Safety Data- Crash Tests

Bandit Bronco
Jul 25, 2020

Bandit_2021_bronco

Jul 25, 2020

I'm curious how safe these new Broncos will be. Looking forward to seeing some data from crash testing once complete.
2 Door Black Diamond / Shadow Black / BN #337 - 7/13/20 reservation - 7/13/21 blend date
Delivered 10/19/2021
Instagram
bek
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2020

Rank V

Jul 25, 2020

I am gonna say, better than wranglers but I expect very high coming from ford
Bandit Bronco

Rank V

Jul 25, 2020

Wranglers were/are not good in terms of side impact protection (insert snarky comment about doors off here), so hopefully Bronco addresses these issues. Also interesting about Bronco having no roll bar coverage over the middle of the roof on 4 door. I’m interested in it’s roll over physics myself. Without mid-bracing it seems like it would fold at the corners, but those engineers are WAY smarter than I am. Hopefully we will see some test reviews soon on this subject.
Bandit Bronco

Rank V

Jul 26, 2020

I am sure they will be safe enough. I am sure the four point roll bar will be safe but it is a sport bar. And in time I will probably fabricate one like i did for my 89. As for the doors well yeah getting T-boned with the doors off will suck but like everything else it is a risk that you take willingly when you take the doors off.

Rank VI

Jul 26, 2020

The doors are Aluminum.
However, the uprights and top roll bar are high strength Boron steel.

Just as safe, likely, as full side steel doors.
Bandit Bronco

Rank VI

Jul 29, 2020

At one point everyone was talking about the possibility of repackable airbags. Did that feature make it in? And will we be able to disable some of the airbag triggers off-road? Nothing more unsafe then an airbag going off in your face off-road!
I wasn't there...
Commodore