Offered 22 Outer Banks 5k over

simbatoner
Mar 19, 2022

Rank 0

Mar 19, 2022

i’ve been offered a 22 Outer Banks for 5K over MSRP. I have one on order but this is the almost same build that I have on order and it will be coming in in the next month.

is that fair price?

or should I just wait another 9 to 12 months for mine to come in?

I know some people are taking deals like this and then trading it in when theirs come in because they’re being offered a trade in value 5 to 10 above MSRP. Is that true? Has anyone really had an offer like that?
2022 OBX 4D Carb Gray, Auto, 2.3L 3.72, LUX, Grey/Blue Leather
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2022

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 19, 2022

If you have $5k to throw away go for it. No need to pay over MSRP other than impatience.

There is no way to tell what the market will be like in the future. If you are betting on getting that $5k back just realize you may win. But you may also lose.
ABQNMBronco, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 19, 2022

That's a decision only you can make, is it worth it to you? $5k is lower than most who have stock units for sale.

For me though, no I wouldn't pay over MSRP. Hell, my deal was below invoice. And honestly, who knows for sure if used values will be as high as they are now (if you assume you see your Bronco in next 12 months).

And on another note, I've been driving my Mustang last 2 weeks to save on gas. In my case, I wanted my Bronco because my Mustang had (at the time) over 225k miles on it. And nervous it wouldn't last another winter. But now, having both, I can drive that to save on gas. At least no more worry if it goes down.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
ABQNMBronco, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Mar 19, 2022

Go for it and then ask the dealer when yours comes in and they sell it for $5,000 over MSRP if he's going to split that money with you?

Rank 0

Mar 22, 2022

Ended up taking the offer. This one has the 4x4 Advanced (which we decided we wanted after we ordered)

My dealer that I have the order with cannot change the order right now, he is going to keep trying but thinks he wont be able to until they open the ordering banks up again and then we will have a 23. He said buy the exact one we want then decide.

So we are taking the 5K ADM with the Advanced 4X4 and everything else we want, then when ours comes in we will decide if we keep it or not. We may end up keeping both
:oops:
2022 OBX 4D Carb Gray, Auto, 2.3L 3.72, LUX, Grey/Blue Leather
ABQNMBronco, Jakob1972