Bronco Changes and MY Updates

Jakob1972
Nov 17, 2023

Gladesmen

Nov 17, 2023

Hey all forgive me if this has been posted. But is there a thread that lists all the changes/unique things about each MY 6th gen Bronco. You all know the guy that knows everything there is about each model year vehicle, Like the 2008 Chevy Malibu is the only year with a side maker in the fender. or That they only offered the AMB in the 2021 Bronco. Not that I could remember this but could we start a list of all the changes/updates to the Bronco.

MY 2022 does not have the temperature read out in the HVAC dials on the duel zone HVACs
MY 22 they added a rear sway bar for the 4 doors (i think)
MY23 HOSS 3.0 option for Wildtrak
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Deano Bronc, Laura

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 18, 2023

Sounds like it's time to start the list!!

Here is off the top of my head:

2021MY - Pre-Job 1
  • Stand-along option changes
    • Modular hard top deleted
    • Dual-top option deleted

2021MY
  • Stand-alone option changes
    • Hard-top prep kit now standard on all 4-door Broncos (Late Option)
    • Sound deadening headliner now standard on all trims except Black Diamond and Badlands (Late Option)
  • Misc
    • Several dealers were provided Wildtrak Broncos with a hard top delete due to constraints

2022MY
  • Series changes
    • Removed First Edition
  • Color changes
    • Removed Lightning Blue
    • Removed Rapid Red
    • Removed Anti-matter Blue
    • Added Hot Pepper Red
    • Added Eruption Green
    • Cyber Orange is now available on Base and Big Bend
  • Package changes
    • Sasquatch package now available on manual transmission
    • Slide-out tailgate added as an optional option on some trims.
    • Keyless entry keypad is now body-color matched to the vehicle
    • Soft top option added to Wildtrak
  • Misc
    • Due to parts constraints, 2022 models do not have digital readouts on the dual-zone climate control dials
    • Wildtrak side mirrors & door handles are now MIC-colored rather than painted.
    • Capable bumper now standard on Black Diamond and Badlands.
    • Rear sway-bar added to all Sasquatch-equipped Bronco

2022MY - Job 2
  • Series changes
    • Added Everglades
    • Added Raptor
  • Color changes
    • Added Desert Tan - Everglades exclusive
    • Added Code Orange - Raptor exclusive
  • Package changes
    • Added HOSS 3.0 - Optional upgrade for Wildtrak
  • Misc
    • Some late 2022 stock models had Navigation delete options due to component constraints.

2023MY
  • Series changes
    • Added Heritage
    • Added Heritage Limited
  • Color changes
    • Deleted Desert Sand
    • Deleted Cyber Orange
    • Added Yellowstone - Heritage Limited exclusive
    • Added Azure Gray
  • Package changes
    • HOSS 3.0 now standard on Wildtrak
  • Misc
    • Optional Badlands 17x8.0 beadlock-capable wheels deleted
    • Due to parts constraints, some 2023 builds that normally would have received the LED signature lighting received the base LED headlight package
    • Base 6-speaker system upgraded to a 7-speaker system
      • Due to component constraints, only early 2023MY builds received a 7-speaker system. Most received a 6-speaker with sub delete.

2023MY - Job 2
  • Color changes
    • Added Robin's Egg Blue - Heritage Limited exclusive
    • Front bash plates were removed from the Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper on Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks trims.
    • Added dual-top option
  • Misc
    • Cloth interior deleted from Big Bend
    • Cloth interior deleted from Outer Banks
    • Cloth interior deleted from Wildtrak
    • Marine-grade vinyl with wash-out flooring added to Big Bend

2024MY
  • Series changes
    • Base removed
    • Outer Banks 2-door removed
  • Mechanical changes
    • 2.7L engine removed from Big Bend
    • 2.3L engine with the automatic transmission removed from Badlands
  • Color changes
    • Deleted Code Orange
    • Deleted Area 51
    • Added Shelter Green - Raptor
    • Robin's Egg Blue added to Heritage
  • Package changes
    • Deleted High package
    • Renamed Lux package to High/Lux package.
    • Connected Built-In Navigation removed from High/Lux package
    • Slide out tailgate now standard on Everglades and Heritage 4-door
    • Mid package now available on Big Bend when equipped with manual transmission
    • Deleted keyless entry keypad
    • Trailer Tow Package now a dealer-installed option rather than a factory option
    • Advanced 4x4 transfer case option removed from Black Diamond
  • Misc
    • 12" screen now standard across all trims
    • Heavy-duty bumper now standard on Badlands and Wildtrak
    • Black steel wheels on Black Diamond deleted, making the formerly optional aluminum wheels the standard option
    • Improved, more robust steering rack now standard on Badlands & all Sasquatch-equipped Broncos
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Deano Bronc, Laura

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 18, 2023

I know I'm missing stuff...

The bumpers changed on Wildtrak at some point but I don't know when—they originally started out as plastic bumpers and at some point the capable bumper became standard. And I know the wheel options changed on a few trims as well... but I don't recall the exact details.

And I'm sure there are probably a few other minor changes here and there that I didn't think of.
Laura, PSUTE

I am of Scottish decent and I ride a Unicorn.

Nov 18, 2023

REB was not a heritage color until 24... HEL exclusive in 23 as well as YY

REB is added to all Heritage in 24

HOSS 3 steering rack (rack only) will now be standard on sasquatch package. 24
Deano Bronc, Laura

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 18, 2023

REB was not a heritage color until 24... HEL exclusive in 23 as well as YY

REB is added to all Heritage in 24

HOSS 3 steering rack (rack only) will now be standard on sasquatch package. 24

Updated my list! Thanks. I had my Heritage colors confused for sure.
Jakob1972

No Ragerts

Nov 18, 2023

Great list guys! Reading through all the changes it really has been quite a ride!

The original Dual Top option at launch in 2021 was removed and subsequently added back in 2023

The original figure of 3500 First Editions was increased to 7000
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Deano Bronc, Laura

Gladesmen

Nov 18, 2023

Also MY21 is the only year you could get a soft top on a wildtrak for a limited time. IIRC.
MY 22 Everglades introduced squared off fenders, roof rack, snorkel, winch, special wheels, Mid package with 12 “ screen and no 360 camera. And only offered with the 2.3l auto.
MY23 Heritage gets the squared off fenders, white special wheels and white Modular hard top finally made it to production.
My 24 didn’t they remove the 2.7 V6 option on some trim levels ?

Due to UAW strike and material constraints the MY 23 2-door heritage models production was cut short.
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Deano Bronc, Laura

Nov 18, 2023

Updated my list! Thanks. I had my Heritage colors confused for sure.

Dude! you made a great list! you know your broncos..... Better than I do and I like to think I know a bit about them, more than most at least.... I love your posts.... I read all of them.
Deano Bronc, Laura

Gladesmen

Nov 18, 2023

Dude! you made a great list! you know your broncos..... Better than I do and I like to think I know a bit about them, more than most at least.... I love your posts.... I read all of them.
Yes thank you @RagnarKon this is exactly what I was looking for. Awesome list.
Deano Bronc, Laura

Gladesmen

Nov 18, 2023

Now in 20 years when someone buys a funny Sasquatched Bronco with a plastic steering wheel, they can find out it was a Basesquatch and that they were only produced for 3 Model years.
Deano Bronc, Laura

Gladesmen

Nov 18, 2023

MY 24 MGV becomes standard interior on all trim levels (I’m pretty sure)
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Rank V

Nov 18, 2023

MY 24 MGV becomes standard interior on all trim levels (I’m pretty sure)

Yeah, I hate Vinyl...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Jakob1972, Bschurr

Rank 0

Nov 18, 2023

Our '23 Black Diamond has factory applied rock guard type clear paint protectant (not film) on the rocker panels. Our '22 Black Diamond did not have it.
Deano Bronc, PSUTE

Bill - Enjoy The Journey

Nov 18, 2023

Yeah, I hate Vinyl...

Leather trimmed seats still available for a price in ‘24…
‘22 Cactus Gray / Badlands / Sasquatch / LUX / Leather / MIC
PSUTE

Nov 18, 2023

Our '23 Black Diamond has factory applied rock guard type clear paint protectant (not film) on the rocker panels. Our '22 Black Diamond did not have it.

Help me to understand what type of rock guard type clear paint protectant is "not film" ???
I only know of 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10 mil films PVC, and non PVC.... Is this something sprayed on?

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 18, 2023

Alright I think I've taken the responses from everyone and updated the list accordingly. Also added a few more things that I thought of this morning while I was doing the dishes.

I still am not sure when the capable bumper became an upgrade on Wildtrak, but if anyone remembers let me know.

Keep it coming!
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Will Flyfish for food.

Nov 18, 2023

Didn't they offer the mid package with the manual trans?

Rank 0

Nov 19, 2023

Help me to understand what type of rock guard type clear paint protectant is "not film" ???
I only know of 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10 mil films PVC, and non PVC.... Is this something prayed on?

Yes, It's a thick clear coat with a somewhat bumpy finish sprayed on over the color coat. It's purpose is to prevent rock chips. I didn't notice it until I was applying PPF on the door sills and I went to wrap it under the rocker. It's too bumpy for the PPF to stick to so I had to stop short of it.
Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Nov 19, 2023

Didn't they offer the mid package with the manual trans?

With the badlands you could get all trims with the manual, you could get a Badman with lux. I think the lower trim levels you could only get mid package with the manual.

Will Flyfish for food.

Nov 19, 2023

With the badlands you could get all trims with the manual, you could get a Badman with lux. I think the lower trim levels you could only get mid package with the manual.

Lower trims you could only get the mid package with the slushbox.

Now you can get the mid package with manual but its a lot of money for heated seats, most of the other crap that comes with it is auto trans only. plus with the vinyl you need a seat cover for winter so the whole thing is moot, put on a heated seat cover and save $1600.But 43k for a Big Bend with only mid package is nuts.
Jakob1972