Bronco Door Sill Protectors

MIGeezer
Jan 27, 2024

Rank V

Jan 27, 2024

I have been looking at a number of these. I found one set that are made from a carbon fiber. Any feedback from those that have, pros & cons, and where you purchased them.

Thanks,
Dave

Rank II

Jan 27, 2024

Hi Dave,
I spent some time reviewing various options and settled on the OEM Bronco sill protectors, partly as I could use my Ford points to pay but mostly as I do like to use OEM bits and pieces when I can.
I wanted the protectors as I head onto the beach whenever I can and from past experience, bare feet & sandals covered in sand eat up your sill paint pretty quick.
So far they have done the trick and look ok too.
I hope this helps.
AngusMac13

I trust the dirt

Jan 27, 2024

Got mine from Fast Intentions. They have Raptor and Bronco with different logos and color options. They are holding up real well. This is in direct sunlight so it is showing more marks than usual. I really haven't noticed any until I looked at this pic. My Bronco is dirty all the time. Where I live I just clean it every now and then to keep it to a dull roar. Looks like I need to now...haha. I think I just spilled something on these before this pic. I remember wiping up the mark beside the sill plate. i was taking a picture of the rock rails.

I went with the orange as I have code orange belts and a few other pieces of orange trim. They tie in well with the rest of the truck which you can't see here. I would definitely recommend these if you like what they produce. They seem robust and stick real well for a thin sill plate protector.
IMG_2817 jpeg.jpg
23 Bronco Raptor, code orange belts, keyless, lux, leather trim/suede seats, carbon fibre, shadow black
Johnny Mo, Deano Bronc

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Jan 27, 2024

I too went with Fast Intentions for my Badlands sill protectors. The pricing is good, and the sills are of good quality. Have a look...

https://www.fastintentions.com/product/f-i-bronco-6g-sill-guards/
Deano Bronc, Roughstock11

Rank VI

Jan 27, 2024

I went with the OEM titanium protectors.
20220212_110709.jpg
CO OBX 2dr. 2.7l, 4.27 rear locker, tow, Lux, Aux switches, roof rails, Roast Leather. 7/14/20 res, 1/30/21 order.
12/13/21 build week. Blend date 12/16/21 Built 12/29/21 Brought home 1/1/22
Bluestreak57, the poacher

Rank VI

Jan 27, 2024

I went with these. No complaints so far.
7/14/20 Res - 2/1/22 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/9 Built - 3/15 at dealer - 3/17 Deliverd
WT, 4DR, MIC, CO, Lux, Leather, Tow
THE Buckeye Bronco, Twilliger

GASQUATCH

Jan 27, 2024

I bought the ones off of amazon 2 years ago that have BRONCO script on it....and are still working great and do the job.
2022 Badlands / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Auto / 2DR / MIC / Bestop Trektop / LUX / 12000# Badland winch / in Hot Pepper Red
Roughstock11

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Jan 27, 2024

I've always purchased these after I scratch up the paint . How would I know which ones to buy otherwise :)
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Deano Bronc, 73chesney

Rank IV

Jan 27, 2024

I don’t understand the need. Step on the plastic part like designed.

Rank V

Jan 27, 2024

Thanks to all for the feedback...even Extra Toasty!!
Bluestreak57, extra toasty

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Jan 27, 2024

I don’t understand the need. Step on the plastic part like designed.

You and I, and the rest of the Bronco owners understand this. Unfortunately, the rest of the planet does not.

Rank II

Jan 28, 2024

I'm looking into the sill protectors as well. One reason is to prevent accidental scratching from occurring while entering or exiting especially for rear seat passengers since I have a two door. Another is I like the look of them compared to the look of the sill without anything. The 3rd reason is that it affords one more area that can be personalized to a degree without too much expense. To each their own though.
Deano Bronc, Darrel

Rank IV

Jan 28, 2024

I'm looking into the sill protectors as well. One reason is to prevent accidental scratching from occurring while entering or exiting especially for rear seat passengers since I have a two door. Another is I like the look of them compared to the look of the sill without anything. The 3rd reason is that it affords one more area that can be personalized to a degree without too much expense. To each their own though.

I have the black rubber that covers most of the contact area, and they work really good. My experience with the shiny or carbon look is they seem to show scratches.

Attachments

the poacher, Twilliger

Rank IV

Jan 28, 2024

I have the black rubber that covers most of the contact area, and they work really good. My experience with the shiny or carbon look is they seem to show scratches.
Maybe people need to get protectors for their protectors. 😉
Deano Bronc, the poacher

Rank 0

Jan 28, 2024

Extra Toasty: Like the black rubber sill protectors, where did you get yours?

Really Likes Pi

Feb 13, 2024

I also went with Fast Intentions. I did the ones with the Bronco on them.

Sill Guards from Fast Intentions

Like others have said, I have had no issues thus far and my 8-year old daughter climbs in and out on them 4 times a week in her equestrian boots and sometimes forgets to remove the spurs.
the poacher

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Feb 13, 2024

what company makes these?
Twilliger

Rank VI

Feb 13, 2024

what company makes these?

Found them on Amazon.

Amazon.com: LBNCOBAG Bronco Door Sill Protector for 2021 2022 2023 2024 Ford Bronco 4 Door Accessories Door Sill Guard Protection Kit Door Edge Guards : Automotive
7/14/20 Res - 2/1/22 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/9 Built - 3/15 at dealer - 3/17 Deliverd
WT, 4DR, MIC, CO, Lux, Leather, Tow

Rank II

Feb 15, 2024

I chose to go with those as well. I liked the reference to the original 1966. Easy install as well.
Adrenalin, 73chesney

Rank III

Feb 20, 2024

I got mine from Mabett and they’ve been fine thus far.
2023 Wildtrak 4D Lux MIC Tow Oxford White
Roughstock11