What type of Roof Rack is this??

Bronconew23
Feb 08, 2024

Rank 0

Feb 08, 2024

Anyone knows what Roof Rack this is? Asked Bronco but no answer. I am gearing up for spring/summer activities and need a way to carry boards/gear with the top down. TIA!

Attachments

Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Feb 08, 2024

It's a custom one, unfortunately, from Ford. I don't think they ever put it into production: https://thebronconation.com/2021-ford-bronco-black-diamond-riptide-concept-walk-around-video/
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Chief Ron, Jakob1972

Rank II

Feb 08, 2024

Hmmmm, maybe I should produce, seems simple enough. And I kinda want one!
Dan @ BroncoBikini.com
Chief Ron, Jakob1972

Rank II

Feb 08, 2024

Hmmmm, maybe I should produce, seems simple enough. And I kinda want one!
Dan @ BroncoBikini.com

I'd buy one for sure :)
Chief Ron

Rank II

Feb 09, 2024

I'd buy one for sure :)

I'll weld one up this weekend. I have some 1x1 tubing and I watched the video above and see how it is mounted. Surprised Ford didnt get this produced. I have some ~ 20year old surf racks from Hawaii when I lived there and they should slide perfectly over the 1x1. Then a quick rhino-liner on it and i'll be excited to see how it turns out !
Chief Ron, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Rank II

Feb 09, 2024

I noticed those ... but $800 ... ?? are they titanium ?
Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Feb 09, 2024

Would these work attached to the roll bar? I've not removed my top yet so I am not an expert, just curious.
https://www.curvesurf.com/products/...d-racks-surfboard-car-rack-sup-racks-lockdown

Rank 0

Feb 09, 2024

I noticed those ... but $800 ... ?? are they titanium ?

$550 they are pretty heavy duty and made in the US... cost of steel must be high here!

Rank 0

Feb 09, 2024

Would these work attached to the roll bar? I've not removed my top yet so I am not an expert, just curious.
https://www.curvesurf.com/products/...d-racks-surfboard-car-rack-sup-racks-lockdown

yep- soft top closes over it.

Rank II

Feb 10, 2024

Something like this ? Here is version 0.1
If you look at the back, I use my clamping "thumb" screws.
I can do the same at the front making it a "tool-less" install, and likely a 30 second install/removal :)

Dan
BroncoBikini.com

Attachments

Laura, TK1215

Rank IV

Feb 10, 2024

I can do the same at the front making it a "tool-less" install, and likely a 30 second install/removal :)

Dan
BroncoBikini.com

Would love this for our SUPs during the summer, just couldn't justify the >$500 price tag for the SMS though.
2022 4-dr Badlands, Cyber Orange, 2.7L, High Package, Optional BL Wheels

Rank II

Feb 10, 2024

@microbellis like this ? ๐Ÿ˜Ž
@BroncoBetty21

Happy to sell it to anyone for the cheap/cheap. Will come with all mounting hardware.

I had some stainless eye bolts laying around, so it's 100% tool-less now, quick install and removal and you now have tie down points !

I also decided to mount the rear bar over the roll cage, and not where Ford originally placed it. Where Ford had it, it is directly over head of the rear seat passengers, and you are unable to stand up on the rear seats w/o hitting it. Farther back gives it a more custom and sleek look and it's out of the way.

And it's 100% compatible with BroncoBikini.com , so you can enjoy the sun, and keep your interior nice and protected from the sun or even summer shower !

Lots O Fords, Unicorn

Rank IV

Feb 10, 2024

@BroncoBetty21

Happy to sell it to anyone for the cheap/cheap. Will come with all mounting hardware.

I had some stainless eye bolts laying around, so it's 100% tool-less now, quick install and removal and you now have tie down points !

I also decided to mount the rear bar over the roll cage, and not where Ford originally placed it. Where Ford had it, it is directly over head of the rear seat passengers, and you are unable to stand up on the rear seats w/o hitting it. Farther back gives it a more custom and sleek look and it's out of the way.

And it's 100% compatible with BroncoBikini.com , so you can enjoy the sun, and keep your interior nice and protected from the sun or even summer shower !

Looks perfect. I'm in if not gone already. If it's gone already, will there be a version 0.2?

Rank II

Feb 11, 2024

Looks perfect. I'm in if not gone already. If it's gone already, will there be a version 0.2?

@microbellis , hit the contact button on BroncoBikini.com or shoot me a DM here.

I rode around with it all day, and it's pretty much perfect, i dont think I'd change a thing. It's unpainted, so you'd have to pick the color of your choice to paint it, or I'd recommend a can of bed-liner from home depot so it has a bullet proof coating. Or even a badlands orange color.

I drove it around town today and totally quiet, not even one whistle sound out of them.

-Dan
microbellis

Life is a Highway

Feb 11, 2024

@BroncoBetty21

Love the creativity!
Deano Bronc, Laura

Rank 0

Feb 14, 2024

Dan
BroncoBikini.com

that's awesome! good for you!

Rank II

Feb 16, 2024

I have a few sets of these ready to ship out - Raw or BedLine Coated.
9-Sets to be exact

1708091870999.png

1708091906957.png

1708091932311.png
microbellis, Unicorn

Rank IV

Feb 16, 2024

I have a few sets of these ready to ship out - Raw or BedLine Coated.
9-Sets to be exact

1708091870999.png

1708091906957.png

1708091932311.png
Thanks again for everything, Dan! Looking forward to getting these on along with your charcoal BroncoBikini bimini to keep the Chesapeake Bay off my head. I've loved that Riptide concept as soon as I saw it, so this is perfect.

I'll post pics as soon as these snow storms end and the top can finally come down. Come on warmer weather!
djp