B&M Precision Manual Sportshifter

Broncley
Dec 24, 2023

Rank II

Dec 24, 2023

Hello,
wondering if anyone has done this? I believe it adds 3 inches in height. I like the old school truck shifter height look. I have the BOOMBA weighted shifter but am thinking I might want to go all in and get this. I love my manual transmission! Appreciate all feedback.
Thanks.

Rank II

Dec 24, 2023

Pic attached.

Attachments

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Dec 25, 2023

Id consider it, but its like my boomba is glued on
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics

Rank II

Dec 25, 2023

Out with the BOOMBA and in with B&M?!?!

Attachments

Tricky Dick

Bailing forward!

Dec 25, 2023

How long did the install take? I have one waiting.

Rank II

Dec 25, 2023

How long did the install take? I have one waiting.

I have not installed the B&M one. I have not bought it yet. I am in contemplation / research mode. As for the BOOMBA one it takes a few minutes. I had my dealership do it as I am not mechanically inclined. The B&M one is a more complex install as you are removing the console etc. If I got one I would have my dealership to it as well. My Bronco is a 2023 so I don’t want to do anything to jeopardize my warranty.

Rank VI

Dec 27, 2023

I was talking to a guy who installed one on his in Wisconsin and he loved it! I tested the feel and it was a lot better than stock. He did say it took some time to get it all aligned where he wanted it but overall stated it wasn't too bad of a project. I think in a year or so I'll try getting one for my bronco but for now I'll stick with my white cue ball 1000001612.jpg
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
the poacher

Rank II

Dec 27, 2023

I was talking to a guy who installed one on his in Wisconsin and he loved it! I tested the feel and it was a lot better than stock. He did say it took some time to get it all aligned where he wanted it but overall stated it wasn't too bad of a project. I think in a year or so I'll try getting one for my bronco but for now I'll stick with my white cue ball 1000001612.jpg

Thanks for the info and I love the cue ball. Had one in my 2007 Yellow Solstice GXP.

Attachments

IL21Bronco

Trying To Get Lost

Dec 27, 2023

Out with the BOOMBA and in with B&M?!?!

That B&M looks super nice.

Rank II

Dec 31, 2023

I am now really thinking about this. I would go orange with a black shift pattern. Did you get yours from Twisted Shifterz? Any install issues / problems? Like i mentioned I had one in my Solstice GXP and loved it.
IL21Bronco

Rank VI

Jan 06, 2024

I am now really thinking about this. I would go orange with a black shift pattern. Did you get yours from Twisted Shifterz? Any install issues / problems? Like i mentioned I had one in my Solstice GXP and loved it.

Nope install was straight forward as long as long as you get the adapter that comes with the bronco specific one. It was twisted shifter and I absolutely love it and it fits better in my hand than the stock one. I got my custom shift boot from Redline goods and also really like the quality of the leather and look of it if you are interested in getting aftermarket shift boot also. They have hundreds of different options too.

Attachments

Rank II

Jan 06, 2024

Nope install was straight forward as long as long as you get the adapter that comes with the bronco specific one. It was twisted shifter and I absolutely love it and it fits better in my hand than the stock one. I got my custom shift boot from Redline goods and also really like the quality of the leather and look of it if you are interested in getting aftermarket shift boot also. They have hundreds of different options too.

Thanks for getting back to me. I will now go with the orange cue ball shifter from Twisted. Will also look into the custom shift boot. I went that route when I had my Solstice and loved it. Again, thanks for the info.
IL21Bronco

Rank VI

Jan 06, 2024

I love mine! I've had it on for around a year, or whenever they first came out. The height is amazing, the engagement is solid, and it just looks cool. I opted to keep the OEM knob on, as the knob supplied felt kind of on the cheap side. Archetype has some different knobs coming out that, I am sure, will be top quality. They are a "weighted" knob, I believe around a pound. I am currently waiting on the black knob with bright characters.

https://archetyperacing.com/collections/bronco-gear

A couple of points to consider with the B&M shifter from my experience. One, make sure you follow the last step in the instructions. I didn't do it on mine because I needed to get it back home to make an appointment. The last step has you recenter the neutral positions of the shift cables. If you don't do this, it will feel like the even gears (2,4,6) barely engage, even with great effort. You have to release some clips on the shift cables under the Bronco and the tabs are pretty easy to break. All that to say, take caution and make sure the cables actually recenter.

Two, after probably 6 months, shift effort became EXTREMELY difficult. Like, I mean I had to pull with about 20-25 pounds of force to get it to shift. I could not reach anyone at Holly to speak to about the issue after multiple call attempts. Finally, I started to take the shifter apart and, before completely removing, I sprayed all the plastic bushings with some chain lubricant (all I had in the cabinet) and wow! Shift effort returned to probably 1-2 pounds of effort. It seems the grease that came in the shifter was either insufficient or had somehow broken down. Shift feel is still great to this day after at least 6 months after lubricating.

If you're on the fence about going with the shifter, I would recommend doing it. Aside from the couple hiccups, it is amazing.

I hope that helps!
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - John Muir
"The mountains are calling, and I must go..." - John Muir
BN #0120
Tricky Dick, the poacher

Rank II

Feb 06, 2024

Had my dealership do the install. My Boomba weighted shifter had been loc tite’ on so it was a bugger to remove. They final got it off.
Here is my new “Twistedsifterz“ ball shifter and Redline boot cover. She feels great. I love it!!!!!

Attachments

Micahman, IL21Bronco

Rank VI

Feb 07, 2024

Had my dealership do the install. My Boomba weighted shifter had been loc tite’ on so it was a bugger to remove. They final got it off.
Here is my new “Twistedsifterz“ ball shifter and Redline boot cover. She feels great. I love it!!!!!

Looks great!

Rank II

Feb 07, 2024

Looks great!

Thanks. Kudos to you for your post of your ball shifter and leather boot. That was my inspiration.
IL21Bronco