Cluster swap

Duke Silver
Dec 05, 2023

Rank IV

Dec 05, 2023

Has any one with a Big Bend (Mine is a '22)that does not have the lift gate button on light cluster successful swap out the cluster and it work with out any issues?

Do not need comments on if you think the button is worth it or not, useless, point less...etc...(Plenty of those types of comments on others forums) Just looking to see if anyone has made the swap and it just works or if forscan is needed.Bronco sport light cluster with out lift gate button.jpgBronco Sport Head Light cluster with lift gate button.jpg
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend Carbonized Gray
Laura

Rank VI

Dec 05, 2023

Hmmm, well, didn't know there even was a lift gate button on that cluster.

But I will say, I have a Base and did purchase the headlight switch with the fog light button. Haven't installed it yet, but do know that it will require ForScan to get the fog lights to work. So I would "assume" that you'd need to make a change in ForScan to get the lift gate to light up as well.

Oh and.. I'd think it's pretty useless as well 😉
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Chief Ron
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Dec 05, 2023

I wondered why you included the "useless" portion until I read this thread and the varied opinions. I can't find anyone yet that's done it, however. It does seem like a swap someone may attempt and succeed at, if they invest the time into wiring.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
EvlNvrDys

Rank VI

Dec 05, 2023

I wondered why you included the "useless" portion until I read this thread and the varied opinions. I can't find anyone yet that's done it, however. It does seem like a swap someone may attempt and succeed at, if they invest the time into wiring.

Well now I'm more confused. Are we really talking about a Bronco? That's why I threw the dig in about useless. Or are we talking about a Sport here? Either way, I still stand by most likely need to ForScan after (or before) the install.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Duke Silver, Laura

Life is a Highway

Dec 05, 2023

Well now I'm more confused. Are we really talking about a Bronco? That's why I threw the dig in about useless. Or are we talking about a Sport here? Either way, I still stand by most likely need to ForScan after (or before) the install.
Looks like it is a sport and they accidentally posted it in the general Bronco discussion. @Laura can we move it over to the appropriate thread?
Duke Silver

Life is a Highway

Dec 05, 2023

Moved it to the Bronco Sport thread
the poacher, Duke Silver
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Dec 05, 2023

Yes, we're talking Bronco Sport! I didn't see what forum we were in, so thanks for moving, Tim. I just try to keep a careful memory bank of who owns what vehicle on here and sometimes my memory is right 😂

ETA: I also keep a running tally of your offenses, @EvlNvrDys, to ban when it reaches the tipping point.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Jakob1972, EvlNvrDys

Life is a Highway

Dec 05, 2023

Yes, we're talking Bronco Sport! I didn't see what forum we were in, so thanks for moving, Tim. I just try to keep a careful memory bank of who owns what vehicle on here and sometimes my memory is right 😂

ETA: I also keep a running tally of your offenses, @EvlNvrDys, to ban when it reaches the tipping point.

Laura you could just as well insert @TK1215 on the ban list!
Jakob1972, EvlNvrDys

Rank IV

Dec 06, 2023

Sorry i posted in the wrong forum...
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend Carbonized Gray
Sven, TK1215

Life is a Highway

Dec 06, 2023

Sorry i posted in the wrong forum...

All good! I read them all, some will only exclusively look at one generation or another. I like to read and appreciate posts regarding all generations.
Duke Silver, Sven