double thinking it. You're going to spend a lot more on gas, tires are going to be more expensive, and there's going to be road noise.

If you're weighing options on a Daily Driver then I think dropping the SAS and picking up the 2.7 is your move (price not-withstanding because I didn't look it up and don't have it memorized).

For me, I'm new to off-roading (am planning to learn) and this will not be my daily driver so I took the SAS, the 2.7L, and the mid package. I figured that a bluetooth connection is the only thing you need to blast Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" as I'm rock crawling over the 6" curbs at Costco! lol (that's a joke, for those of you who are going to take this too seriously!)

BC33

Rank II

Advocate III

Jun 3, 2021
RI
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Cleary
I think almost everyone agrees that the SAS package looks amazing compared to the non-SAS. However, if this is your daily driver then I would be double thinking it. You're going to spend a lot more on gas, tires are going to be more expensive, and there's going to be road noise.

If you're weighing options on a Daily Driver then I think dropping the SAS and picking up the 2.7 is your move (price not-withstanding because I didn't look it up and don't have it memorized).

For me, I'm new to off-roading (am planning to learn) and this will not be my daily driver so I took the SAS, the 2.7L, and the mid package. I figured that a bluetooth connection is the only thing you need to blast Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" as I'm rock crawling over the 6" curbs at Costco! lol (that's a joke, for those of you who are going to take this too seriously!)
I got the 2.3 with the Sas. I’m getting 20 mpg on the highway and about 18.5 around town. I can say the ride is smooth and no road noise from the tires. Actually so little noise I can here other cars driving next to me over my Bronco on the highway. I’m sure the non Sas is more than fine but I love my BB Sasquatch!! Btw, a ton of power in the 2.3. Way more than I expected and more than enough for this Bronco on or off the road.

byronpete21

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 10, 2021
Gillette, WY
First Name
Byron
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

I was going to go non-squatch since I wanted the 7 speed manual. Now that my build has been pushed to 2022 when the Sasquatch package will be available with the manual transmission, I am going for it. Have to say there is just something about the look of the 2 door with those bigger tires that is something special.

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

A manual Badlands has an axle ratio of 4.7:1. What do you think the axle ratio will be for a Mansquatch badlands?

Reactions: Jakob1972

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
From what I see on the MY22 B&P, it's time to revive this subject. It is most closely debatable on Badlands, which is what I've ordered, so I'll use a 2022 BL for my argument. Squatch pkg went from $2495 to $4090. On a BL, you already have a front locker, and according to the B&P, you can get the 4.7 gears on a non squatch as a no cost option. So they want $4k to remove crash bars, add a coil over spacer and different bump stop, and install a slightly larger set of tires? What am I missing?

cscottp67

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Apr 5, 2021
Richmond, TX, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Prentis
Member #

Trying to make a choice and stick with it. I currently have a badlands with a Squatch pkg, and the Lux pkg, with the 2.3L.
Debating on keeping the squatch or not…I can clear 35”s taking off the crash bars…
To sass or not to sass? What’s everyone else doing??
I drove the 2.3L squatch and the and the 2.7 non squatch Badlands at the Texas off-rodeo. The only thing I really noticed was the 2.7 had more power other than that they both seemed to handle the trails very well. When I got back I dropped the squatch pkg. Don’t know if that will help!

Rydfree

Rank VI

Promoter II

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

From what I see on the MY22 B&P, it's time to revive this subject. It is most closely debatable on Badlands, which is what I've ordered, so I'll use a 2022 BL for my argument. Squatch pkg went from $2495 to $4090. On a BL, you already have a front locker, and according to the B&P, you can get the 4.7 gears on a non squatch as a no cost option. So they want $4k to remove crash bars, add a coil over spacer and different bump stop, and install a slightly larger set of tires? What am I missing?
I think the Auto trans is automatically included in that 4k price when you select Sasquatch before selecting your engine/Transmission choice .. Add the Auto 1st then select Sas and it is the $2495 price .

Reactions: Deano Bronc

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
I think the Auto trans is automatically included in that 4k price when you select Sasquatch before selecting your engine/Transmission choice .. Add the Auto 1st then select Sas and it is the $2495 price .
I think you figured it out. I click to add a $4,090 option and the net price change is $2,495.
16341790327195553334631746394012.jpg

Reactions: Deano Bronc