Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 22, 2022

Looks like my Black Diamond build increased $1250. :mad:

BUILD YOUR 2022 BRONCO
BroncOitis, Ditchrunner
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2022

Rank V

Feb 22, 2022

I was just noticing that, myself, yesterday. I pretty much had the MSRP of my build marmorized, and I noticed yesterday, looking at the B&P for my build, that it's now up by a couple grand. Not a huge amount, compared to the total amount.

I think I'll go so far as to ask @Gloff — when my Bronco finally does arrive, am I going to get MSRP according to what it was when I placed the order, or am I going to get MSRP according to what it is at the time I make the actual purchase?
May the Ford be with you, always.
On Order: Badlands 4-door 2.7, Lux Package, Velocity Blue, non-Sasquatch
BroncOitis

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 22, 2022

You'll be locked into the MSRP price based on when you placed your order.. and of course early reservation holders still have the price protection certificate.

So people will fall under three camps:
  • If you reserved/ordered on or before March 19th, 2021, your MSRP will be the original 2022 model year pricing, and you will be given price protection certificate that discounts your Bronco to match the MSRP of the 2021 model.
  • If you reserved/ordered after March 19th, 2021 but before the (assumed) price increase... your MSRP will be the original 2022 model year pricing.
  • If you ordered after the price increase—which presumably that took effect yesterday (but there have been no official announcements either way)—then you pay the new pricing.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
PSUTE, BroncOitis

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 22, 2022

You'll be locked into the MSRP price based on when you placed your order.. and of course early reservation holders still have the price protection certificate.

• If you reserved/ordered on or before March 19th, 2021, your MSRP will be the original 2022 model year pricing, and you will be given price protection certificate that discounts your Bronco to match the MSRP of the 2021 model.
  • If you reserved/ordered after March 19th, 2021 but before the (assumed) price increase... your MSRP will be the original 2022 model year pricing.
  • If you ordered after the price increase—which presumably that took effect yesterday (but there have been no official announcements either way)—then you pay the new pricing.

Well that's a relief. Hope they don't find a way to skirt out of it.
BroncOitis, Ditchrunner

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 22, 2022

Well that's a relief. Hope they don't find a way to skirt out of it.
Nah... they wouldn't do that. They've never done that in mid-year price increases in the past, it's always based off of order date. Ford just offers a discount in SmartVincent to account for the price increases.

There are rumors that they are actually increasing that March 19th price protection in some way all the way out to mid-August... which would encompass all 2021 reservation holders I believe. But no official word... yet.
BroncOitis, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Feb 22, 2022

I placed my order 2/1/22. Are you saying that as long as I take delivery of a 22MY, my price should not change? However, if it is built as a 23MY, then the price increase will be passed along to me?
Badlands 4 door; Sasquatch; Eruption Green; 2.7; MIC; Tow; MGV; Lux; Modular Bumper; ordered 2/1/22; received production email 3/23/23; production date 4/24/23; Two Rivers Ford Mt. Juliet (Nashville) highly recommend!

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 22, 2022

I placed my order 2/1/22. Are you saying that as long as I take delivery of a 2022 model year, my price should not change? However, if it is built as a 23MY, then the price increase will passed along to me?
Your order is only good for a model year 2022, and your MSRP will be whatever the MSRP was when you placed the order. If Ford cannot build you a 2022MY, then you'll have to place a new order for 2023MY, and your MSRP will be whatever the MSRP cost is for 2023.

Two important things to note:
  • MSRP ≠ Final sales price. The final sales price is ultimately between you and your dealer.
  • We don't know what sort of special price protection programs (if any) Ford will offer for those who placed an order after March 19th, 2021. So far the only price protection program Ford has announced is for those who reserved and/or ordered between July 13th, 2020 and March 19th, 2021. What I stated above is only true if Ford doesn't offer any price protection program.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Feb 22, 2022

That's about what I would like to think.

To me, it seems ethically rather rotten to order something with a long wait time, to have an expectation when you placed the order of what the price will be, and then to have that price increase when the order finally comes in.

I suppose a good underlying question is what is @Ford Motor Company doing as far as the wholesale prices that it charges the dealers? What my dealer is going to pay Ford for the vehicle that it is going to sell to me, is that going to be based on the prices in effect when I placed my order, or is that going to reflect the increased newer prices? As rotten as I think it would be for me to have to pay a higher price than originally established, when I placed the order, it would seem almost equally rotten to make the dealer eat the whole of any such price increase.

And another question, that comes to mind—If I make any alterations in the order, such as adding the new Hoop Step option, or leaving off the tow capability, does that trigger the entire price to be recalculated under the new pricing structure?

I've just sent an email to my dealer, asking these questions.
May the Ford be with you, always.
On Order: Badlands 4-door 2.7, Lux Package, Velocity Blue, non-Sasquatch

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 22, 2022

This is from a dealer that posts on B6G
Price Protection.jpg
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Ditchrunner

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Feb 22, 2022

It is just a good thing that the Bronco doesn't have the same verbiage as the J**ps do. The very bottom of the Order Sheet has a Note that states......
(This is not an invoice. The Prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or correction without prior notice. No claims against this content listed for prices quoted will be accepted. Refer to the vehicle invoice for final vehicle content and pricing. Orders are accepted only when the vehicle is shipped by the factory.)
One of my buddies just went through this last year, they made him sign just above that Note. Hopefully Ford won't follow suit on putting that information on the confirmation preview sheet.
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.

Rank II

Feb 22, 2022

Direct from Ford : Special (Read: LIMITED) edition Everglades. Ford is selecting allocation for those based on some internal algorithm they've not explained to the dealer. You can't spec and order one, and they're hinting that it will be like the Bronco Raptor in that they will select people that can elect to order one and then that person just chooses the dealership they want to take delivery of.
WT 4D EG lux mic tube steps Hoss 3.0 Res 7/17/2020
Order 1/21/21 Re-order 10/13/21 BD was 5/9 pushed to 5/23

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 22, 2022

This is from a dealer that posts on B6G
View attachment 29421
Yeah this is correct as far as I am aware.

Admittedly... my knowledge is nearly a decade old since that's when last intimately involved with Ford's systems. But assuming it hasn't changed dramatically since I last dealt with it, this is correct.
And another question, that comes to mind—If I make any alterations in the order, such as adding the new Hoop Step option, or leaving off the two capability, does that trigger the entire price to be recalculated under the new pricing structure?
In my experience as long as your Series Code doesn't change you won't lose price protection. Series Code is roughly equivalent to trim level. That said... Series Code isn't a cut-and-dry line for the Bronco. The Badlands trim, for example, has two series codes—one for 2-door, one for 4-door. The Black Diamond has four series codes depending on 2/4-door and whether you get the Mid package or not.

So to be perfectly honest I don't know the answer. My hunch is that you won't lose price protection unless you add an option that wasn't available at the time when you originally placed the order. But I don't know for sure, good question.

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Feb 22, 2022

Nah... they wouldn't do that. They've never done that in mid-year price increases in the past, it's always based off of order date. Ford just offers a discount in SmartVincent to account for the price increases.

There are rumors that they are actually increasing that March 19th price protection in some way all the way out to mid-August... which would encompass all 2021 reservation holders I believe. But no official word... yet.
I hope that is so true because my reservation date was March 23rd 2021 and I just missed it by 4 days. "Please, Please, Please, be true."
I am not going to explain the story again because it is a lengthy one but, yeah I hope that holds true but we all know how rumors are. ;)
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
RagnarKon, Deano Bronc

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 23, 2022

In my experience as long as your Series Code doesn't change you won't lose price protection. Series Code is roughly equivalent to trim level. That said... Series Code isn't a cut-and-dry line for the Bronco. The Badlands trim, for example, has two series codes—one for 2-door, one for 4-door. The Black Diamond has four series codes depending on 2/4-door and whether you get the Mid package or not.

So to be perfectly honest I don't know the answer. My hunch is that you won't lose price protection unless you add an option that wasn't available at the time when you originally placed the order. But I don't know for sure, good question.
For those not following along on the wider news... turns out my first statement (quoted above) was correct and second "hunch" is incorrect. It's the same as it has always been, and if you change the series code and you lose price protection.

Series code is a tricky thing with the Bronco and it varies based on trim, 2/4-door, 4x4 option, and equipment package (Std/Mid/High/Lux). So as long as you don't change any of those options, you should be good.

EDIT: This is for people who ordered/reserved after March 19th, 2021. For people who ordered/reserved on or before March 19th, 2021, you fall under a price protection program which @Deano Bronc posted about below).
BroncOitis

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 23, 2022

For those not following along on the wider news... turns out my first statement (quoted above) was correct and second "hunch" is incorrect. It's the same as it has always been, and if you change the series code and you lose price protection.

Series code is a tricky thing with the Bronco and it varies based on trim, 2/4-door, 4x4 option, and equipment package (Std/Mid/High/Lux). So as long as you don't change any of those options, you should be good.
Here is a memo that Ford put out towards the end of last year. It looks like you will get the voucher for what ever you originally had reserved. It doesn't seem to matter what trim you end up buying, you still get the original voucher amount. It also states that the voucher is not good for Special Editions so those wanting the Everglades, probably won't get to use the voucher.
2022 Price Protection.png
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
BroncOitis

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 23, 2022

Here is a memo that Ford put out towards the end of last year. It looks like you will get the voucher for what ever you originally had reserved. It doesn't seem to matter what trim you end up buying, you still get the original voucher amount. It also states that the voucher is not good for Special Editions so those wanting the Everglades, probably won't get to use the voucher.
View attachment 29493
Ohhhh yeah... good point.

I was referring to the people who placed 22MY orders prior to the most recent price increases and did NOT place their original order/reservation on or before March 19th, 2021. Those who ordered/reserved before March 19th, 2021 fall under the special price protection program and are playing by a different set of rules.

I'll edit my post, because that is an important distinction.
TK1215, BroncOitis