Revealed: The 2023 Ford Bronco and Sport Heritage Editions and Heritage Limited Editions

Laura
Aug 11, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Aug 11, 2022

Bronco Heritage Limited Edition_Bronco Heritage Edition_Bronco Sport Heritage_Bronco Sport Her...jpg

Today, on Bronco Day, Ford introduced the Heritage Edition and Heritage Limited Edition Bronco and Sport: two appearance packages built on the Big Bend and Badlands trims with design cues from the 1960s.

What is Bronco Day? Bronco historian Todd Zuercher shares the story of August 11.

Vehicles that Combine the Best of Both Worlds
These special-edition models pay homage to the 1st Generation of Broncos while harnessing the power, technology, and comfort of the 6th Gens.

2023 Bronco Heritage Limited Edition_Yellowstone_Metallic_02.jpg2023 Bronco Heritage Edition_Race Red_03.jpg2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited Edition_Yellowstone_Metallic_02.jpg2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition_Robin's Egg Blue_02.jpg

All four variations --
Bronco Heritage Edition​
Bronco Heritage Limited Edition​
Bronco Sport Heritage Edition​
Bronco Sport Heritage Limited Edition​
-- feature Oxford White gloss roofs, Race Red FORD lettering in the grilles, throwback wheels, and Bronco in script on the front fenders. White bodyside stripes are another callout to the original era of Bronco.

Let’s break down what each of these models look like and what comes on them, the cost, and how to get one –– and when you might be able to.

READ THE ARTICLE
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
TEEDEE, JTwitch
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Aug 11, 2022

2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
JTwitch, Steve777468

Rank VI

Aug 11, 2022

Ahh, I see. So I’m getting screwed out of my color, because it’s too close to one of the heritage colors. Cool cool.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
Jakob1972, glamosaurus

Grumpy Young Man

Aug 11, 2022

View attachment 41851

Today, on Bronco Day, Ford introduced the Heritage Edition and Heritage Limited Edition Bronco and Sport: two appearance packages built on the Big Bend and Badlands trims with design cues from the 1960s.

What is Bronco Day? Bronco historian Todd Zuercher shares the story of August 11.

Vehicles that Combine the Best of Both Worlds
These special-edition models pay homage to the 1st Generation of Broncos while harnessing the power, technology, and comfort of the 6th Gens.

All four variations --
Bronco Heritage Edition​
Bronco Heritage Limited Edition​
Bronco Sport Heritage Edition​
Bronco Sport Heritage Limited Edition​
-- feature Oxford White gloss roofs, Race Red FORD lettering in the grilles, throwback wheels, and Bronco in script on the front fenders. White bodyside stripes are another callout to the original era of Bronco.

Let’s break down what each of these models look like and what comes on them, the cost, and how to get one –– and when you might be able to.

READ THE ARTICLE
I think I’m the only one that finds these hideous. But! Ford saying they aren’t taking new customer orders until next year makes me happy.
JTwitch, 73chesney
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Aug 11, 2022

I think I’m the only one that finds these hideous. But! Ford saying they aren’t taking new customer orders until next year makes me happy.
I prefer Gen 1 elements to stay on Gen 1s, but there are bits and pieces I find ok. I think we'll see people doing the bodyside stripes even more now.
NurseDan, Ditchrunner

Grumpy Young Man

Aug 11, 2022

I prefer Gen 1 elements to stay on Gen 1s, but there are bits and pieces I find ok. I think we'll see people doing the bodyside stripes even more now.
I agree. Not on mine though hehe
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Aug 11, 2022

I definitely like the wheels on both, and squared fenders look good in my opinion.
Steve777468, Rhiostatic

Road trip!!!

Aug 11, 2022

I could do without the Race Red interior trim parts. It kind of ruins it for me.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Burrito Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2022

Ah, well now I know what the mysterious NDA was for.
I think I’m the only one that finds these hideous.
I don’t like it either. They could have gone two ways with this… one was chrome elements on the wheels/grille and the other was painted. After seeing the leak of the two heritage models, I had expected them to do painted for the “mass produced” model but thought we could have seen chrome on the limited model.

But… no chrome, bummer. The did a real good job on the interior styling overall (though I agree with @SlashRacer about the interior red trim), but the exterior does nothing for me.

Kind of a let down, though after seeing the F-150 heritage stuff (don’t like that either), I didn’t really expect anything different.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
NurseDan, Mal

Rank VI

Aug 11, 2022

I will say that Ford should have taken the time and at least did body painted fender flares, handles, and mirrors to make it look like it clashes less. I think all the black parts and then white thrown in there doesn't seem to blend well IMHO.
Now if they did paint the plastic parts body colored and threw in a chrome bumper it would have looked amazing. I do like the grill and interior though (y)

Screenshot_20220811-060549~2.pngScreenshot_20220811-061033.png
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
Gold Dust, SuperMike

Standing Grumpy Face

Aug 11, 2022

Not like the masses will be able to get one. Especially the limited edition. Can't wait to see the ADMs on those.
Gold Dust, SlashRacer

Adventure Day

Aug 11, 2022

I want the white dashboard so bad. I remember seeing it during the Bronco unveiling and then again in the Pope Bronco. I would pay stupid money for it if Ford released it as a performance part upgrade.
iambluto, SlashRacer

Standing Grumpy Face

Aug 11, 2022

So a regular Heritage is based on a Big Bend Sasquatch. So that would make the Heritage a $4000 price increase over a BB Sas. I was actually considering switching my BB Sas order to a Heritage until I did the math.

Standing Grumpy Face

Aug 11, 2022

TFL walk around

SquatchOrBust, SIDJake

Burrito Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2022

So a regular Heritage is based on a Big Bend Sasquatch. So that would make the Heritage a $4000 price increase over a BB Sas. I was actually considering switching my BB Sas order to a Heritage until I did the math.
Or it could be a hint at the type of price increases we’re looking at for 2023. :confused: Appearance packages—which this basically is— typically cost $1000 - $3000 (ish). Assuming this “appearance package” is closer to the $3000, that could hint at a ~$1000 price increase for 2023. Which seems very plausible.

Although in case someone on the Bronco team reads this… I would like to thank Ford for making special edition vehicles that are priced within reach for most of us. They could have easily done some crazy $75,000+ vehicle and it probably would have sold just fine. But instead they based it on a lower-end trim to make it more reachable for the masses.

They did the same thing with Everglades and I definitely appreciate it.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Standing Grumpy Face

Aug 11, 2022

Or it could be a hint at the type of price increases we’re looking at for 2023. :confused: Appearance packages—which this basically is— typically cost $1000 - $3000 (ish). Assuming this “appearance package” is closer to the $3000, that could hint at a ~$1000 price increase for 2023. Which seems very plausible.

Although in case someone on the Bronco team reads this… I would like to thank Ford for making special edition vehicles that are priced within reach for most of us. They could have easily done some crazy $75,000+ vehicle and it probably would have sold just fine. But instead they based it on a lower-end trim to make it more reachable for the masses.

They did the same thing with Everglades and I definitely appreciate it.

I'm going to have to see how it all weighs out. I may also lose price protection. That is unknown because we don't know what they are doing for 2023 pp yet.

Rank VI

Aug 11, 2022

I definitely like the wheels on both, and squared fenders look good in my opinion.

Full agree on both points - they did another great job with these wheels. Second in line for me against the Everglades wheels, which look fantastic. The squared off fenders are where it is at, too.

As for the full package...I'm not sure how I really feel about these Heritage editions. Just not my cup of tea, I suppose. Some elements are nice but the package as a whole just doesn't feel right.
22 Badlands | Eruption Green | 4Dr | 2.7L | Sasquatch | Lux | Tow | MGV | MIC | Mod Bumper
Ordered
: 11/27/21 | Production: 10/25/22 | Blend: 10/26/22 | Built: 10/26/22 | Shipped: 11/08/22 | Delivered: 11/09/22
Progress pics and full build details can be found in my profile posts.

Rank VI

Aug 11, 2022

I'm surprised no one has said anything about the pretty lights (unless I missed it). Personally I like the pretty lights, but if it's heritage why didn't they use the standard headlights without the signature lasso?

Since we are picking on things here....Not a fan of the rear fender flare, looks weird at the bumper. FORD should be black (against the white), not Race Red, and we all know I LOVE Race Red!

And lastly I got to ask.... and no offense to the B Sport fans.... but what the hell is a Heritage Bronco Sport? A Bronco II?? Which it doesn't even look like or nod to. I mean come on Ford, stop trying to think of ways just to jack up the prices of everything!
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
14U, Deano Bronc

Standing Grumpy Face

Aug 11, 2022

@RagnarKon And what I meant not being available to the masses is apparently these will only be available to current reservation holders.
RagnarKon

Rank IV

Aug 11, 2022

I'm on the fence about these.

There are things I like and things I don't care for. I guess we'll see once the order banks actually open up.

I'm more curious about the mysterious 'Oates' 2Dr, actually.
Mal