[Reference] MY2022 Price Protection Programs

RagnarKon
May 24, 2022

Burrito Connoisseur

May 24, 2022

As many of you know, reservation and order holders that placed their order before March 19th, 2021 are eligible for Ford’s special price protection program. In addition, those who placed their ordered before March 11th, 2022 have retail price protection against the MY2022.5 mid-year price increases until the end of the model year. All of this information has been documented by @Laura on the front page, so rather that re-explain everything I’ll just point you to her excellent post:

https://thebronconation.com/my22-mi...s-changing-who-has-price-protection-and-more/
BUT, it has come to my attention based on daily browsing of this forum and the Bronco6G forum some dealer employees are just confused and don’t know what’s going on. This is especially true if you visit a dealer on the weekend and the usual management staff isn’t working that day. In an ideal world, the dealer would figure this out on their own… but sometimes that just doesn’t happen. So if you run into issues… hopefully this post will make the conversation slightly easier:

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there will be an updated 2023MY program at some point in the future for those who gets pushed or are holding out until 2023.
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
IMPORTANT JULY 15th, 2022 UPDATE
On July 15th, Ford implemented their second round of price increases for the 2022MY—details here. As far as I know, PGM#38446 is still the correct program number, and covers both the March and the July price increases. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the March 2022 price increases, and Column C is the price protection money from the July 2022 price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

MY2022-PriceProtectionChart.jpg

MY2022_Price_Protection_Flowchart.png
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
LR48, Trialmx

Rank VI

May 24, 2022

This is very timely for me! My Bronco has been delivered to the dealership, and I want to make sure I'm fully versed in the price protection. Thank you!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115

Burrito Connoisseur

May 24, 2022

This is very timely for me! My Bronco has been delivered to the dealership, and I want to make sure I'm fully versed in the price protection. Thank you!
Judging by your signature your build is very similar to my build. I’m jealous—no build date for me yet.

Congrats!!!

May 25, 2022

Good info. Thanks for the write up!
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s

Rank IV

May 25, 2022

I may need this in the future. I don't have a VIN #, build date, and etc. Thank you for your info!!
BN 2610
Reservation: 24 Oct 2020 1st Ordered 30 Jan 2021 2nd order: 1 Nov 2021
Bronco-Wildtrak, 2 door, Lux, Leather, Roof Rack took delivery: 1 Oct 2022

Rank III

Aug 12, 2022

Thanks for the info! Is there a good source of information tgat describes the process for how ford provides this? I see some say they get a check later? How does Ford provide the dealer with the transaction?

Burrito Connoisseur

Aug 12, 2022

Thanks for the info! Is there a good source of information tgat describes the process for how ford provides this? I see some say they get a check later? How does Ford provide the dealer with the transaction?
The price protection programs come in the form of a “private offer” from Ford. When your dealer pulls up your name/order in SmartVincent, your dealer will see it there waiting. Usually your dealer will apply the discount then and there, but if they do not, Ford will send you a check.

Retail price protection is applied by the dealer, and after Ford verifies the vehicle has been sold to the original order holder they will reimburse the dealer the difference in invoice pricing in 30-45 days when they get their statements. Some dealers will not provide you retail price protection until they receive the invoice reimbursement from Ford. There really is zero need to do this, but if your dealer is this way they (not Ford) should provide you rebate with the difference in retail price.
Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Aug 12, 2022

Forgive me if this was covered, but if the C column has $0 is that because that trim didn’t have a MY22.5 increase.

I still can’t wrap my head around my holding both a 21 res and order, but not being price protected. To me, the criteria should be simple. Do you have a reservation and order that are both dated 2021? Then you’re price protected!

OR

Dealers should have had to disclose that I would be subject to price increases. I haven’t bought a car in 10 years, and I bought off the lot. It never occurred to me that I would be punished for their failure.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top