Rear Security Storage Shelf

Rgwinn
Jan 19, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

Installed the Tuffy Security Enclosure with the Lifting Shelf today. Overall pretty straightforward installation. I spent a couple hours on it just due to interruptions. A couple of the bolts are a PITA but not too bad. It is very sturdy. And plenty of spots to strap equipment to. The top is rated for #50 lbs.

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...19&nosto=productpage-nosto-1-fallback-nosto-1
ADE11F40-F9FE-4C3A-98A8-4C463B80D5D9.jpeg
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Darrel, Ditchrunner
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

That actually looks pretty sweet, does the cover lock for security when topless? I also wonder how compatible it would be with the soft top installed (like so many of us have!)
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
Rgwinn

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

That actually looks pretty sweet, does the cover lock for security when topless? I also wonder how compatible it would be with the soft top installed (like so many of us have!)
Yes, that’s the beauty of it, I had an earlier type on my Wrangler, when the top is off, or soft top, it creates a very secure “trunk” it has reinforced steel plates at all the corners with blind nuts for the exposed side. It would be very difficult to break into it, once the tailgate is closed it’s Secure. There’s a rubber strip on the edge that mates to the tailgate.9AD30ACD-481C-418B-91B6-80EC782EAD77.jpeg
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Ditchrunner, 6GENBRONCOFAN

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jan 19, 2022

Nice installation! Did you add the light? I didn't see mention of it in the description at the link. Well done.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Rgwinn

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

Nice installation! Did you add the light? I didn't see mention of it in the description at the link. Well done.
The light is an Olight Obulb which has a magnetic base.
https://m.olightstore.com/obulb-3colors.html
Ditchrunner, mike hancho III

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 19, 2022

I'll be going with the fixed lid version myself. I haven't seen any real benefit of having the tilt lid for my needs. And it's $70 cheaper.
Rgwinn

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

Yes, works with the soft top... @Chrism81 (of B6G fame, thought he had same name here too :unsure:) did it. Beat the hell out of the top of it while installing as well, he took some heat for that one. :ROFLMAO: But it fit well.

Edit: ok, I found him @cmiller81. Maybe he still has the pics of it!
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.

Rank III

Jan 19, 2022

Installed the Tuffy Security Enclosure with the Lifting Shelf today. Overall pretty straightforward installation. I spent a couple hours on it just due to interruptions. A couple of the bolts are a PITA but not too bad. It is very sturdy. And plenty of spots to strap equipment to. The top is rated for #50 lbs.

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...19&nosto=productpage-nosto-1-fallback-nosto-1
View attachment 26482
What is your take on the lift vs. fixed? Did you get the lift so that you can get into it without opening the tailgate? Or is that even possible? I want to get one, just not sure what the benefit of the lift option is. Looks great though!
'22 Bronco WT, CG, 4dr, 2.7L, SAS, Lux, Leather, Tow, PPF
Order 7/20/21 & 10/8; VIN 12/22; Blend 3/26/22; Purchased 4/23

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

What is your take on the lift vs. fixed? Did you get the lift so that you can get into it without opening the tailgate? Or is that even possible? I want to get one, just not sure what the benefit of the lift option is. Looks great though!
With the lift you can access items towards the back easier and if you do have to transport any bulky items you have the extra height. You can’t access it with the door shut. There’s two latches under the lid.
hkbooner

Rank III

Jan 19, 2022

With the lift you can access items towards the back easier and if you do have to transport any bulky items you have the extra height. You can’t access it with the door shut. There’s two latches under the lid.
Thank you! That makes perfect sense although I wish there was a way to access the compartment without having to open the tailgate. I guess it does help with security however. I think I will go with the lifted...just so I am not completely restricted to the fixed compartment space.
'22 Bronco WT, CG, 4dr, 2.7L, SAS, Lux, Leather, Tow, PPF
Order 7/20/21 & 10/8; VIN 12/22; Blend 3/26/22; Purchased 4/23
Rgwinn

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

Think I know the answer to this, but… iffin you did want to haul tall stuff and or long stuff (fold down seats), how practical is it to remove the top cover and/or forward bulkhead? Guessing that it’s a big, fixed box that stays forever…?

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

Think I know the answer to this, but… iffin you did want to haul tall stuff and or long stuff (fold down seats), how practical is it to remove the top cover and/or forward bulkhead? Guessing that it’s a big, fixed box that stays forever…?
It would be a pain to remove it. There is space on top so you could put long things in, I suspect you could carry 8’ 2x4s and strap them down to the lid. There’s 4 anchor points.
Ditchrunner, Shoresy

Rank VI

Jan 30, 2022

@Rgwinn - one more question as I’m ready to jump on this. Does it rattle?
Rgwinn

Rank VI

Jan 30, 2022

@Rgwinn - one more question as I’m ready to jump on this. Does it rattle?
Nope, and I would notice as I hate rattling.
Shoresy

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2022

Out of stock! Nooooo!
Rgwinn

Rank V

Jan 31, 2022

Out of stock! Nooooo!
LoL I must have gotten one of the last ones. Ordered it last night. I carry a lot of gear in the back of my truck and this will keep it secure when the top is down.
21 Base BadLands 7MT
Rgwinn

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2022

LoL I must have gotten one of the last ones. Ordered it last night. I carry a lot of gear in the back of my truck and this will keep it secure when the top is down.
I’m laughing on the inside… :/

I may do a homegrown version like @Bschurr… but like the idea of security and somewhat weather proof. It will likely take me 10x longer and cost 3x more, but got some ideas kicking around.
Rgwinn

Rank V

Jan 31, 2022

Just be careful of putting your keyfob in that, particularly if you have the doors off. You'll be able to start the vehicle but you won't be able to open up the back to get the key fob.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
Rgwinn

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2022

Just be careful of putting your keyfob in that, particularly if you have the doors off. You'll be able to start the vehicle but you won't be able to open up the back to get the key fob.
That’s where the keypad comes in handy.
dover157

Rank V

Jan 31, 2022

That’s where the keypad comes in handy.
Except when it's attached to the door you took off. I believe one person I saw put the keypad in the fuel door to keep access to it without having to look at it.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
Deano Bronc, Rgwinn