My own Easter egg.

Unicorn
Dec 13, 2023

I am of Scottish decent and I ride a Unicorn.

Dec 13, 2023

I know that most people say remove the dealership stickers... I usually have the minute I get home. But I wanted to add my own Easter egg to the bronco. This is really for the old-timer locals. My Bronco is a Heritage paying tribute to the 1966 Bronco... so in 1966 there was only one dealership in this valley where you could have purchased said bronco.... They have been defunct for 23 years now. Bought out by bigger fish. They were a good dealership though. So I am paying tribute to that 1966 era.

BuckYeah, Robert Parker

Gladesmen

Dec 13, 2023

I know that most people say remove the dealership stickers... I usually have the minute I get home. But I wanted to add my own Easter egg to the bronco. This is really for the old-timer locals. My Bronco is a Heritage paying tribute to the 1966 Bronco... so in 1966 there was only one dealership in this valley where you could have purchased said bronco.... They have been defunct for 23 years now. Bought out by bigger fish. They were a good dealership though. So I am paying tribute to that 1966 era.

that is cool, you probably get some ole timers scratching their heads at that.

Man I love Boise, Barbacoa Grill is the bee’s knee’s. It’s Been a while since I visited IPCO.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Robert Parker, Chief Ron

Dec 13, 2023

that is cool, you probably get some ole timers scratching their heads at that.

Man I love Boise, Barbacoa Grill is the bee’s knee’s. It’s Been a while since I visited IPCO.

IPCO??? Idaho Power Company??? only reason I ask is because I have a family connection to IPCO.

Owner of Barbacoa died in 2020, family runs it now. Still pretty darn good last I was there.
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Gladesmen

Dec 14, 2023

IPCO??? Idaho Power Company??? only reason I ask is because I have a family connection to IPCO.

Owner of Barbacoa died in 2020, family runs it now. Still pretty darn good last I was there.

Yes Idaho Power. Did a few substation designs for them. Sad to hear the owner died but good to hear it is still good. Last time I was there was 2019.
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Dec 14, 2023

Yes Idaho Power. Did a few substation designs for them. Sad to hear the owner died but good to hear it is still good. Last time I was there was 2019.

Substation Design? cool... Dad was in charge of the BOC (All distribution) back in the 80s got promoted out of it in the 90s. Retired in 99.... So I got to hear all about transmission and distribution for the 30 years he worked there... Back in the 90s he even had them as the number one solar company in the world.... Next guy up got them out of it in the early 2000s.... In hind sight.... probably should have followed dads lead.

(He referred to it as Photo Voltaics....as opposed to the common Solar today)
Jakob1972

Bailing forward!

Dec 14, 2023

The car I was allowed to use in high school (Parma) was a 86 F250 with a Bob Rice sticker. I had forgotten all about that.

Dec 14, 2023

The car I was allowed to use in high school (Parma) was a 86 F250 with a Bob Rice sticker. I had forgotten all about that.

Damn... Someone else from the valley! Cool. I purchased an 89 Mustang from them, my first "new" car purchase.... In high school (Boise High) though I drove a 67 Firebird (yes it was used but I bought it from the original owner). I have a few years on you.
Tricky Dick

Gladesmen

Dec 14, 2023

Substation Design? cool... Dad was in charge of the BOC (All distribution) back in the 80s got promoted out of it in the 90s. Retired in 99.... So I got to hear all about transmission and distribution for the 30 years he worked there... Back in the 90s he even had them as the number one solar company in the world.... Next guy up got them out of it in the early 2000s.... In hind sight.... probably should have followed dads lead.

(He referred to it as Photo Voltaics....as opposed to the common Solar today)

Isn't that how it goes. but I get it as IPCO is pretty big on Hydro.

Haha, we call them Photo Voltaics but we just call them PVs for short. and BESS for battery storage, and they are wind turbines not wind mills. LOL (warning nerd moment) those wind turbine blades are spinning about 150 miles and hour. if you ever stand under one and watch the tip it is like a NASCAR race.

Oh I could really geek out about this stuff, like at Parties when someone ask what I do for a living. When I try to explain it to them their eyes glaze over and I know I have lost them, so I just tell people I am in Renewables.
Sven, Deano Bronc

Dec 14, 2023

Isn't that how it goes. but I get it as IPCO is pretty big on Hydro.

Haha, we call them Photo Voltaics but we just call them PVs for short. and BESS for battery storage, and they are wind turbines not wind mills. LOL (warning nerd moment) those wind turbine blades are spinning about 150 miles and hour. if you ever stand under one and watch the tip it is like a NASCAR race.

Oh I could really geek out about this stuff, like at Parties when someone ask what I do for a living. When I try to explain it to them their eyes glaze over and I know I have lost them, so I just tell people I am in Renewables.

Well you and I could sit in the corner and discuss this all night... I would just pepper you with questions. Still trying to design my own off grid system.... Vacillating between redox flow and sodium ions.... PV are more bang for my buck but probably need some wind in the winter months.... problem is height. Then playing with Hydrogen Fuel cells and electrolyzers for more seasonal fluctuation. Problem there is storage costs.... OH yea... I could spend hours picking your brain!
Jakob1972

Dec 14, 2023

Boise Broncos just participated in the Parma Christmas Parade.... I was not able to participate because my Bronco was in getting PPF.

Rank V

Dec 15, 2023

if you have a good dealer why remove the sticker. It helps them get stronger which helps all the customers.

If you had a mark up dealer I would get another sticker made to apply next to their dealer sticker to advertise such.
Jakob1972

Dec 15, 2023

if you have a good dealer why remove the sticker. It helps them get stronger which helps all the customers.

If you had a mark up dealer I would get another sticker made to apply next to their dealer sticker to advertise such.

I do not think you understand the purpose..... I liked my salesman... Dealer is okay... I always remove "advertising" when I can ( unless they are paying me). Can not really advertise for this dealer though since the have been defunct for almost a quarter century.... This is just a nod to 1966, my "easter egg".
Sven

Rank IV

Dec 15, 2023

I think that easter egg is cool. Those little things are always neat.
I was recently at a car show and saw a 3" sticker on a car from a long forgotten local drag strip, Beeline Dragway. The owner and I got to visit about our memories of that place. All because of a sticker / easter egg.
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Dec 15, 2023

I do not think you understand the purpose..... I liked my salesman... Dealer is okay... I always remove "advertising" when I can ( unless they are paying me). Can not really advertise for this dealer though since the have been defunct for almost a quarter century.... This is just a nod to 1966, my "easter egg".

I get it...it was an idea, new thought...get that??

Dec 15, 2023

I get it...it was an idea, new thought...get that??

My apologies....

I understand what you are saying, but I have no beef with the dealer but at the same time have no inclination to advertise for them. So I am sorry that your idea did not register with me... I was focused on tying back to history.

Bailing forward!

Dec 15, 2023

Boise Broncos just participated in the Parma Christmas Parade.... I was not able to participate because my Bronco was in getting PPF.

I left 20 years ago but still make it down about once a year to see family. I cross paths with some of those guys at some NW events though.

Dec 15, 2023

I left 20 years ago but still make it down about once a year to see family. I cross paths with some of those guys at some NW events though.

Be nice to meet you in person one of these days then.
Tricky Dick

Gladesmen

Dec 16, 2023

Well you and I could sit in the corner and discuss this all night... I would just pepper you with questions. Still trying to design my own off grid system.... Vacillating between redox flow and sodium ions.... PV are more bang for my buck but probably need some wind in the winter months.... problem is height. Then playing with Hydrogen Fuel cells and electrolyzers for more seasonal fluctuation. Problem there is storage costs.... OH yea... I could spend hours picking your brain!
Pick all you want but I am more on the MV and HV side of things. 34,500-500,000 volts kinda stuff.

Dec 16, 2023

Pick all you want but I am more on the MV and HV side of things. 34,500-500,000 volts kinda stuff.

So just like Dad, you tend to be on the transmission side as opposed to the distribution side. I think that was the happiest I ever saw him., when he was working that side of the equation. He would take me out to 250 towers showing off his work.
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972