Oil Filter Relocation?

Ben221
Dec 01, 2023

Rank II

Dec 01, 2023

Anyone does this yet? Location seems to be horrible. We could add a larger filter this way. Not sure if it’s needed but wondering.

Burrito Connoisseur

Dec 01, 2023

I assume you are talking about the 2.3L since the 2.7L oil filter is extremely easy to get to.

There are a few kits available for the Mustang's 2.3L, but I have not seen any for the Bronco yet. Someone tried to install one of the Mustang kits and ended up running into clearance issues—which makes sense. The Mustang's engine bay obviously has a little more room for activities since it is sized for a V-8.

I do remember seeing a post of someone who did DIY relocation kit... I'll see if I can find that post,
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Laura, Chief Ron

Bailing forward!

Dec 01, 2023

I reach up from underneath instead of going though the fender. I find it much easier and it has pushed away any thoughts of relocating.
615_Bronco, Laura

Burrito Connoisseur

Dec 01, 2023

Found the post I was talking about... it was over on Bronco6G. LINK

I reach up from underneath instead of going though the fender. I find it much easier and it has pushed away any thoughts of relocating.

I have no idea how you manage to do that. It seems like it should be easier to go underneath but I can't make it work. Arm just doesn't bend that way. Maybe if I had the Bronco on a lift it would be doable, but from my driveway it ain't happening.

My tactic (4 minute mark of the video)

2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Laura

Rank II

Dec 01, 2023

Yes. 2.3. Links to parts. $139 or so

Derale 35703 Premium Engine...

Remember, you need 4 of these guys:
EVIL ENERGY 10AN Flare to 10AN...
Derale 25708 Remote Filter Mount Kit
EVIL ENERGY 10AN PTFE Fuel Line Fitting Kit,E85 Stainless Steel Braided Fuel Hose 10FT(1/2Inch ID) https://a.co/d/1RX63mA
Chief Ron