Reserved Bronco Sports Are Off Limits to Other Customers?

BroncoSportBigBend
Nov 03, 2020

Rank 0

Nov 03, 2020

Are the Bronco Sports that are reserved off-limits to other customers? I.e. they can't be test-driven nor be looked at by anyone except the person who reserved it, right? I DEFINITELY do NOT want anyone touching my Bronco until I have looked at it. (Esp. with COVID)
Commodore
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 03, 2020

Gladesmen

Nov 03, 2020

Yes that should be the case. But since these are such new hot autos they might let people look at it. But they should not let anyone test drive it.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
PSUTE, Commodore

Rank II

Nov 05, 2020

I just drove it and it's fine, I promise.
JamesT, bdawson24

Rank V

Nov 05, 2020

I'm with you on this lol

tenor.gif
David

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Nov 05, 2020

I coughed a little in the one I looked at but I had my mask on .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
PSUTE, Tannerjay87

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Nov 05, 2020

The last car I ordered had 49 miles on it when I went to pick it up, they were using it for a demo.:mad: That should be illegal.
Jakob1972, PSUTE

Rank II

Nov 05, 2020

I'd argue legally that it's a "used" car at that point.
Rydfree

Gladesmen

Nov 05, 2020

The last car I ordered had 49 miles on it when I went to pick it up, they were using it for a demo.:mad: That should be illegal.
Wow the last (only) vehicle I ordered the salesman called me when the truck arrived and I watched them drive it off the transport. It did have 3 miles on it, they had to gas it up.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
bdawson24, Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Nov 05, 2020

The salesman was let go but I still won't go back to that dealer.
Deano Bronc, Ponds

Rank V

Nov 06, 2020

Years ago I was doing some work with Ford and I saw a new unreleased F150 come out of the restricted proving area when I was going to lunch with the people from Ford. I thought it look great and was making over it. After I flew home my friend there at Ford asked if I wanted one and he could get it in for me as part of a fleet order so I did it. After the release, I knew it was coming, but no date yet. Then I'm at work and my friend said hows the truck to which I replied what do you mean. He told me it was delivered two days ago, who signed for it, the VIN and a bunch of details about the delivery. So I drove over there at lunch and while getting out of my current vehicle at the time four sales guys pulled up in my truck. Needless to say I went in to see the sales manager and we had a few words. I wound up getting about $3K of dealer-installed options and a $3K boost on my trade-in for catching them and threatening to tell Ford and the local news what they did(and I had video). The truck had about 45 miles on it when I drove it home from the dealer that afternoon. Unfortunately, those contacts have retired from Ford.
Jlinnins, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Nov 15, 2020

Wow.....when I worked at Buick dealership when I was 19 and 20 learning the ropes sortta speak, I was a grunt, took people home, or work who dropped their Buicks off for service, ran to go get parts, shagged used cars, (1978 was a big year for Regals) lots of used cars at the dealership. But anyway this dealership had a staging area where cars were pulled off the transports, and the vins showed if they were dealer ordered or special order. The specials went to another area until the customer was notified. A couple of times I got to do this!!! That was great. ( customers were so thrilled) This dealership had around 10 to 12 twelve demo-cars. So the special's were NEVER driven until cleared. ( customer contact) They immediately went to new car prep>>>>which I sometimes had to do, NOT fun painstaking actually. Checking for everything to be there. Buick at time was unmerciful about new car prep! (when GM was still a good company) They wanted NO Issues, even back then! But anyway that was 40 years ago and times change. My parents were always Ford people, it was my bother-in-law who changed me to Chevrolet(GM). I was a Chevy man until 2004 when GM decided customers aren't necessary, and I bought my first Dodge Truck. Sorry Ford fans...I sold it and bought a Chrysler Sebring convert. Wife took it, and I bought I Jeep Patriot TrailHawk. Now have the Challenger. I have 1970 Montego which I'm restoring (love it). My significant other has the 2017 F-150 5.0 which is I must say, I would have bought instead of the Challenger, if I knew . I love the Challenger, but FORD nailed the Truck for everyday people! That truck is amazing. (it has 80k miles on it, NO probs) So this is partly why I want a Bronco. Sorry for the rant, just a little history of BroncoMax. My Uncle had a 1969 Bronco >>>>>>>>>WHITE, new....It was cool. I loved it as kid. That is my first introduction to a BRONCO. My sister owned Jeeps>>>CJ's. I have never had really something this wonderful. So....I'm praying my BRONCO build is what I have dreamt of for many, many years. I love the look of it. I have scrutinized every build on the Bronco and the Bronco Sport. This is a winner if FORD presses the basic ones. The over the top ones are pricey. FORD SOLD thousands more base Mustangs than they did K's. Again everyone I'm really excited about this. WHITE > Ford! Baja On! Sorry I must add most auto company's don't want your special order driven unnecessarily. It prolongs the warranty. That is why Dealerships back in the day had demos. I drove a Buick Estate Wagon with small signs on the two front doors proclaiming what Dearlership this car was from. Just to say this to end>>>. This Buick Dealership had customers who ORDERED NEW BUICKS, every year. I never was around such things as that. But that was customer service. Finally>>>>where ever I was in the Dealership>>>>If anyone stopped and asked me a question, I had to STOP what I was doing, and take them to whom I thought could answer their questions. Immediately! If I was shaggin cars, or in that Estate wagon....where ever. The CUSTOMER WAS FIRST! FORD?
Baja on! As Ford Spanked the competition in 1969, in the Baja 1000, NO OTHER AUTOMAKER HAS, replicated in 50 plus years
bdawson24, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Dec 10, 2020

I test drove one yesterday in Colorado Springs!

There were 6 broncos on site. 5 of them belonged to preorders/customers and they wouldn't let us test drive or open those. BUT they did have one Broncos Sport Badlands that belonged to the dealer as a company car/loaner. I had to fill out a ton of paperwork but they let me test drive it.

I had a reservation in September but completed my order after test driving it yesterday.

A few takeaways after the test drive:
• I switched from Black to Brown leather
• I switched my color from AREA 51 to Cactus Grey. Area 51 is brighter than pictures portray. The Cactus is that perfect soft color
• The Kodiak Brown is extremely dark.
• 2.0 has a great kick to it but I'm still going to go with the 1.5 due to my budget
• The storage and headroom are amazing

Glad I got to test drive and see the different Broncos. There are nuances you pick up seeing it in person.
Mountainwiitch, Ponds