RAT 3 speed hardware

matthias
May 28, 2020

Rank 0

May 28, 2020

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to pul the C4 out of my '69 and reinstall the original RAT 3 speed. However, it has been years since the first swap was made, and we do not have any of the proper hardware to put the manual back in. I was checking out Wild Horses, Tom's, etc., and couldn't find a good list of all the hardware needed to put the manual back in.

Does anyone have a list of everything needed? Flywheel bolts, bell housing, trans to bell housing, adapter to trans, and transfer case to adapter, along with anything else I need; looking for thread size and length. Thank you!
Commodore
Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2020

Rank II

May 28, 2020

hey matthias - i am planning to remove the 3-speed manual from my '68 (289 V8) over the next month. if there is anything you can use let me know. i'm on the East coast so shipping can get expensive but let me know if you want anything that i'm pulling out.
matthias

Rank 0

May 29, 2020

hey matthias - i am planning to remove the 3-speed manual from my '68 (289 V8) over the next month. if there is anything you can use let me know. i'm on the East coast so shipping can get expensive but let me know if you want anything that i'm pulling out.
Thank you for the offer Joe, I really appreciate it! I'm gonna try and do this process next weekend though. Thank you again for the generosity!

Rank II

May 29, 2020

ok. good luck. let us know how it all goes.
matthias

Rank 0

Jul 15, 2020

Just went through mine a couple months ago. These may help.

Attachments

matthias

Rank 0

Jul 15, 2020

Just went through mine a couple months ago. These may help.
Hey Golanda, thanks for the pics. Looks like the thread sizes for everything on the C4 are the same for the 3 speed. Just some different lengths.