Rust protection; what is best?

CYOBDiamond2DR
Nov 21, 2021

Rank I

Nov 21, 2021

For those in the rust belt, I am in Wisconsin where rust is a major issue, how are you opting to protect your Bronco from rust? The only solution I trust right now is to not drive it during the winter. However, I really look forward to driving it in the snow so would like to hear what people are doing. I have a 2008 Expedition and the rockers are shot from rust and has not gotten to the inner fenders and starts on the doors. Definitely can't have that as I do plan to keep it for the rest of my life to pass to my kids. It is a third vehicle so it is possible to not drive during winter.

Just curious on what luck people have had with the oil coatings, Ziebart undercoating, etc....
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2021

Rank V

Nov 21, 2021

Regular washing will do the most good but bear in mind most car washes recycle water so you still get salt, your hose at home will be best. Also the majority of broncos body is aluminum like the f series trucks. Aluminum won't rust but it can corrode. As there are more aluminum vehicles now Ziebart may have something for them.

Rank V

Nov 21, 2021

Ziebart works. Old man had his 72 Buick Electra 225 Ziebarted. Car is still around town and the body is perfect. Made the car a lot quitter too
Past - 87 Suz Sam; 76 ChevBlaz14 Rubi 2 Dr -35's First Auto 4wd. Ox Wht 2dr Base SAS, bumper, Flr-lin, 2.7 aux switches.

Rank IV

Nov 22, 2021

Fluidfilm the entire thing!
twsboard, Bschurr

Rank V

Nov 25, 2021

In addition, the Bronco is built to be disassembled fairly easily which means you could fairly easily clean everywhere, as well as make it easier to apply any type of undercoating.
Project Farm did a test of undercoatings last year which can help with anyone thinking about doing it yourself.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
twsboard, Mandogus

Rank IV

Nov 29, 2021

I use Amsoil on every ride. Spray it in every opening. https://www.amsoil.com/p/heavy-duty-metal-protector-amhsc/