rain water leak

79broncoowner
Mar 01, 2021

Rank 0

Mar 01, 2021

I have been fighting with rain leaking inside my bronco for a while now. I just got in a little while ago after driving through some heavy rain. The rear floor behind the passenger seat was soaked. Where is this coming from. The floors are solid no rust. Could it be coming from the rear tire? Or from the top running down the door post? I am about to pull my hair out. Every time I think it is fixed with no leaks here comes another one.
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 01, 2021

Gladesmen

Mar 01, 2021

I have been in your shoes. I had a 1985 Grand Am that I was chasing the water leak for at least a year the fron floor board was wet after a rain. So last ditch effort I jumped in the trunk with a flashlight and had my brother hose her down, turns out the water was coming through the studs on the rear tail lights mount. It would leak into my trunk go under the carpet miss the spare tire well run down the rear floor and settle in the front passenger floor board. I doubt that is the exact same problem but any hole that goes through the body is a point it could leak. I suggest taking off as many interior trim panels grab a flashlight and a water hose and see if any turns up.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank III

Mar 01, 2021

After 42 years on the road, I wouldn’t be surprised if there might be some loose/cracked seals and whatnot. But that seems too obvious...
Steve777468

Rank VI

Mar 01, 2021

I mean I’m, sure we will go with that, age and I feel like I’ve got a few cracks and leaks. So it sounds par for the course.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
Lvspark, Jakob1972

Life is a Highway

Mar 01, 2021

I mean I’m, sure we will go with that, age and I feel like I’ve got a few cracks and leaks. So it sounds par for the course.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Right there :p with you!
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Mar 09, 2021

Ok update on the rain water leaking. It ended up my tailgate was the problem. Behind the inspection cover is suppose to be a piece of paper material that helps keep the rain water going down past the inspection cover to the bottom of the tail gate then out the holes. Mine was gone so I made one out of plastic and installed it. Hopefully this will help keep in dry inside the next time it rains.
Lvspark, TK1215