Possible MAP Closure in August

BuzzyBud
Aug 03, 2021

Rank VI

Aug 03, 2021

It is being reported by a member on 6g who is also a member here on BN of a possible MAP closure in August. Our member is @PREMiERdrum

@PREMiERdrum Could you please add your insights here?
Steve777468, WyoBronc
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 03, 2021

Libations MOD

Aug 03, 2021

and just remember Ford said August was going to be "full production" UGH Oh well, fix the MIC so when I get mine there is no issues LOL
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
LR48, SlashRacer

Member 2541 Jerry

Aug 03, 2021

Wouldn’t be surprised if future COVID Variant shutdowns happen again at this point. We’ve all seen it and every other reasoning for it.
Once again , if your a member of a social network or not.
Ford refuses to keep order holders informed.
“Very poor customer relations standards”
IMO.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
croyco, ResidualGenius

Rank V

Aug 03, 2021

What social media? These two sites are "Complaint and Rumor Mill Central."

The process:
- someone "hears" something, usually negative.
- dozens (hundreds on 6g) pile on with inane comments like "dumpster fire....Ford has lost it....doesn't have a clue..."
- The rumor is never substantiated, everyone moves on to the next thread, repeats process.

Result:
Disillusioned people, unrealistic expectations, heightened worry about things that "might" go wrong, negativity.
Deedra, LR48

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Aug 03, 2021

I haven't killed anyone since 1984, I don't want to have to start again...
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Bronc96, CJ5&Broncolover

Rank VI

Aug 03, 2021

The process:
- dozens (hundreds on 6g) pile on with inane comments like "dumpster fire....Ford has lost it....doesn't have a clue..."
- The rumor is never substantiated, everyone moves on to the next thread, repeats process.

It is true, we tend to be focused on the 2021 Bronco. However, if you follow many of the Bronco influencers on Instagram or Facebook you will notice how the follower comments are turning very sour. Fascinating! Silence on the part of Ford may not longer be a viable option.
WyoBronc, TEEDEE

Rank V

Aug 03, 2021

C

The process:

Result:
Disillusioned people, unrealistic expectations, heightened worry about things that "might" go wrong, negativity.

"the rumor is never substantiated".....what alternate universe are you living in?
"unrealistic expectations".....my expectations are no greater than what Ford has stated. They keep crushing their own expectations along with the majority of order holders.

How many negative "rumors" have come true" How many positive "rumors" have come true? Make a list and get back to us.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Gemini_69, LR48

Member 2541 Jerry

Aug 03, 2021

The hell is going on with Ford anyway, can't use this overhyped flu as an excuse forever
My COVID statement was just guesswork on my part, as I have zero information from Ford directly over the past year other than the two e mails,
Stay pumped
&
Deliveries are happening.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Bronc96, J.bell

Rank II

Aug 03, 2021

It is being reported by a member on 6g who is also a member here on BN of a possible MAP closure in August. Our member is @PREMiERdrum

I’m on the other site specifically because of the spot on info he provides on there.
rlack75, saintseason

Rank V

Aug 03, 2021

Kinda odd that one day, they release uninterrupted, scheduled builds for 5 weeks...
Then on the very next day, renig and pull back production.
This can't simply be a MIC top issue... Sudden like that?
@Ford Motor Company ,we need answers
jonnnybroncobish, ABQNMBronco

Rank VI

Aug 03, 2021

Clearly, this is an issue worth tracking. Please keep in mind, we have not received any confirmation of the MAP closure. At this point the only thing I know is meetings are taking place within the MAP leadership. @David and @Laura and @NickP might have additional information for us. Stay tuned!
Bronc96, WyoBronc

Rank V

Aug 03, 2021

Clearly, this is an issue worth tracking. Please keep in mind, we have not received any confirmation of the MAP closure. At this point the only thing I know is meetings are taking place within the MAP leadership. @David and @Laura and @NickP might have additional information for us. Stay tuned!

I’m as in the dark as anyone! I doubt anyone outside of MAP/Ford leadership team really has a full picture honestly.
LR48, Bronc96

Rank V

Aug 03, 2021

I’m as in the dark as anyone! I doubt anyone outside of MAP/Ford leadership team really has a full picture honestly.
I don't think anyone INSIDE MAP has the full picture! Honestly
LR48, ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Aug 03, 2021

I understand information may be closely held within the Ford leadership structure. However, this might be the time to express concern and request clarification. There was a time when Bronco Nation was cultivating a close working relationship with Esteban Plaza-Jennings. Bronco Nation has served Esteban well in helping to build excitement for the Bronco. I have no doubt Esteban could help us and perhaps IOUs are outstanding. In my humble opinion, this is no longer a spectator sport. ;)
Bronc96, Steve777468

Rank VI

Aug 03, 2021

5F2C82BB-2C98-4466-B668-C884A5A7CC61.png
I fear this is all my fault :oops: Last week I tweeted to Jim Farley about the honeycomb issue that surfaced on the MIC top. Just in case he wasn’t yet in the loop on this. Yeah, far fetched. But, what if during their July downtime they produced thousands of MIC tops using the same procedure that yielded this failure. Just thought I’d throw this out there.
mustang73, StrictlyBroncos

Rank V

Aug 03, 2021

I like to keep an eye on the B6G forums because there's a lot more members there and therefore more people actually receiving their trucks. It's nice to see the hands-on experiences, photos, and issues folks are having to get an idea how this first model of a new generation Bronco is coming along.
Outer Banks, 4dr, Velocity Blue, soft top, Lux, 2.7L, rear locker, HD bumper/bash plate, tow package, roast leather
Build Date: 8/18/21
Replacing my Black 2013 Mustang GT Premium
LR48, Bronc96

Rank VI

Aug 03, 2021

I just got off the phone with Bronco customer service about my order.

She said my vehicle has started production and has not been finished yet. She also stated that she is unaware of any delays this week or next week as of yet.

Ordered a 4dr Wildtrack with tow package High pkg.
Original Reservation date was 7/13/2020 @8:45 pm
Production date was 6/21 then 7/12 then 8/2

Seems like for now it's moving.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
AZshot, SlashRacer

Rank V

Aug 03, 2021

@PREMiERdrum has proven to be a reliable source and is well connected.

If another week, or two of production stoppage is indeed imminent, so close to the previous two week shutdown, and immediately following news of scheduling being cancelled this week, with no scheduling emails being sent for at least 5 weeks…….I mean, this at a time when full production of 500 Broncos/Rangers per shift with a 60/40-70/30 Bronco split, and supposedly adding Saturday scheduling beginning second week of September?

Things might be pretty bad as it pertains to the Bronco. It’s hard to read all the dumpster fire memes and unhinged responses to the drip of bad news over at 6g, but there is some justifiable concern. And not a peep from Ford yet.
frogier, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 03, 2021

No production shut down communicated as of yesterday.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
moniqueusername, Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Aug 03, 2021

@PREMiERdrum has proven to be a reliable source and is well connected.

If another week, or two of production stoppage is indeed imminent, so close to the previous two week shutdown, and immediately following news of scheduling being cancelled this week, with no scheduling emails being sent for at least 5 weeks…….I mean, this at a time when full production of 500 Broncos/Rangers per shift with a 60/40-70/30 Bronco split, and supposedly adding Saturday scheduling beginning second week of September?

Things might be pretty bad as it pertains to the Bronco. It’s hard to read all the dumpster fire memes and unhinged responses to the drip of bad news over at 6g, but there is some justifiable concern. And not a peep from Ford yet.

I would be very surprised if this did not precipitate some kind of action(s) on the part of those with an interest in owning a Bronco. Whether they be Instagram, Facebook, YouTube influencers or the automotive industry, information from Ford is now needed.
jonnnybroncobish, KennyMac