Question about A/C.

Westhemailman
Apr 24, 2022

Rank 0

Apr 24, 2022

My wife and I are considering getting a Bronco in the future. We currently have a Rav4 and the A/C is terrible in the back. There are vents under the front seats, but they seem to almost do nothing for the people in the back. So how is the A/C in the bronco? In the summer where I live it can get in the low 100s and in the Rav4 and back seat feels like there is no air on at all.

Thanks
Wes
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2022

Rank V

Apr 24, 2022

My wife and I are considering getting a Bronco in the future. We currently have a Rav4 and the A/C is terrible in the back. There are vents under the front seats, but they seem to almost do nothing for the people in the back. So how is the A/C in the bronco? In the summer where I live it can get in the low 100s and in the Rav4 and back seat feels like there is no air on at all.

Thanks
Wes
I had 2 4Runners before my bronco. Mostly lived in hot climate most my life. Currently in the desert where it gets over 120 degrees each summer. The AC in the bronco for the front seats is one of the best I've ever had. Cold and powerful. I can't say much about the back seats but no complaints from my son. We have a soft top. As long as you keep windows up and AC cranked the back seat is fine.

I also love the MGV seats. Soft, durable and really comfy. But just keep in mind the MGV seats dont breath and can lead to swamp back and swamp ass. Im either putting beach towels out or buying seat cover ventilators for em for the summer. If you dont have either then just angle one or both AC vents down towards your seat bottom. I wouldn't trade the MGV seats for leather, MGV way better.
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992

Gladesmen

Apr 24, 2022

Check YouTube Pickens party of five or Buckle up Buttercup ( they changed their name) have a great video about the bronco’s ac compared to their F250.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank IV

Apr 24, 2022

Thanks
Wes
Wes, my bride's 4 door Wildtrak does not have real rear ac vents (I don't call the ones on the floor real cooling vents).
However, the AC Blower on these really cranks, we aim the two middle vents in the front towards the rear seat and leave the outboard vents aimed at us in the front. Has only been up to about 100 degrees so far and this seems to work fine up to 100.
Unfortunately, it gets up to 117 degrees here in Vegas, probably won't be having too many takers for the back seat past 105.
The worst is when you first get into the overheated interior, we remote start to get some air blowing so it's only 110 inside instead of Ground Zero at our old Nuke Test Site. By the way, System in Heat mode is fine, it rises from the floor and works great front and rear.
Hope this helps.
2021 Bronco Wildtrak Cyber Orange, 2019 Raptor Perf Blue
1955 Chevy Cameo, (2) 2023 Mavericks (on order)
Deano Bronc

Rank II

Apr 24, 2022

Swamp ass..

There's a band from North Carolina called Southern culture on the skids, and they have album called "Plastic Seat Sweat"
2022 4 Door Outer Banks, LUX, Soft Top, Sasquatch, 2.7L, modular bumper
She's named "Baloo"
Deano Bronc, FireOne

Rank 0

Apr 24, 2022

Thanks everyone for your replies. I found that video so I’ll definitely watch it when I get a chance.
Wes