Power Folding Mirror Upgrade?

Jstump99
Jan 13, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2022

I was always surprised that there was not a power folding option, even on the highest level Broncos. I know a lot of people will laugh at the need of this, but being a city driver I am often thankful for the power folding mirrors in our Ranger.

If there’s any parts developers that wanna use my Base 4-door when it arrives as a tester - by all means .
Base 4dr - Cyber Orange - 2.3 AT, Soft Top - Aux, Flr Lnrs, Keypad | Ordered 12/28/21 - W.S. 4/14/22 - Blend 4/21 - Built 4/25 - Shipped 5/19 - Final Prep 5/19
Jakob1972
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2022

Rank IV

Jan 13, 2022

Couldn't get it both ways, Mirrors not mounted on removable doors, or power fold mirrors on removable doors. As currently set up, the mirror would be in the way every time you opened the door with power fold. Sure, could be programmed to move when an unlock button was pressed, but imagine how many mirrors would be damaged or just cause damage from those that simply grab the handle and open with auto entry. Ford polled off roaders and determined that having a mirror mounted to the body was more important than mounting them on the door.
Soupcook, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2022

Couldn't get it both ways, Mirrors not mounted on removable doors, or power mirrors on removable doors. As currently set up, the mirror would be in the way every time you opened the door with power fold. Sure, could be programmed to move when an unlock button was pressed, but imagine how many mirrors would be damaged or just cause damage from those that simply grab the handle and open with auto entry. Ford polled off roaders and determined that having a mirror mounted to the body was more important than mounting them on the door.

You know…. I hadn’t even thought about the complexity of it being a pillar mounted. That does make it rather difficult I suppose. Oh well, I will just be more selective over parking and have to manually fold.
Base 4dr - Cyber Orange - 2.3 AT, Soft Top - Aux, Flr Lnrs, Keypad | Ordered 12/28/21 - W.S. 4/14/22 - Blend 4/21 - Built 4/25 - Shipped 5/19 - Final Prep 5/19
HeliPilot, Bt_ostate

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2022

I’m with you, I would really appreciate having this feature. I’m hoping someone designs a motor that folds it forward or up over the fender. But even to just have a power angling mirror that angles downward slightly when you go into reverse would be good. I know there’s cameras, but those easily get covered up with road grime where I live.
Zalford

Libations MOD

Jan 13, 2022

I’m with you, I would really appreciate having this feature. I’m hoping someone designs a motor that folds it forward or up over the fender. But even to just have a power angling mirror that angles downward slightly when you go into reverse would be good. I know there’s cameras, but those easily get covered up with road grime where I live.
Oh now I dig the Lamborghini style mirrors folding up versus just back which obviously cant be done with the pillar mount system at hand
But I guess thinking about it could also still be complicated with the antenna and then if you install Pod lights, well damn it!
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank VI

Jan 13, 2022

You know…. I hadn’t even thought about the complexity of it being a pillar mounted. That does make it rather difficult I suppose. Oh well, I will just be more selective over parking and have to manually fold.
If it was power mirrors or a pillar mounted I'd pick the way they are every time. The not having them on the door is handy in so many ways.

And I'm sure like all vehicles we will see enhancements over time. Especially as they get out in people's hands and there is enough feedback received to justify certain tweaks or enhancements.

There are a few things like power mirrors, and better rear ac vents I would've loved, but overall I'm really enjoying my new Bronco and am stoked Ford reinvigorated the brand and vehicle. It's nice to have a Ford again in this segment in lieu of really only having jeep to consider.
Deano Bronc