1st Major Issue with 2023 Bronco

TXShelbyman
Mar 19, 2024

Rank 0

Mar 19, 2024

I bought my Bronco 2nd hand about a month ago. Apparently the previous owner didn't take the front roof panels off or tried and decided the fix was worse than just leaving them on. I tried to remove the drivers side roof panel and it would not come off smoothly. I had to work at it to get it off. I took it to the local dealer and the service writer said the tab holding the roof down was welded on crooked. They are going to send it to the body shop for repair. Has anyone heard of this before? The fix is truly to cut off the tab and weld or bolt on a new one? I'm hoping they don't do more damage than they fix.

Life is a Highway

Mar 19, 2024

I bought my Bronco 2nd hand about a month ago. Apparently the previous owner didn't take the front roof panels off or tried and decided the fix was worse than just leaving them on. I tried to remove the drivers side roof panel and it would not come off smoothly. I had to work at it to get it off. I took it to the local dealer and the service writer said the tab holding the roof down was welded on crooked. They are going to send it to the body shop for repair. Has anyone heard of this before? The fix is truly to cut off the tab and weld or bolt on a new one? I'm hoping they don't do more damage than they fix.
Mine has been like that from the get go. I pop up the three corners and do a tilt/jiggle with the one above the mirror. I thought that is how it is. It slides into the little bracket.
Roughstock11, Jakob1972

Rank 0

Mar 19, 2024

Mine has been like that from the get go. I pop up the three corners and do a tilt/jiggle with the one above the mirror. I thought that is how it is. It slides into the little bracket.

Could be but I have watched a bunch of videos and it shows them coming right off. Certainly there has to be an adjustable bracket.

Rank III

Mar 20, 2024

On my 2 door, the fronts and rears are bolt on and adjustable. Pretty sure there is even a TSB on adjusting them.

Sometimes (a lot of the time actually) the Service Writer has no clue. The body shop guys will most likely know what to do and it will not be welding.

Gladesmen

Mar 20, 2024

Mine is the same way. When we had the roof rack it was a bit of a PITA to get them off. Now that we removed roof rack it is much easier. Once you get it figured out, it is pretty easy takes just a few seconds to go topless. But it is the mushroom shaped pins above the aux switches that take some finesse. You just have to hold your mouth just right.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Thesedays, Roughstock11

Rank 0

Mar 20, 2024

They are adjustable..you should be able to do it yourself...TSB 22-2288
BigHoof, TXShelbyman

Rank 0

Mar 20, 2024

Thanks for the replies! BigHoof's reply certainly makes me feel more at ease. And I did find TSB 22-2288 that explains how to adjust them if the sit unevenly. I would guess the procedure would be the same.
BigHoof

Rank V

Mar 27, 2024

Hey there. Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to look into your roof tab issue on my end.

Rank 0

Mar 27, 2024

Hey there. Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to look into your roof tab issue on my end.

I got it back from the dealer last week. They didn't adjust anything. The technician from the body shop just showed me how to lift it up in the back and then lift it up and it comes right out. Rather than have them remove the trim and adjust the striker I decided I would just take his advice. I appreciate you replying!