Question about adaptive cruise control

Cliffhanger
May 28, 2021

Rank II

May 28, 2021

Sorry if this has been discussed prior but I am considering switching from BD to Badlands and see you have to add the LUX package to get cruise control. Is this correct?! Don’t all vehicles come with cruise control nowadays or is this something different?!
TK1215, ResidualGenius
Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2021

Rank III

May 28, 2021

Adaptive Cruise Control is different and (in my opinion) much better than regular cruise control. With adaptive cruise you set the trailing distance allowing your Bronco to automatically slow down as traffic slows. Then it automatically speeds up to your set speed once traffic frees up, or if you switch to the fast lane.
UpNOver, LR48

Libations MOD

May 28, 2021

Sorry if this has been discussed prior but I am considering switching from BD to Badlands and see you have to add the LUX package to get cruise control. Is this correct?! Don’t all vehicles come with cruise control nowadays or is this something different?!
@KNDSPD is correct, there is the normal cruise control and then LUX has the adaptive
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Rgwinn, TK1215

Rank III

May 29, 2021

Once you use and get used to adaptive cruise control you will love it. Oh it is scary at first but it is an awesome feature.
Rgwinn, DRWright

Life is a Highway

May 29, 2021

Once you use and get used to adaptive cruise control you will love it. Oh it is scary at first but it is an awesome feature.
I really thought about the Lux package for the adaptive cruise control and I thought to myself, “I really plan to stay off road so the regular cruise control will do just fine”
the poacher, KennyMac

Rank V

May 29, 2021

I really thought about the Lux package for the adaptive cruise control and I thought to myself, “I really plan to stay off road so the regular cruise control will do just fine”
the only way to get to off road is on road. ) unless you trailer it. )
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
UpNOver, GWatkins

Rank III

May 29, 2021

Adaptive cruise control will spoil you forever
UpNOver, EZAPAR

Life is a Highway

May 29, 2021

I will deal with good old regular cruise control thank you. I have gotten along with out it so far
Rgwinn, the poacher

Life is a Highway

May 29, 2021

And definitely no trailer…except a small overland one!
GWatkins

Knows the cheat code.

Jun 07, 2021

And definitely no trailer…except a small overland one!
I plan to drive long distances in my Bronco. Adaptive Cruise is really nice. Both of my Subarus have it and I love it.
"Just because you don't understand it don't mean it don't make no sense."
Dweetybyrd, TK1215

Rank V

Jun 08, 2021

My wife loves it, I can't stand it lol. I like to be in control of my cruise control. We also figured out why it always takes her longer to drive the same trip, both of us driving the speed limit. She'll let the adaptive slow her down behind the slower vehicle in front of her, but not realized she's slowed down and just drive behind them below the speed limit for who knows how long lol.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
LR48, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Jul 27, 2021

Found out the adaptive cruise control in the Bronco does NOT do stop and go... unlike my wife's 2020 Explorer.

Kinda frustrating to be honest. It's a very common feature these days to have stop and go with adaptive cruise.
Deano Bronc

Formerly True

Jul 27, 2021

I have adaptive cruise control on my rav4. Sometimes I love it sometimes I hate it. When I come to a steep hill it will slow down about 5mph then gun it. I have another problem with it with being over sensitive to other vehicles getting off and on the highway, got to switch it off for merging or it slams on the brakes. I can't waitto have normal cruise control again.

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Jul 27, 2021

Adaptive Cruise Control just makes you pay less attention when you are behind the wheel. No thanks, I would rather do the driving than depend on the vehicles electronics for my safety!

Rank III

Jul 27, 2021

I love my adaptive cruise in my commuter , so I opted for Lux package , it’s great.

Rank 0

Jul 27, 2021

Adaptive cruise control will spoil you forever
Sure will!
UpNOver, EZAPAR

Rank V

Aug 21, 2021

Found out the adaptive cruise control in the Bronco does NOT do stop and go... unlike my wife's 2020 Explorer.

Kinda frustrating to be honest. It's a very common feature these days to have stop and go with adaptive cruise.
or my wife's Big Bend Sport... :(
Cyber Orange 4dr BadSquatch 2.7 Soft top (no tow)

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 21, 2021

I like to drive, never used cruise. Doesn't work well with a manual trans anyway.