Rattling Around Subwoofer?

TheBluePariah97
Feb 22, 2022

Rank V

Feb 22, 2022

I have had a rattling noise near my subwoofer that's been progressively getting worse. I have an appointment set to get it checked out but I wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar issue? I have a first-day reservation and had my FE sitting out on dirt mountain from July to the end of October. I was wondering if anyone else from the first batch of dirt mountain broncos is experiencing the same thing?
First Edition, 2 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Cactus Grey
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2022

Rank III

Feb 22, 2022

I have almost 5k on my FE built 9-28 and I've started noticing the same thing, but mine wasn't on DM.

Update @ 7.5k: It rarely does it, only on certain songs. With most music with deep bass it doesn't rattle.

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

I have almost 5k on my FE built 9-28 and I've started noticing the same thing, but mine wasn't on DM.
Interesting. Yeah mine has gotten really bad. When I had my ranger and the door speaker was rattling it was because the speaker was broken. I’m hoping that’s not what happened to mine
First Edition, 2 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Cactus Grey

Rank I

Mar 07, 2022

Yes - same issue and I'm going to post about my wipers too - the driver side wiper is very loose and rattling. Taking it to get service and hope it's simple fix.

Rank IV

Mar 25, 2022

I also have have FE similar build date. I have noticed it off and on also but wasn't sure what it was coming from, sounded like some kind of speaker issue. Mine is only occasionally though.

Rank 0

Jun 28, 2022

I found this thread on bronco6gb forum.... Got rid of mine 95%. With an extra microfiber cloth and foam I had laying around until I can do a more permanent fix with sound deadening stuff

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/subwoofer-rattle-i-think-i-gotter-licked.27038/

I don't know if yours is the same issue but if it is, It may help
Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Jun 28, 2022

I also have have FE similar build date. I have noticed it off and on also but wasn't sure what it was coming from, sounded like some kind of speaker issue. Mine is only occasionally though.
Same!

Rank 0

Sep 28, 2022

We've got about 5k miles on our and the rattle just started showing up around 4k. It was minor at first, but the rattle has been exceptionally annoying. The dealership service department thinks it may be in the C-pillar and I agree with that. Where I have problems, is that Ford does not currently have guidance on how to remove or fix anything routed through the C pillar. Their current plan of action is to send it to the body shop. For what I don't know quite yet, but I'm pretty sure I DO NOT want them cutting and repairing anything.
radar3d

Rank V

Jul 20, 2023

I found this thread on bronco6gb forum.... Got rid of mine 95%. With an extra microfiber cloth and foam I had laying around until I can do a more permanent fix with sound deadening stuff

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/subwoofer-rattle-i-think-i-gotter-licked.27038/

I don't know if yours is the same issue but if it is, It may help

I found this short video on Youtube and it fixed my problem!

Reserved 2/21 Confirmed 6/21 Blend of 11/23/21
Badlands, 4 dr, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Soft Top, Carb Grey
SuperMike, Jakob1972