Relocate Front Camera?

Soupcook
Aug 04, 2021

Rank VI

Aug 04, 2021

I was looking at Rubicons yesterday (moment of weakness). I noticed that the front camera is mounted at the top of the grill...well above brush guards and winches. I'm not sure where the camera is located in the Bronco grill, but it seems as though it could be relocated to the highest spot on the grill and eliminate the winch blocking the camera?
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Rgwinn
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 04, 2021

Rank V

Aug 04, 2021

I was looking at Rubicons yesterday (moment of weakness). I noticed that the front camera is mounted at the top of the grill...well above brush guards and winches. I'm not sure where the camera is located in the Bronco grill, but it seems as though it could be relocated to the highest spot on the grill and eliminate the winch blocking the camera?
It is located between the “O” and the “N” of the grill lettering. Moving it up would require some reprogramming of the Ford 360 camera software to adequately depict the 3-D view of surrounding terrain. They’ve indicated that they are looking into this, but not for MY21.
Soupcook, SlashRacer

Libations MOD

Aug 04, 2021

Moving the 360 camera would require reprogramming the system. There is a thread from long ago on here about that.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Soupcook, SlashRacer