Price Protection Check

Kstiff
May 15, 2022

Rank V

May 15, 2022

My dealer is telling me, I will get a refund check directly from Ford 6 weeks after the deal. They will charge sticker price, which is more since I removed the hitch, and then Ford will send me a check. Anyone else heard this method of price protection?
Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2022

Rank V

May 15, 2022

My dealer is telling me, I will get a refund check directly from Ford 6 weeks after the deal. They will charge sticker price, which is more since I removed the hitch, and then Ford will send me a check. Anyone else heard this method of price protection?
I don't believe that is accurate. I believe the check for you will be sent to the dealer for them to then deliver to you.

What is accurate is that standard retail price protection involves a reduction in price handled by Ford once a vehicle is sold. The dealer has to do something, which causes ford to generate a check. Prior to the mess that is our world right now, dealers generally would have you sign a funds assignment form. By signing that form you are assigning the check from ford to THEM, and they give you that discount upfront. That is somewhat similar to how rebates work. But these days more and more dealers are not letting that money float. I don't know if that is because dealers have low cash right now, or Ford is slow paying the price protection. Either ways that means the price protection funds are you, and ford will send it to you. I'm just not sure how they send it to you.

*** NOTE *** this answer is specific to retail price protection. if you reserved your bronco and converted it to an order prior to March something of last year, you have a special price protection certificate that is in the dealers system. They can get the certificate number, or Ford bronco support can get you the number.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22

Rank V

May 15, 2022

I don't believe that is accurate. I believe the check for you will be sent to the dealer for them to then deliver to you.

What is accurate is that standard retail price protection involves a reduction in price handled by Ford once a vehicle is sold. The dealer has to do something, which causes ford to generate a check. Prior to the mess that is our world right now, dealers generally would have you sign a funds assignment form. By signing that form you are assigning the check from ford to THEM, and they give you that discount upfront. That is somewhat similar to how rebates work. But these days more and more dealers are not letting that money float. I don't know if that is because dealers have low cash right now, or Ford is slow paying the price protection. Either ways that means the price protection funds are you, and ford will send it to you. I'm just not sure how they send it to you.

*** NOTE *** this answer is specific to retail price protection. if you reserved your bronco and converted it to an order prior to March something of last year, you have a special price protection certificate that is in the dealers system. They can get the certificate number, or Ford bronco support can get you the number.
I am an October 2021 order. Thank you
mike8675309

Rank VI

May 20, 2022

I am an October 2021 order. Thank you
Was checking on my price guarantee today and sales manager looked up my order and printed out a page titled Dealer Reporting, Incentives & Vehicle eligibility, showing a certificate number Ford sends the dealer and amount that will be deducted from my sticker price. It was for over $800 to account for the bumper change on the Badlands and the 2022 price increase ---so it appears there is no check or refund. Just go ask them about the certificate before your vehicle is delivered to ensure that it is there when you complete the deal. Hope this helps.
2022 Badlands 4Dr Sas Lux 2.7 MIC Hot Pepper Red 7-14-20 Res. 5-25-22 Del. Name= R.E.D. RYDER

Rank III

May 26, 2022

I pick up my Bronco Friday morning and had the same question for my dealer. He confirmed the same. Ford will issue the check once the sale is finalized. For those wondering, I am a day 1 reservation holder 4 DR Badlands Lux Sas with Tow. FINALLY
Sdakotabronco, Micahman

Rank V

May 26, 2022

I pick up my Bronco Friday morning and had the same question for my dealer. He confirmed the same. Ford will issue the check once the sale is finalized. For those wondering, I am a day 1 reservation holder 4 DR Badlands Lux Sas with Tow. FINALLY
Congratulations!
AzBronc

Burrito Connoisseur

May 26, 2022

Huh, it seems like everyone has slightly different experiences.

My dealer deducts the price protection rebates from the final selling price based on what is presented to them in Vincent. Then Ford themselves will reimburse the dealer within 30-45 days.

So maybe it’s a dealer preference sorta thing. Either the dealer eats the cost until reimbursed by Ford, or the dealer charges full price and Ford reimburses the customer directly.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
DadChris44, Deano Bronc

Rank V

May 26, 2022

If not deducted at time of sale and check sent by Ford later, how is sales tax handled? Seems like you are paying sales tax on an amount that will later be refunded.

Rank V

May 26, 2022

Huh, it seems like everyone has slightly different experiences.

My dealer deducts the price protection rebates from the final selling price based on what is presented to them in Vincent. Then Ford themselves will reimburse the dealer within 30-45 days.

So maybe it’s a dealer preference sorta thing. Either the dealer eats the cost until reimbursed by Ford, or the dealer charges full price and Ford reimburses the customer directly.
For your dealer to do that during the signing of documents, they had you sign a document that assigned the check to them that will come from Ford. Some dealers, more these days choose not to do that.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22

Rank VI

May 26, 2022

I just went through this with my dealer and confirmed the process with my buddy that works at FMC. I'll use the example of a 4 Door Badlands. The concept will be the same for other trims but the dollar values will be different.

2021 - 2022 Price protection (J1) - In the case of a 4 Door Badlands, this value was $825 and is available to the dealer as an incentive to be included in the sales agreement at time of purchase.

2022 Mid Year Price adjustment (J2 to J1) - This value is automatically generated after the dealer records the sale in the Vincent system. The system will verify that the customer who purchased the vehicle matches the customer that ordered. The payment to the dealer will be issued 30-45 days after the sale, and the dealer must remit that payment to the customer. If it is not, contact Ford Customer service and non-payment will trigger FMC audits of the dealership. In the case of a 4 Door Badlands, this value is $1750.

The J2 to J1 price protection (the latter item above), the dealership has discretion on how they handle it. They have the option to include it as an incentive to the customer at time of sale. Or they can remit it to the customer when they receive it from FMC 30-45 days after purchase (this is how my dealer is doing it).

The incentive program in Ford's system is EFC 09888, and if your dealer has any questions, advise them to look up that program in their computer.

Just to be clear the program I outlined above is for customers who reserved or ordered a Bronco prior to Mar 19, 2021.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
ZWSMITH, ried

Rank V

May 26, 2022

2022 Mid Year Price adjustment (J2 to J1) - This value is automatically generated after the dealer records the sale in the Vincent system. The system will verify that the customer who purchased the vehicle matches the customer that ordered. The payment to the dealer will be issued 30-45 days after the sale, and the dealer must remit that payment to the customer. If it is not, contact Ford Customer service and non-payment will trigger FMC audits of the dealership. In the case of a 4 Door Badlands, this value is $1750.

The J2 to J1 price protection (the latter item above), the dealership has discretion on how they handle it. They have the option to include it as an incentive to the customer at time of sale. Or they can remit it to the customer when they receive it from FMC 30-45 days after purchase (this is how my dealer is doing it).

The incentive program in Ford's system is EFC 09888, and if your dealer has any questions, advise them to look up that program in their computer.

Just to be clear the program I outlined above is for customers who reserved or ordered a Bronco prior to Mar 19, 2021.

The J2 to J1 price adjustment you mention is standard Ford retail order price protection that they have always provided to those who order vehicles. It shouldn't be only for those who ordered prior to Mar 19, 2021.

Ford has a FAQ about this all

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation After March 19, 2021, or Placed an Order Without a Reservation After March 19, 2021
What does it mean if I placed a reservation after March 19, 2021, or placed an order without a reservation after March 19, 2021?
If you fall into either of these categories, it means that you do not qualify for the Bronco Price Protection Program. The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021.

I have placed an order, will this mid-year price increase affect my pricing?
If you do not change your order after March 7, 2022, and take delivery of your 2022 MY Bronco, your order qualifies for retail order price protection. This protects the MSRP of the vehicle at the time the 2022 order was received by Ford. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Rank VI

May 26, 2022

The J2 to J1 price adjustment you mention is standard Ford retail order price protection that they have always provided to those who order vehicles. It shouldn't be only for those who ordered prior to Mar 19, 2021.

Ford has a FAQ about this all

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation After March 19, 2021, or Placed an Order Without a Reservation After March 19, 2021
Sorry, I meant that all items that I specified in my post were applicable to folks that reserved/ordered prior to 3/19/21. I have no knowledge of what does/does not apply for folks after that date as I didn't research it/consult with my buddy at FMC because I was not in that position.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115

Rank V

May 26, 2022

Unfortunately, we are negotiating from the weak side. The dealer could just say he is going to add the market applied value fee. Currently honoring retail for orders. It is just frustrating ..

Rank II

May 27, 2022

During a recent call to Ford Customer support, I was informed that I had to share my price protection certificate number (which was provided to me during the same all), with the dealer. I sent the dealer my certificate number via email. Also, I was informed that my certificate expires Dec 2022. When I asked, "what if I don't have my Bronco by then?", the response was, "oh, I'm sure you'll have it by December". We'll have to see how that turns out :)
4-door WildTrak / Hot Pepper Red / Mod bumper / tow / leather
Res: 7/20/2022 | Order: 2/28/2021 | Built: 7/31/2022 | Delivery: 8/21/2022

Rank V

May 27, 2022

During a recent call to Ford Customer support, I was informed that I had to share my price protection certificate number (which was provided to me during the same all), with the dealer. I sent the dealer my certificate number via email. Also, I was informed that my certificate expires Dec 2022. When I asked, "what if I don't have my Bronco by then?", the response was, "oh, I'm sure you'll have it by December". We'll have to see how that turns out :)
You only get a certificate if you are a reservation holder. And the dealer has access to the certificate in their system as well.

In the past it would be very unusual for the dealer not to give you the price reduction prior to Ford sending the price protection check. These days it is happening more and more as dealers are looking to make every dollar they can.

Rank 0

Jun 02, 2022

My dealer deducted the amount from the final sale price which I appreciated since it was less to pay sales tax on.
Sdakotabronco, ried

Rank IV

Jun 20, 2022

My dealer had me sign this form giving them the right to the check and credited the check as part of my down payment no BS, no hassle. Great buying experience at Kearney Mesa Ford!
I sent them my info, did a credit app online everything including the truck was ready on my arrival (I live 200 miles away) I was in and out of there in 75 minutes best car buying experience in my life. If they can do it then your dealer can too!
2022 Bronco 2dr Basesquatch 2.7
Carbonized Grey Mod Bumper Rock rails Brush guard Hitch Pod lights Black bead locks KMA-367
ried, Deano Bronc

Rank I

Jul 18, 2022

Sorry if this is redundant. But I just received my email from Ford letting me know that my bronco will be built the week of August 22nd. I am a summer of 2020 reservation order and then finalized my order on March 19th, 2021. I have a badlands two door, roof rack, tow, lux and non- sas. Where can I find t8he price protection numbers or does someone have the numbers. I had to reorder and I remember the bumper being an additional charge with my reorder when it was standard on the 2021. Thanks for all info.

Rank V

Jul 18, 2022

Sorry if this is redundant. But I just received my email from Ford letting me know that my bronco will be built the week of August 22nd. I am a summer of 2020 reservation order and then finalized my order on March 19th, 2021. I have a badlands two door, roof rack, tow, lux and non- sas. Where can I find t8he price protection numbers or does someone have the numbers. I had to reorder and I remember the bumper being an additional charge with my reorder when it was standard on the 2021. Thanks for all info.
Look at the Long McArthur youtube videos.

Rank I

Jul 18, 2022

Will do I just went some ford emails and according to their own FAQ website I should be price protected for $2975.00.
Kstiff