Safe Deposit box option

Alimony
Oct 17, 2021

Rank I

Oct 17, 2021

Does anyone know if you lose anything by adding the safe in the center console? I was thinking this might be a nice option to have when the top and doors are off.
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2021

Rank VI

Oct 17, 2021

I’ve seen it installed and it seems to greatly reduce the capacity of the console. Other than that, I don’t think you lose anything.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top

Rank VI

Oct 17, 2021

All "safes" will be smaller because they, and their attachment hardware, will sit in the console space. To know how reduced though is anyone's guess until we start seeing them installed. The Tuffy, in some vehicles, is a secured lid, so although somewhat minimal still steals quite a bit of useable space.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank I

Oct 18, 2021

Thanks for the input. Perhaps it’s best to wait and possibly add it later if needed.

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

1634564361179.png
Ability is Nothing without Honor

Rank VI

Oct 18, 2021

I like the one in the back. I have a Glock 19 and Glock 23. I am afraid that the Glock 19 will be a tight fit in the console.
RCH313

Rank V

Oct 19, 2021

Does anyone know if you lose anything by adding the safe in the center console? I was thinking this might be a nice option to have when the top and doors are off.
If your key fob battery dies, there's a backup spot to set it in the bottom of the center console where it will still read so you can get home. Doubtful that will work with a layer of steel in between.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow

Rank IV

Oct 19, 2021

I've added the center console safe. You really don't lose any of the interior space (depth/width) with the safe installed. You do lose a bit of space for the opening though.......

Attachments

Black Diamond, 4 Dr, Carbonized Grey, 2.7L, Hard Top, tow pkg
Deano Bronc, KennyMac

Rank I

Oct 19, 2021

If your key fob battery dies, there's a backup spot to set it in the bottom of the center console where it will still read so you can get home. Doubtful that will work with a layer of steel in between.
Good point.

Rank V

Oct 19, 2021

Good point.
But on this thought, @Bonedry , is it a full steel box with a bottom? Or is the safe just the locking lid with enough substance to reinforce it, with the factory floor of the console still accessible?
SuperMike

Rank V

Oct 19, 2021

I like the one in the back. I have a Glock 19 and Glock 23. I am afraid that the Glock 19 will be a tight fit in the console.
I like the cargo area one as well, but didn’t add it as I will be adding a box back there so it will be inaccessible….. I also thought it might make a nice time capsule as well…..
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES

Rank IV

Oct 19, 2021

But on this thought, @Bonedry , is it a full steel box with a bottom? Or is the safe just the locking lid with enough substance to reinforce it, with the factory floor of the console still accessible?
great question - I just took a closer look and it's not a full "box". The top/lid is heavily reinforced and then it has partial metal sides and a partial metal bottom. So you can still access the 12V that's in the center console and there is a cut out on the bottom (assuming that's where the key would be recognized)
Black Diamond, 4 Dr, Carbonized Grey, 2.7L, Hard Top, tow pkg
KennyMac

Rank V

Oct 19, 2021

great question - I just took a closer look and it's not a full "box". The top/lid is heavily reinforced and then it has partial metal sides and a partial metal bottom. So you can still access the 12V that's in the center console and there is a cut out on the bottom (assuming that's where the key would be recognized)
Thanks!