Problems Finalizing Order for FE?

TheBluePariah97
Jan 25, 2021

Rank V

Jan 25, 2021

So, my reservation for my FE was converted to an order on Thursday, the 21st. My salesman told me to come Friday to finalize my order, and when I showed up he informed me that the dealership could not finalize my build until Monday because that is when they are allowed to finalize FEs. Fast forward to today, and the same thing is happening, and I will have to wait longer to finalize my FE build. Has anyone else come across this??

I am very confused as to why my dealership can't finalize FEs but other dealerships have been able to.
First Edition, 2 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Cactus Grey
ChickasawNDN, Shadowblade
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2021

Rank V

Jan 25, 2021

So, my reservation for my FE was converted to an order on Thursday, the 21st. My salesman told me to come Friday to finalize my order, and when I showed up he informed me that the dealership could not finalize my build until Monday because that is when they are allowed to finalize FEs. Fast forward to today, and the same thing is happening, and I will have to wait longer to finalize my FE build. Has anyone else come across this??

I am very confused as to why my dealership can't finalize FEs but other dealerships have been able to.

Did your build include any late availability items?

Rank V

Jan 25, 2021

Did your build include any late availability items?
Nope. I avoided those. I haven't been able to to even add anything else (accessory wise) to it.
First Edition, 2 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Cactus Grey
Stereo

Rank V

Jan 25, 2021

Nope. I avoided those. I haven't been able to to even add anything else (accessory wise) to it.

That is the only thing I can think of beyond going into the dark zone (dealer specific issue/games/incompetence/etc.) because I have seen others place their FE order. I have an appointment with my dealer the week of Feb 1st to finalize my FE order and I will surely let you know if I run into similar issues. I suspect others will chime in as well with hopefully better information than I can provide.
Shadowblade, Broncofly

Rank V

Feb 09, 2021

@TheBluePariah97 Were you able to finalize your FE order? I placed mine last week with the dealer but it has not been officially converted to an order. It is still in “Draft” status, priority “99” on the WBDO factory order website which means I have not received my official Ford Order Confirmation email. I looked through a lot of the posts to see if I could find any FE reservations that were converted but couldn't find any, but still looking so maybe they are out there.

Rank IV

Feb 09, 2021

I ordered my FE about a week ago. It has late availability items like black interior and black top. Everything went through fine.
You havent received an email yet because your dealer has not switched your priority number. Once they take it out of 99, the order will submit to Ford and you will get your email.
Boulot

Rank V

Feb 09, 2021

I ordered my FE about a week ago. It has late availability items like black interior and black top. Everything went through fine.
You havent received an email yet because your dealer has not switched your priority number. Once they take it out of 99, the order will submit to Ford and you will get your email.

I watched the video explaining this but I still don't understand what the determining factor for the dealer to change the status from 99 to 19. Does having late availability items mean they won't change the status to 19? It seems to me that they would still place the order and Ford would prioritize mfg based upon parts availability and reservation number, and this would not be a dealer controlled decision.

Rank IV

Feb 09, 2021

Ford defaults the orders as 99. When the dealer builds a stock order or sold order, the dealer puts in a priority number. Alot of times, it doesnt matter if the number is 12, 19, or 23. If there are constraint issues on previous priority numbers, it moves on down the line until the constraints are lifted. The only real number that matters is 99. 99 is basically a build thats on hold. Its like saving your build for when you are ready to place it.
My FE was ordered with late available items. I thought that the items were the issue of the no email. Fortunately, the sister store to the GMC dealership I work for is the Ford store I ordered from and after talking to our Ford rep, he mentioned to remember to change the priority number. After we did that, I received confirmation from Ford an hour later.

If your dealer doesnt change the priority number, your order will not be sent to Ford.
Boulot, Bruners4

Rank V

Feb 09, 2021

Ford defaults the orders as 99. When the dealer builds a stock order or sold order, the dealer puts in a priority number. Alot of times, it doesnt matter if the number is 12, 19, or 23. If there are constraint issues on previous priority numbers, it moves on down the line until the constraints are lifted. The only real number that matters is 99. 99 is basically a build thats on hold. Its like saving your build for when you are ready to place it.
My FE was ordered with late available items. I thought that the items were the issue of the no email. Fortunately, the sister store to the GMC dealership I work for is the Ford store I ordered from and after talking to our Ford rep, he mentioned to remember to change the priority number. After we did that, I received confirmation from Ford an hour later.

Excellent info! Thank you very much.
simadownow6988, Shadowblade

Rank V

Feb 09, 2021

If your dealer doesnt change the priority number, your order will not be sent to Ford.

@simadownow6988 I literally sent your exact thread and wording to my dealer and received my Order Confirmation within 30 minutes. Thank you again! It seems like the Bronco ordering process is different than other Ford vehicles and creating a lot of confusion with the dealers. Doesn't sound like a dealer problem but a Ford communication to dealer problem, but who knows.
simadownow6988, Shadowblade

Rank IV

Feb 09, 2021

Glad I could help buddy! Congrats on your Bronco!
MarkPS, Stereo

Rank II

Feb 10, 2021

@simadownow6988 I literally sent your exact thread and wording to my dealer and received my Order Confirmation within 30 minutes. Thank you again! It seems like the Bronco ordering process is different than other Ford vehicles and creating a lot of confusion with the dealers. Doesn't sound like a dealer problem but a Ford communication to dealer problem, but who knows.
Whe
Sounds like a Dealer not willing to reach out to other Dealers for help. When some Salesmen/ Dealers hit a Road Block they need to be lead by the hand to get the job done.

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

Ford defaults the orders as 99.

Dude, thank you! I’ve been sitting here wondering why I haven’t gotten my email, dealerships been trying to find out why. I made an update to my order, they sent it to me and again it says “priority 99” - I sent them your information and asked them to change it. I hope it helps them submit my order and generate that confirmation email!
simadownow6988, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Feb 10, 2021

@simadownow6988 got a call this morning from my dealer after I sent him your post last night.

He went in and changed my priority code to a 10. He was under the impression that Ford would update priority codes based on reservation time stamps. But when he changed it, I immediately got my confirmation email!
Soupcook, Shadowblade

Rank VI

Apr 09, 2021

I have a Priority 19 on my order...sounds like a good code.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches

Rank VI

Apr 11, 2021

I ran into no problems at all but I was pro-active. My dealership had a dedicated Bronco person that was on it, I could even text when I had questions. (y) :D
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
Rgwinn

Rank I

Sep 25, 2022

@simadownow6988 got a call this morning from my dealer after I sent him your post last night.

He went in and changed my priority code to a 10. He was under the impression that Ford would update priority codes based on reservation time stamps. But when he changed it, I immediately got my confirmation email!
What did you email confirmation look like? Because I got an email but it was form ford dealership not from FORD directly

Life is a Highway

Sep 25, 2022

What did you email confirmation look like? Because I got an email but it was form ford dealership not from FORD directly
Typically you get the one from the dealership first and the one from Ford later.

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Sep 25, 2022

This thread is REALLY old. Was it resurrected accidentally? :unsure:
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Broncofly, Deano Bronc

Life is a Highway

Sep 25, 2022

This thread is REALLY old. Was it resurrected accidentally? :unsure:
Why they asked a question on this thread? I dunno?
Broncofly, BuckYeah