Front Window Issues

TheGuerinator
Feb 09, 2024

Rank 0

Feb 09, 2024

Has anyone experienced the front window on a Bronco 4-door hardtop malfunction? Sometimes it refuses to go up...it will go up and immediately go back down. Then when it does decide to go up it wont fit into the space properly. The dealer has tried "resetting" the window by pushing the window button down several times and then up three times, but it is a temp fix.
MWNew

Rank VI

Feb 09, 2024

It's not just for you hard top guys. Happens to the soft top peeps as well.

It's been an issue since the '21's came out. I'd call it a temporary fix only because after doing the same trick it happened again a few months later. But it doesn't happen all that often, and resetting the windows is simple enough to do.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
the poacher, Chief Ron

Rank IV

Feb 09, 2024

It's not just for you hard top guys. Happens to the soft top peeps as well.

It's been an issue since the '21's came out. I'd call it a temporary fix only because after doing the same trick it happened again a few months later. But it doesn't happen all that often, and resetting the windows is simple enough to do.
Yep think you’re right. It hasn’t happened to me with my Bronco of almost two years, but that doesn’t mean it won’t.

Equally or more annoying is when the window doesn’t drop fast enough on door opening and catches on the weather stripping. Every early production model that I experienced had this problem. Again never on mine.🤞
Chief Ron, EvlNvrDys

Rank IV

Feb 09, 2024

MY22 2DR Black Diamond also has this issue, but for me it seems to be a cold weather issue, because last summer and the summer before I never had to reset the windows, have done it half a dozen times this winter already. Rumor has it there is a update to the module for the "More doors" that drops the windows when the Fob unlocks the doors ( and it fixes the up and down thing) but is has to be performed at the dealership
Chief Ron

Rank IV

Feb 09, 2024

Yes. For the longest time I literally thought I was tripping. 😆
Think I was tapping the key fob wrong as it stopped and haven't had the issue ..

Rank V

Feb 09, 2024

Just the beginning of a bad design by Ford. You have a window and motor that has to run every time you open and close a door. At some point they will have to design a window frame. Well maybe not, cause they will tell you they can't duplicate the issue and it will be our problem. Wonder how much the motor cost and a couple hours of labor. Better look into Car Shield??
MWNew

Rank IV

Feb 09, 2024

Just the beginning of a bad design by Ford. You have a window and motor that has to run every time you open and close a door. At some point they will have to design a window frame. Well maybe not, cause they will tell you they can't duplicate the issue and it will be our problem. Wonder how much the motor cost and a couple hours of labor. Better look into Car Shield??

Don’t know what’s different in Broncos.
I own an 2008 Audi and 2012 Mustang with similar frameless design that operates windows when opening and closing doors.
Zero problems with those cars…
Lots O Fords, OrangecrushBronco

BYOB… Bring your own Bronco!

Feb 09, 2024

23 wildtrak 4 dr softtop…. Front window no issues but experienced on both rear door windows within 8 hrs of one another. Crazy… reset worked and have not had issue in several months .

🐎
2023 Wildtrak, sas, mid, soft top. Not crazy offroader…. Just a normal trail junkie
Gyoja

Rank V

Feb 09, 2024

In the cold weather in MI, and we haven't had that much, my windows squeak and whistle. Never had that with a 15 year old TJ. Just not a fan of this design. All motors have a life span. I wonder what these were engineered to?

Rank 0

Feb 09, 2024

Happens on my 2023 4 door Badlands, Front passenger side only...Always double checking the windows to make sure they are up when parking.
Chief Ron

Rank V

Feb 13, 2024

Has anyone experienced the front window on a Bronco 4-door hardtop malfunction? Sometimes it refuses to go up...it will go up and immediately go back down. Then when it does decide to go up it wont fit into the space properly. The dealer has tried "resetting" the window by pushing the window button down several times and then up three times, but it is a temp fix.

Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's window concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?