Quick question about the 2dr soft tops

Speed Devil
May 03, 2021

Your unofficial Favorite Author

May 03, 2021

Heard from the rep at the meet and greet that neither go all the way back, that you can go safari mode with the windows out, but can't do this:
1620059725299.png

That it'll only go this far back:

1620059761511.png

If so, at least I'll save $$$ by not getting the retractable one xD
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
TK1215, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: May 03, 2021

Home, home on the range

May 03, 2021

I thought I'd seen videos of the softtop on the 4dr all the way back. I may have to go back through them. The title of this post did say 2dr so that could be why. I haven't seen many softtop 2dr videos
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
TK1215, Speed Devil

May 03, 2021

I thought I'd seen videos of the softtop on the 4dr all the way back. I may have to go back through them. The title of this post did say 2dr so that could be why. I haven't seen many softtop 2dr videos

Yeah, thats what Im wondering, since its easier to take a soft top down than to remove a hardtop.

Sometimes I wish I had a family. Not often, but this case scenario
Sdakotabronco, TK1215

Home, home on the range

May 03, 2021

I'm hoping for an AM option that will go all the way back. May have to remove the windows though. The softtops I've had in the past would lay in the back but the person that owned them before me didn't remove the windows because they were a pain to take off (zipped on and off but Bronco factory ones don't have that), and the windows were cracked as a result. I could buy a new top but no one sold just the windows.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Speed Devil

May 03, 2021

I'm hoping for an AM option that will go all the way back. May have to remove the windows though. The softtops I've had in the past would lay in the back but the person that owned them before me didn't remove the windows because they were a pain to take off (zipped on and off but Bronco factory ones don't have that), and the windows were cracked as a result. I could buy a new top but no one sold just the windows.

Hopefully AM offers it.

I saw the videos years before when I was considering a then brand new JL, and the current ones, so seems like a 5 min job tops, hope it's similar.

Theyd make a fortune on just the windows as well
Sdakotabronco

Rank V

May 04, 2021

That's correct. The factory 4-door soft top will retract all the way. The Bestop Trektops (available as accessories on 2 and 4-door) will not fully retract. The only open in sunrider position.

I expect Bestop to release their fully-retractable Trektop Ultra version eventually.
Sdakotabronco, Deano Bronc