Purchase or Lease? Ford Financing?!

Shadowblade
Jul 16, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 16, 2021

So I’ve been going back and forth on this, and it’s mainly because of rumors and speculation. I’ve been told that the Bronco is BUY only, no option to lease. I have an FE on the way and was thinking about leasing it like I have the last 15 vehicles I’ve “owned”. Does anyone know if we can lease a Bronco? If so, does it have any limitations like special trims like the FE are not allowed to be leased? Is there a modification limit on them if they are leased? Mainly I’m interested in the lease option because of monthly payment. That said, when I look at Ford Financing, 5% APR for a NEW VEHICLE!!! NO THANK YOU FORD! So if I can’t lease, and I want to use Ford Financing, are there any special rates or things a good/great credit purchases can get into?

Simple math on an FE with an MSRP of $63k states that with $0 down and 60 months, you are over $1,000 a month in payment and that doesn’t even include the APR. If you put money down and your APR is 5%, you need a lot of money down to get that number under $1k for a monthly payment. So I’m looking for my options to see what I really want to spend. Of course there’s the classic dealer sales person of “What do you want your monthly payment to be?”, to which I always respond, “Nothing, so give me the keys and let’s be done. :LOL:(y)” (Yes I’m a smart-arse about it, and no offense to sales people, I get the point.)

I’m currently looking at acquiring external financing from Ford, due to the high APR I’m being quoted. I haven’t really started negotiations with my dealer, just going off the initial conversation, and my order is supposed to be built next month, so I’m “planning ahead”.

Curious what others are thinking about Buying, Leasing, Rates, and such. Please let the conversing being!
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 16, 2021

So I’ve been going back and forth on this, and it’s mainly because of rumors and speculation. I’ve been told that the Bronco is BUY only, no option to lease. I have an FE on the way and was thinking about leasing it like I have the last 15 vehicles I’ve “owned”. Does anyone know if we can lease a Bronco? If so, does it have any limitations like special trims like the FE are not allowed to be leased? Is there a modification limit on them if they are leased? Mainly I’m interested in the lease option because of monthly payment. That said, when I look at Ford Financing, 5% APR for a NEW VEHICLE!!! NO THANK YOU FORD! So if I can’t lease, and I want to use Ford Financing, are there any special rates or things a good/great credit purchases can get into?

Simple math on an FE with an MSRP of $63k states that with $0 down and 60 months, you are over $1,000 a month in payment and that doesn’t even include the APR. If you put money down and your APR is 5%, you need a lot of money down to get that number under $1k for a monthly payment. So I’m looking for my options to see what I really want to spend. Of course there’s the classic dealer sales person of “What do you want your monthly payment to be?”, to which I always respond, “Nothing, so give me the keys and let’s be done. :LOL:(y)” (Yes I’m a smart-arse about it, and no offense to sales people, I get the point.)

I’m currently looking at acquiring external financing from Ford, due to the high APR I’m being quoted. I haven’t really started negotiations with my dealer, just going off the initial conversation, and my order is supposed to be built next month, so I’m “planning ahead”.

Curious what others are thinking about Buying, Leasing, Rates, and such. Please let the conversing being!
I'd be curious if you could buy in year 1, sell in year 2 and possibly make money on the deal?
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
BlackDog

Rank III

Jul 16, 2021

I don't think there will be a lease option on any of the new Broncos for a while. I would also suggest not ordering a 60k + vehicle if you're worried about a monthly payment. On top of that, not putting money down is an awful idea. I plan on talking to a local credit union if I don't get the APR I'm looking for. I have an 800+ credit score and plan to put 12k down as well as trade in a vehicle.
mike hancho III, Mcinfantry

Rank IV

Jul 16, 2021

My dealer told me that you can't lease the Bronco right now. Maybe by model year 23, but that is just me purely speculating.
OBXBroncoGuy

Jul 16, 2021

I don't think there will be a lease option on any of the new Broncos for a while. I would also suggest not ordering a 60k + vehicle if you're worried about a monthly payment. On top of that, not putting money down is an awful idea. I plan on talking to a local credit union if I don't get the APR I'm looking for. I have an 800+ credit score and plan to put 12k down as well as trade in a vehicle.

The not putting money down depends on your APR, if you had a 0%, putting money down would be crazy. If you are worrying about a monthly payment, you really shouldn’t buy a new car
KennyMac, Mcinfantry

Rank II

Jul 16, 2021

On the Ford website when you build a bronco it shows a lease payment option
SpiderMonkey871, Bronco_Girl

Rank III

Jul 16, 2021

The not putting money down depends on your APR, if you had a 0%, putting money down would be crazy. If you are worrying about a monthly payment, you really shouldn’t buy a new car
I get where you're coming from but no one is getting 0% on a new Bronco.

Rank VI

Jul 16, 2021

To be clear I will be putting money down, but I always start my thoughts at worst case and then assess where I’m best at.
@lonzo71 & @Jluf

Home, home on the range

Jul 16, 2021

I'll be shopping for better rates before talking to Ford. I'm hoping by saying I can get this rate from bank/credit union they may match it or come close.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
KennyMac, Bronc96

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 16, 2021

On the Ford website when you build a bronco it shows a lease payment option
Yup it does. I wouldn't do a lease though, they wouldn't like getting it back with a 7.3 in it.
PSUTE, Bronc96

Rank VI

Jul 16, 2021

Dealer had best rate for well qualified buyers as 3.09% for 72 months. Local credit union was 2.49% for 72 months so hopefully you can get something 3% or under worst case if credit is good
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
KennyMac

Rank IV

Jul 16, 2021

My Credit Union new car loan APR currently is 1.78%
KennyMac, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Jul 16, 2021

Yeah my credit union is running 2.29-2.49 for 48-72 months… but still going to keep shopping and stuff. I’m really curious if any of the already received or dealer workers here on BN, have even seen or discussed leases.

Rank V

Jul 16, 2021

Lease is an option. It is on the Ford website on the build and price tool. So your dealers telling you no are full of $hit.
Bronco_Girl

Rank III

Jul 16, 2021

That comment about not buying a new car is silly. Clearly what the OP (and people) mean when they say they are worried about a monthly is how much it will be. In the context of purchase vs lease that is exactly what the OP is talking about. Its the amount of the payment, not the fact there is a payment. The best option is to buy the vehicle outright and have zero payment. When that is not possible getting a less expensive vehicle is a smart option. In this case the OP is getting a $65,000 FE Bronco. Getting a Base or Big Bend would cut this almost in half and is probably a smart option.

Rank III

Jul 16, 2021

0% APR is always offered in lieu of big rebates. Its never crazy to put money down.

How about a Base or Big Bend instead of a $63K FE? You could save $25K and have a better Bronco.
Bronco_Girl, Munky

Rank III

Jul 16, 2021

0% APR is always offered in lieu of big rebates. Its never crazy to put money down.

How about a Base or Big Bend instead of a $63K FE? You could save $25K and have a better Bronco.
Putting money down……

Hypothetically
if you put 5000 down, drive it off the lot and it gets totaled.

generally you would be paid a depreciated amount because it’s not new. In the insane market this may not apply… but in the past, it has

you actually would lose your $5000 ifyou buy the car for 60,000, and it depreciated 5000, they pay you 55,000…. And you could then replace the 60,000 car with 55?

now of you put zero down, get gap insurance and keep your 5000 cash, vehicle is totaled….

wouldn’t you still have your 5000, and gap covers the difference? 60,000 ins pays 55,000, gap pays the remaining loan and you have 5000 cash in the bank

or am I missing something

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 16, 2021

I would only get gap insurance if I planned on totaling the car.
smknjoe, KennyMac

Rank VI

Jul 17, 2021

I would only get gap insurance if I planned on totaling the car.
Mind the gap.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
smknjoe, PSUTE

Rank VI

Jul 17, 2021

I think many of you are reading this as a discussion of me being able to afford the vehicle, that is not the case. While I can't buy it out right, I'm perfectly capable of buying the car even at $1k+ a month payments. While I can afford it, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in ideas or information. I wanted to hear more what people are thinking for buying/leasing, and what deals or avenues they may be taking.

I'm buying the FE, I had the option to switch to a different trim, but when it came down to it - Badlands with my wants/needs or the First Edition I managed to reserve came out about very close in cost. I'm not going to change trims or anything of that nature.
Girlbronco, DeepCreek