Possible Q&A with Esteban Plaza-Jennings?

BuzzyBud
Mar 25, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

It has been several months since the last Bronco Nation interview with Esteban and was hoping another interview could be scheduled. The last one (see link below) centered on ordering our Broncos. Maybe the next one could center on production and maybe delivery. A brief sample of the kinds of questions is listed below.
  • Are the six commodity constraints previously identified still present? Any new ones added?
  • Can you share the percent conversion rate of reservations to orders? Any surprises?
  • Will factory production be increased to meet demand? Any change in Job 1 start date?
  • Will a revised accessory list be published? If so, release date?
  • Can you share the release date for the online Bronco owner manual?
  • Will the shortage of computer chips impact Bronco production?
I am sure many more questions remain.

DeepCreek, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2021

Libations MOD

Mar 25, 2021

Agree there, time for another one!! @David @Laura what you think??
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Rgwinn, 2ndGenBroncoOwner

Rank V

Mar 25, 2021

Great idea @BuzzyBud! @David & @Laura Here are some more to add to the list:

• What changes are planned or already being made from the pre-production models? E.g. Brush Guard Re-design?
  • Any update on the slide out tailgate?
  • Which models (if any) will come with the dashboard accessory rail?
  • Does/can the TPMS alert go into a bypass mode when in certain GOAT modes?
  • If the dual top option is ordered, which will be on the vehicle when it ships?
  • Will the app be separate from the existing FordPass app or will the new "features" be unlocked when you add your Bronco to your profile?
2021 Bronco First Edition - Lightning Blue - Black Interior - 4-door
Also in the Driveway: 2020 Ford Expedition Platinum, 2017 Ford Edge Titanium, 2008 BMW 335i, 2007 Infiniti G35x, 2002 Chevy Tahoe
KennyMac, ATC Enthusiast

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

We're always up for a Q&A. The challenge is flagging down the guy who's responsible for one of the biggest automotive launches of a generation. Those folks tend to be busy. The request has been noted and please continue to add questions. No promises but we'll see what we can do.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Deano Bronc, Gutter Clown

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

• Does/can the TPMS alert go into a bypass mode when in certain GOAT modes?
I would love to see the above question answered. I am always forgetting about TPMS and airing down.
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
Deano Bronc, ATC Enthusiast

Rank V

Mar 25, 2021

Could you ask him to tell dealers if you can change things to your build up until it is being built, my dealership at Rayskillman Ford martinsville indiana, says he cant change it that it is locked in to Ford?? I was going to add a 2000.00 upgrade.
2ndGenBroncoOwner, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

Ask him when I will get my vin number. Because I’m special. :ROFLMAO:

This is a great idea @BuzzyBud good follow up to the early Q&A

Additional thoughts:
- any updates to MY22 changes ?
- has chip supply affected the Bronco?
- is the hard top manufacturer operating at full production?
- can we expect to see a white top in the next model year?
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Deano Bronc, 2ndGenBroncoOwner

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

My question would be where is the picatinny rail that was shown? Coming later? Accessory to order later this year? Standard but not shown?

Life is a Highway

Mar 25, 2021

My question would be where is the picatinny rail that was shown? Coming later? Accessory to order later this year? Standard but not shown?
We got way bigger problems than the picatinny rail
BuzzyBud, 2ndGenBroncoOwner

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

We got way bigger problems than the picatinny rail
Maybe you do. I’m good with my order as it stands. No concerns or changes to be made based on components. I want what I ordered and I’ll get it when it comes.

Life is a Highway

Mar 25, 2021

Maybe you do. I’m good with my order as it stands. No concerns or changes to be made based on components. I want what I ordered and I’ll get it when it comes.
I am not necessarily commenting about my build. I am a late build and nothing has changed for me. Maybe I misspoke, I am referencing the BN as a whole. For many there is genuine concern and frustration. Some will reconfigure their builds, others will wait, and others will say forget it. There is a certain level of intestinal fortitude involved with this process and for some it may be too much. And that sucks. Not a process for the weak of heart.
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

Hey guys, I want to make sure that we're not focusing on a single person here. We've added some extra FAQs that go pretty deep on the top issue and talk about the ordering and delivery thing a bit more. I'm not saying that we're going in this direction, but I wouldn't want a pitchforks and torches situation developing here.

https://community.thebronconation.c...uction-timing-faqs-from-ford.3917/#post-51921
KennyMac, Deano Bronc

Life is a Highway

Mar 25, 2021

Hey guys, I want to make sure that we're not focusing on a single person here. We've added some extra FAQs that go pretty deep on the top issue and talk about the ordering and delivery thing a bit more. I'm not saying that we're going in this direction, but I wouldn't want a pitchforks and torches situation developing here.

https://community.thebronconation.c...uction-timing-faqs-from-ford.3917/#post-51921
Solid call, I concur

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

I want to know why I'm not getting the FordPass points for getting pushed to a 22. :LOL:
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

Can this tie you over for a bit?

Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank IV

Mar 25, 2021

@David

Can they at least expand the color options for FE order holders?

Already accepted late availability, limited colors and now a top that doesn't match the rest of the trim. Points don't make up for having to spend more money, time and a look I don't want.

Can they offer GREEN? What alot of FE holders would love. Coming out with GREEN for 22, just months after we will get delivery. Do something special for those of us with the least options, and being forced into a corner after orders we're placed. Give us early access!!!

Been a loyal customer, put in my order, paid my money. Still feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick. Ford should do something tangible. Expanding color options seems, simple and something that would make an immediate impact on the look of the Bronco. Make it easier to accept that MIC top.

Rank VI

Mar 26, 2021

can we expect to see a white top in the next model year?
This has been confirmed for MY22. However, it will have limited availability across trims.
Rgwinn

Rank VI

Mar 26, 2021

Can you share the percent conversion rate of reservations to orders?
See below for info on this. Announced here.

Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada.
  • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
  • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
KennyMac, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Mar 26, 2021

Could you ask him to tell dealers if you can change things to your build up until it is being built, my dealership at Rayskillman Ford martinsville indiana, says he cant change it that it is locked in to Ford?? I was going to add a 2000.00 upgrade.

Did you talk with William? I believe the previous cut off was March 19th so they finalize the order conversion, but an email came out today that extended the cut off for order changes until April 8th. I am going to contact him to add the roof liner tomorrow.
|'21 4-Door | Badsquatch™ | Area 51 | 2.7L | MIC 2.0 Hard Top | Lux Package | Grey Poupon on Tap |

You can find me on the Socials at https://bio.link/overlanding4fun

Life is a Highway

Mar 26, 2021

Did you talk with William? I believe the previous cut off was March 19th so they finalize the order conversion, but an email came out today that extended the cut off for order changes until April 8th. I am going to contact him to add the roof liner tomorrow.
I believe the March 19th date was the date to convert our reservations. The April 8th date is for those who converted to make any changes as related to the new revelations regarding the Modular tops. Originally the last date you could previously make any changes to your order was up until the vin gets issued. Sometime in May was the period where Ford would notify of build dates. All of this is subject to change though.