Pulling out all the stops, Bronco Surprise Reveal

VT802Bronco
Oct 08, 2021

Rank III

Oct 08, 2021

Sorry if you already saw it on the "other" forum but thought I'd post it here. I've been patient but its getting down to the wire, have our 9th build week, Nov 1st. I've been tweeting and messaging, emailing any of the powers that be at Ford.

First and foremost, another thanks to the dozens of people who offered words of encouragement and prayers for my wife. Several people have suggested, so after eight canceled build dates I'm asking for your help. Here is our story if you care to read it, and the very scary but happy ending of recent events. @Ford Motor Company, if you have a way of building her truck, if you need me to do something please reach out to me. I know its just a truck but it means a lot to us. I know that Ford Motor Company has had horrendous problems with this rollout, many of them outside of your control. She has been to hell and back and I really want to make her feel special with this new truck. Even if you can just PROMISE November first is really going to be her build week. That would be enough. And for the record, not looking to skip my place in line, everyone deserves to get the truck they've been promised. Super happy for those who are already enjoying theirs and bummed for those who haven't come yet. Hope we see you in the woods and mountains soon. PEACE, Michael

For those who hadn't seen my original posts:

I mentioned in a different thread, the backstory of my Bronco purchase. My wife of 24 years is a breast cancer survivor. It was a brutal fight, she is 6 years out and is doing mostly OK. If you are married to any cancer survivor, you know the battle. When they announced the Bronco build my wife fell in love with the truck. What I didn't tell her was that I made a reservation on day two for a two door Outer Banks in Antimatter Blue. The 2.7 and a few other extras including a roof rack for her Stand Up paddle boards and Kayaks. She works in the ski industry and spends the summer paddling with girlfriends, some who are in cancer treatment, some who are cancer survivors. A lot of them look up to her for all she's been through, for advice and support. She's been driving minivans for the last 20 years hauling our kids around and she thinks she is getting a used Honda CRV in the fall. If the truck arrives in time I'm giving it to her on our anniversary in August. She deserves to drive something cool, something to make her feel young again. I'm making arrangements to do the reveal at the top of our ski mountain after a chairlift ride to the top. If you know us, mums the word. I'll be sure to video the event and share it here. All this waiting is so brutal, thought I'd share something fun with others who are also looking forward to the day their new ride arrives.

Update! Fingers crossed as far as I can tell she doesn't know its coming. The ski mountain gave me permission to drive it to the top to do the reveal there. Our current build week is August 16th, praying. Bought wheels and tires 4 months ago, had them mounted and balanced at our single bay garage in town today. Hoping this blue is the same blue as the flake in Antimatter Blue. Or close. Didn't want to wait and discover they weren't available. I also received my thanks for waiting patiently sticker and poster from Ford today. I really hope the schedule stays, this is killing me. Hope you all are well and more are receiving their trucks and build dates, PEACE Michael

And just recently:

Some of you may know, some may not. Our family had an incredibly frightening scare, starting three weeks ago. Maureen had three ER visits due to excruciating chest pain and difficulty breathing. A CT scan found 4 nodules on her lungs that the radiologist and ER Dr. thought was metastatic breast cancer. A PET scan taken 2 weeks later confirmed that diagnosis, CANCER. We were shattered and scared. We showed up for a needle biopsy of the largest tumor on Monday. This was to determine what type of cancer it was, metastatic breast cancer or a new primary lung cancer so the chemo meds and treatment approach could be dialed in. I had researched survival times for metastasized breast cancer that had spread to the lungs and it was horrible. Either result was bad. The results came Friday, October 1st. Maureen's new birthday. The tumor was NOT CANCER, but a condition that can be relieved with Prednisone. The nodules will most likely go away. Maureen and I, my family and friends all thought that she had lung cancer for over three weeks.

SO IT BRINGS ME TO THIS. Thinking the end is way closer than you ever imagined possible changes everything. Not a single one of us is forever. I can't tell you how it should change you, but I really hope this experience sticks with me so I can keep a better perspective. Please just think about it, for a moment, pull it into you and yours and examine how it would impact you.

I LOVE MY FAMILY. I cannot count the number of people who propped me up, listened to me and Maureen cry. They don't all have our same blood but they are definitely family. Thank you so much for the calls and visits. All three of my boys stood tall and strong, taking care of their responsibilities and supporting their mom. I am blessed. Maureen. My rock, the center of my family and my whole world. The toughest, strongest, most positive person I know. Up all night fighting excruciating pain and a hospital visit? Lets set the alarm for 6am and go to work. (I'll be fine, I'll bring my happy meds with me) You are crazy insane amazing, I and our boys are so lucky to have you. I love you so much. The picture in the post is sunrise on Hogback Mountain, on the way to the lung biopsy at Dartmouth. I had been crying while driving there, worried. We get to the top and she says "OH! it's so pretty, lets stop and take a picture!" I really didn't want to look into the camera, and I remember worrying how much time we had left. And she is smiling. Maureen, you are a crazy beautiful, amazing woman. I and everyone who knows you are blessed. I promise to soak up every second of every moment we have.

Sincerely

The luckiest guy ever

Maureen and Michael.jpeg
2021MY (Hopefully) Two Door Outer Banks, AntiMatter Blue, High, 2.7, Roast, Keyless, Roof Rack, Towing. Live every day.
TheShark, Brsox
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 08, 2021

Rank VI

Oct 08, 2021

Proof that Prayers ARE answered!
14U, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 08, 2021

I'll pray for you both. (y)
Big Bend 2-Door Carbonized Grey 2.7, Auto, MIC Res 7/18/2020, Order 1/19/2021, order 10/28/2021, Sticker 2/18/22. Product 2/21/22, Ship 3/4/22. Rec 3/23/22. Tires: 285/70R17/17x8.5 Black Rhino Abrams.
VT802Bronco, Bronco_Girl

Rank II

Oct 08, 2021

Did you get your bronco? Didnt read

Rank III

Oct 08, 2021

Did you get your bronco? Didnt read
No. November 1st build date. 9th build date so far :(
2021MY (Hopefully) Two Door Outer Banks, AntiMatter Blue, High, 2.7, Roast, Keyless, Roof Rack, Towing. Live every day.
14U, Deano Bronc

OBIE

Oct 08, 2021

Proof that Prayers ARE answered!
My wife is a breast cancer survivor, got it at age 50, she is now 70. Thx for sharing your heartfelt story. Our Outer Banks 2-door 2.7 Tow will be built the last week of Nov, so barely staying a 2021. I should offer that I'm a retired Ford truck engineer, worked on the first Bronco back in 1972.
TheShark, Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Oct 08, 2021

Sorry if you already saw it on the "other" forum but thought I'd post it here. I've been patient but its getting down to the wire, have our 9th build week, Nov 1st. I've been tweeting and messaging, emailing any of the powers that be at Ford.

First and foremost, another thanks to the dozens of people who offered words of encouragement and prayers for my wife. Several people have suggested, so after eight canceled build dates I'm asking for your help. Here is our story if you care to read it, and the very scary but happy ending of recent events. @Ford Motor Company, if you have a way of building her truck, if you need me to do something please reach out to me. I know its just a truck but it means a lot to us. I know that Ford Motor Company has had horrendous problems with this rollout, many of them outside of your control. She has been to hell and back and I really want to make her feel special with this new truck. Even if you can just PROMISE November first is really going to be her build week. That would be enough. And for the record, not looking to skip my place in line, everyone deserves to get the truck they've been promised. Super happy for those who are already enjoying theirs and bummed for those who haven't come yet. Hope we see you in the woods and mountains soon. PEACE, Michael

I mentioned in a different thread, the backstory of my Bronco purchase. My wife of 24 years is a breast cancer survivor. It was a brutal fight, she is 6 years out and is doing mostly OK. If you are married to any cancer survivor, you know the battle. When they announced the Bronco build my wife fell in love with the truck. What I didn't tell her was that I made a reservation on day two for a two door Outer Banks in Antimatter Blue. The 2.7 and a few other extras including a roof rack for her Stand Up paddle boards and Kayaks. She works in the ski industry and spends the summer paddling with girlfriends, some who are in cancer treatment, some who are cancer survivors. A lot of them look up to her for all she's been through, for advice and support. She's been driving minivans for the last 20 years hauling our kids around and she thinks she is getting a used Honda CRV in the fall. If the truck arrives in time I'm giving it to her on our anniversary in August. She deserves to drive something cool, something to make her feel young again. I'm making arrangements to do the reveal at the top of our ski mountain after a chairlift ride to the top. If you know us, mums the word. I'll be sure to video the event and share it here. All this waiting is so brutal, thought I'd share something fun with others who are also looking forward to the day their new ride arrives.

Update! Fingers crossed as far as I can tell she doesn't know its coming. The ski mountain gave me permission to drive it to the top to do the reveal there. Our current build week is August 16th, praying. Bought wheels and tires 4 months ago, had them mounted and balanced at our single bay garage in town today. Hoping this blue is the same blue as the flake in Antimatter Blue. Or close. Didn't want to wait and discover they weren't available. I also received my thanks for waiting patiently sticker and poster from Ford today. I really hope the schedule stays, this is killing me. Hope you all are well and more are receiving their trucks and build dates, PEACE Michael

And just recently:

Some of you may know, some may not. Our family had an incredibly frightening scare, starting three weeks ago. Maureen had three ER visits due to excruciating chest pain and difficulty breathing. A CT scan found 4 nodules on her lungs that the radiologist and ER Dr. thought was metastatic breast cancer. A PET scan taken 2 weeks later confirmed that diagnosis, CANCER. We were shattered and scared. We showed up for a needle biopsy of the largest tumor on Monday. This was to determine what type of cancer it was, metastatic breast cancer or a new primary lung cancer so the chemo meds and treatment approach could be dialed in. I had researched survival times for metastasized breast cancer that had spread to the lungs and it was horrible. Either result was bad. The results came Friday, October 1st. Maureen's new birthday. The tumor was NOT CANCER, but a condition that can be relieved with Prednisone. The nodules will most likely go away. Maureen and I, my family and friends all thought that she had lung cancer for over three weeks.

SO IT BRINGS ME TO THIS. Thinking the end is way closer than you ever imagined possible changes everything. Not a single one of us is forever. I can't tell you how it should change you, but I really hope this experience sticks with me so I can keep a better perspective. Please just think about it, for a moment, pull it into you and yours and examine how it would impact you.

I LOVE MY FAMILY. I cannot count the number of people who propped me up, listened to me and Maureen cry. They don't all have our same blood but they are definitely family. Thank you so much for the calls and visits. All three of my boys stood tall and strong, taking care of their responsibilities and supporting their mom. I am blessed. Maureen. My rock, the center of my family and my whole world. The toughest, strongest, most positive person I know. Up all night fighting excruciating pain and a hospital visit? Lets set the alarm for 6am and go to work. (I'll be fine, I'll bring my happy meds with me) You are crazy insane amazing, I and our boys are so lucky to have you. I love you so much. The picture in the post is sunrise on Hogback Mountain, on the way to the lung biopsy at Dartmouth. I had been crying while driving there, worried. We get to the top and she says "OH! it's so pretty, lets stop and take a picture!" I really didn't want to look into the camera, and I remember worrying how much time we had left. And she is smiling. Maureen, you are a crazy beautiful, amazing woman. I and everyone who knows you are blessed. I promise to soak up every second of every moment we have.

Sincerely

The luckiest guy ever

View attachment 19375
That is so sweet and inspiring!! TY for sharing!

And what a beautiful memory you have now! :giggle:

Rank III

Oct 08, 2021

That is so sweet and inspiring!! TY for sharing!

And what a beautiful memory you have now! :giggle:
She has survived cancer but STILL no Bronco.:(

Moab or bust!!!

Oct 28, 2021

She has survived cancer but STILL no Bronco.:(
Glad you've gotten the greatest blessing of all. The Bronco will just be the cherry on top.
No one knows what His plan is, but hopefully you will get some more great news in November.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
J.bell, VT802Bronco

Rank III

Oct 28, 2021

Glad you've gotten the greatest blessing of all. The Bronco will just be the cherry on top.
No one knows what His plan is, but hopefully you will get some more great news in November.

After a tweet sent to Mike Levine and Jim Farley on Twitter they reached out and arranged shipping direct from the plant off the end of the line. And this message came yesterday :)
)build date.jpg
Sdakotabronco, Gimesnow

Rank I

Oct 28, 2021

Ordered a 2dr Outer Banks AMB. Had to change to eruption green. I am happy that y’all are getting what you want. FYI my wife is a 15 year survivor!
SlashRacer, VT802Bronco
OBXBroncoGuy

Oct 28, 2021

After a tweet sent to Mike Levine and Jim Farley on Twitter they reached out and arranged shipping direct from the plant off the end of the line. And this message came yesterday :)
)View attachment 20419

When you get it, give her a big hug from all of us here! Sincerely best wishes!
JoergH, VT802Bronco

Rank VI

Oct 29, 2021

And just recently:

Sincerely

The luckiest guy ever

View attachment 19375
Read your original post and glad that you are scheduled. My wife is an oncology nurse and this kind of story makes her smile. Here is hoping and praying all goes well from this point forward and so happy you had good news on the recent scare.
21 Wildtrak, Rapid Red, MIC, Tow, Lux, side steps, Built 12/21 delivered 3/22
PSUTE, VT802Bronco

Rank III

Oct 29, 2021

Read your original post and glad that you are scheduled. My wife is an oncology nurse and this kind of story makes her smile. Here is hoping and praying all goes well from this point forward and so happy you had good news on the recent scare.

This came two days ago!!!

build date.jpg
Dmesser92, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Oct 29, 2021

And just recently:

Sincerely

The luckiest guy ever

View attachment 19375
Great story, thanks for sharing!!!
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
VT802Bronco

Libations MOD

Oct 29, 2021

Love it!!
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank III

Nov 14, 2021

And just recently:

Sincerely

The luckiest guy ever

View attachment 19375
They unloaded it this morning:)IMG_3487.jpgIMG_3488.jpg
TheShark, 14U

Moab or bust!!!

Nov 14, 2021

They unloaded it this morning:)View attachment 21917View attachment 21918
Congrats! Your wife is going to love it!
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
14U

Life is a Highway

Nov 14, 2021

Thank you for the update Brother. Even though I don’t know you your wife or your family, I have thought of you and your journey often. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. And congrats on your Bronco! Please keep us posted. Tim
Deano Bronc, KennyMac

Rank VI

Dec 21, 2021

I remember you from over on B6G. Your story stuck with me, and now I saw on the main page here the reveal. I'm happy for both of you, your wife deserves this and probably so much more as I know how hard that battle can be. Congrats!
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Deano Bronc, 14U