Reports of Build Week Slippage.

BuzzyBud
May 06, 2021

Rank VI

May 06, 2021

There appears to be numerous reports of slippage with build weeks from owners with VIN numbers and dealers with mannequin Broncos. Mannequins are slipping 2 weeks. Owners slipping 3 to 4 weeks.

Do we have confirmation?
TXBronco, Chief1301
Last edited by a moderator: May 06, 2021

Rank V

May 06, 2021

There is a lengthy thread on B6G with numerous folks confirming that they received the delay news from their dealers today. Also, several dealer posts confirming the mannequin delays. I have not seen someone post directly here on BN if that is what you mean by confirmation...
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
Chief1301, Bronc96

Rank VI

May 07, 2021

There is a lengthy thread on B6G with numerous folks confirming that they received the delay news from their dealers today. Also, several dealer posts confirming the mannequin delays. I have not seen someone post directly here on BN if that is what you mean by confirmation...

Yes, I was seeking a BN member with a similar experience to the 6g members. It appears the information is flowing from the dealers to the potential owners. Not a direct email from Ford. Some owners may not know their build date has changed.
Gunninja1, nic

Rank V

May 07, 2021

I haven’t verified with my dealer that my 6/7 build week has slipped. If anyone is hoping for an announcement from Ford…..you most likely will not get it. One thing that has pissed me off is their lack of transparency and lack of communication.
Bucktown, Gunninja1

Rank VI

May 07, 2021

I haven’t verified with my dealer that my 6/7 build week has slipped. If anyone is hoping for an announcement from Ford…..you most likely will not get it. One thing that has pissed me off is their lack of transparency and lack of communication.
I suspect many BN members do not scan 6g for valuable information. Many probably have dealers who do not pass on critical updates. I think Ford is hoping dealers with be the go-to for communications. Interesting times!
Gunninja1, Chief1301

Rank V

May 07, 2021

I suspect many BN members do not scan 6g for valuable information. Many probably have dealers who do not pass on critical updates. I think Ford is hoping dealers with be the go-to for communications. Interesting times!
Well 6g is a $hitshow. People are turning on each other. Time to take a break and just wait silently for my bronco.
Bronco4, JRHopp

Rank VI

May 07, 2021

Well 6g is a $hitshow. People are turning on each other. Time to take a break and just wait silently for my bronco.
Yes, patiently waiting is our best course of action. Some BN members may need to adjust their planned actions based on this new knowledge. More specifically the family vehicles and delaying sales of existing ones so they still have transportation. Accurate information may be critical to some BN members.
Gunninja1, KennyMac

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 07, 2021

It is annoying. dealers aren't forth coming either. Whats the big mystery? I doubt my local will contact when the display model is in.I do want to look at one in person and test drive it.
Bucktown, Gunninja1

Rank VI

May 07, 2021

Yes, patiently waiting is our best course of action. Some BN members may need to adjust their planned actions based on this new knowledge. More specifically the family vehicles and delaying sales of existing ones so they still have transportation. Accurate information may be critical to some BN members.
I have not heard back from my dealer yet about this. Sounds to me they should just call this Bronco a 22MY and bypass the whole 21MY altogether. They can still make and ship by why hold to 21MY when production is starting so late into 21.

At this rate there will only be like 10k 21MY Broncos lol
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
SlashRacer, BroncoUp

Rank V

May 07, 2021

I'm facing a "difficult" (I put that in quotes because in the grand scheme of things it is not life or death or even close) decision since I turned in my Expedition last week as the lease expired and I was way over mileage already. Now do I wait for what looks very much like (absolute best case) a late August build date then delivery in mid to late October with MY22s (and all of the rumored changes to options/colors) then just three months away...or just punt to MY22? In the meantime I hope that our 2010 Mercury Milan holds up! The wife has had the shiny new Bronco Sport since January; can't take that from her since it was part of the Bronco "bargain"!
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
ChapEJF, Deedra

Rank VI

May 07, 2021

I'm facing a "difficult" (I put that in quotes because in the grand scheme of things it is not life or death or even close) decision since I turned in my Expedition last week as the lease expired and I was way over mileage already. Now do I wait for what looks very much like (absolute best case) a late August build date then delivery in mid to late October with MY22s (and all of the rumored changes to options/colors) then just three months away...or just punt to MY22? In the meantime I hope that our 2010 Mercury Milan holds up! The wife has had the shiny new Bronco Sport since January; can't take that from her since it was part of the Bronco "bargain"!
Aw... At least someone has a Bronco to drive.
Deedra, Crysled84

Rank VI

May 07, 2021

Yep!
2021 1/2
Also ... screw the mannequin program! Get the customers their Broncos!
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Gunninja1, KennyMac

Rank VI

May 07, 2021

Haven't received confirmation of new date, but I just checked my original email and clicked the link. No longer shows a build date, and the status has changed back to 'in order processing' from 'scheduled for production'.....insert very very sad face.....
BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
Gunninja1, KennyMac

Road trip!!!

May 07, 2021

Haven't received confirmation of new date, but I just checked my original email and clicked the link. No longer shows a build date, and the status has changed back to 'in order processing' from 'scheduled for production'.....insert very very sad face.....
I have a friend who works at map. They are building just over 500 broncos this week. He told me the majority of them are first editions. Of the 526 being built this week, 70% of them are hard tops.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
KennyMac, Deedra

Rank VI

May 07, 2021

I have a friend who works at map. They are building just over 500 broncos this week. He told me the majority of them are first editions. Of the 526 being built this week, 70% of them are hard tops.
A spark of hope, but I think I am back in the Dr Seuss waiting place
BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
Gunninja1, Deedra

Rank VI

May 07, 2021

A spark of hope, but I think I am back in the Dr Seuss waiting place
I do not like the bronco scam I do not like it sam I am.
95'/21' BRONCO BOI, LagoCJ

Rank II

May 07, 2021

Yes, I was seeking a BN member with a similar experience to the 6g members. It appears the information is flowing from the dealers to the potential owners. Not a direct email from Ford. Some owners may not know their build date has changed.
6g members are posting emails from Ford with change dates.
Deedra, Chief1301

Rank VI

May 07, 2021

Cool
The figure rises to 80% for July production...
Deedra

Rank V

May 07, 2021

I agree, the dealer demos should be last to be built. Getting new Broncos in the hands of order holders should be at the top of the list. I know one out in the wild is way better than one in the barn. I think at this point, with shortages of all kinds, the only vehicles coming off any assembly line should be customer orders first and dealer lot fillers last. This way a well run mega manufacturer could funnel any cross platform parts to those vehicles/plants that need them. I'm sure someone paid much better than me thought of some really good plan to keep the well oiled machine running. Oh wait news just showed the parking lots at Kentucky Motor Speedway filled with Ford pickups waiting for parts. No joke. Someday we will see some Broncos in the wild. Sure is tuff to be a diehard/life long Ford owner.

Oh, according to the Ford dealer I ordered my Bronco at, there were no known delays for manufacturing other than the painted tops. I felt a cool breeze and smoke around my posterior. I guess I might be in a different dimension.
Gunninja1, Bone Saw

Life is a Highway

May 07, 2021

1)Nice to see that B6G has stayed consistent.
2)Every time this madness gets me down I just think to myself, that these are some first world problems we have here. And then I just weep uncontrollably!:LOL::ROFLMAO::love:
Giggles, Drive2net